ADVERTISEMENT

If I was a Louisville fan looking for a coach....

Wall2Boogie

Getting the Hang of It
Jan 28, 2010
I would offer bobby Hurley a brinks truck to coach your team. I know it's a long shot and nick Cronin is the likely candidate but dude has Arizona state ranked 3rd and has won everywhere he's been. Cronin is your most likely candidate but Hurley could easily put you guys back on the map. Dude can coach and recruit

Reactions: cardinalrod
I would offer bobby Hurley a brinks truck to coach your team. I know it's a long shot and nick Cronin is the likely candidate but dude has Arizona state ranked 3rd and has won everywhere he's been. Cronin is your most likely candidate but Hurley could easily put you guys back on the map. Dude can coach and recruit
Mick has UC in his DNA. He has been a UC guy since birth and isn't leaving there on his own.

Reactions: Cincycard80
Mick has UC in his DNA. He has been a UC guy since birth and isn't leaving there on his own.
Sure he's from here but so is chris Mack the other guys you want. Cronin is more likely since he's a disciple of rick and he would have a much better shot at a title if he went to Louisville. Let's be honest he will never sniff a final four coaching at uc. He would have a top notch job in Louisville and could recruit more highly rated players than he could at uc. I think if the money's right he would leave uc for the Louisville gig. You have a much better shot with him than chris Mack

I see Hurley at Duke in a couple of years when K retires. He will probably stay at ASU till then.

How do I know Lite and any of these guys aren't on files on the FBI's desk right now?...

How do I know Lite and any of these guys aren't on files on the FBI's desk right now?...
Hoping for a Christmas miracle this year? Don't use up all your wishes though because you still need Diallo to be woefully bad at actual basketball skills.

Reactions: awf
Hoping for a Christmas miracle this year? Don't use up all your wishes though because you still need Diallo to be woefully bad at actual basketball skills.
You didn't answer the question before making a pitiful attempt to hijack the topic.

Decade%20of%20LPT%20Basketball_zps20w3vdfk.jpg

I hijacked the topic? I think it was you that interjected UK into a thread about UL's coaching search. You just can't help yourself can you ?

What was your question?
Lite is probably the most famous shoe coach with the most shoe kids. You do understand that has nothing to do with LPT except that's where he works? Nor does it have anything to do with Diallo. That's a hijack-er...

proxy.php

Sure he's from here but so is chris Mack the other guys you want. Cronin is more likely since he's a disciple of rick and he would have a much better shot at a title if he went to Louisville. Let's be honest he will never sniff a final four coaching at uc. He would have a top notch job in Louisville and could recruit more highly rated players than he could at uc. I think if the money's right he would leave uc for the Louisville gig. You have a much better shot with him than chris Mack

Actually it’s is less likely because he’s associated with Pitino. He was a big time defender of Pitino. His name comes up very little. Until this thread really has gained any traction. The names mentioned most Mack, Marshall, and lately Hurly. I personally am not interested in seeing Cronin here.

I'd take Hurley in a heartbeat. He changed ASU around very quickly. They crushed Mack's team with lesser talent and beat Kansas in Lawrence. I'd still take make as well. But if Hurley wants it, I'd give it to him. He's just a winner. He can recruit. Heck he recruited Luguentz Dort (4* top 100) to ASU, who was once on Louisville's list of recruits. He also has another 4* recruit that's just outside the top 100 signed to ASU. Just imagine, that's at ASU. He could and would recruit way better at UofL.

I think it's a no brainer to at least call him. He's young and an up and comer. We need to get him for another big name does. He's been coaching for 4 years and already has an ASU team the #3 team while beating 2 top 25 teams doing that. He's turned ASU's program around in 2 years.

With the facilities and program name he'd have at UofL, he would be great here. Recruiting would be great. He'd bring UofL back almost immediately.

Im sold on both him and Mack. Either one is a great hire IMO.

Reactions: cardinalrod

As many people as there are gunning for Cal, if he was named in those files any where the sports world would have known about it.

As many people as there are gunning for Cal, if he was named in those files any where the sports world would have known about it.

This is funny. Whose gunning for Cal? Everyone? Now that’s delusional.

I see Hurley at Duke in a couple of years when K retires. He will probably stay at ASU till then.

Yes, you don't go after a guy who will surely leave for his alma mater once their 71 year old coach retires in a season or two. Waste of everyone's time.

Regarding the next HC, unless DP makes a deep post season run, he's got less than a 5% chance of keeping the gig. The word is, by all accounts, interest in the position has been unexpectedly off the charts. DP is up against some major competition. My guess is he knows this, too.

No doubt it has. Two coaches in the last 40 years - both HOFers, shows the stability and commitment - well at least under previous management. Plus, every prospective coach has got to know that the university has to make a long term commitment in order to secure someone good to get them thru what might be a rough few years.

No doubt. I bet the FBI sends sweaty cal's exoneration letter out the same day as they mail trump's...

What leap? The FBI is investigating Nike and Lite signs more big time Nike kids than anyone.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

john-calipari-shocked.jpg
I'm not afraid at all. Kansas is the primary Adidas school and the feds haven't done anything with them. They sign far more elite recruits than you guys. Your logic is terribly flawed on this. But I will say this, if we did anything like buying recruits, we will deserve our punishment and I would hope the entire basketball staff would be fired, right up to the AD. Thats how I felt in the 80's and thats how I feel now.

Reactions: RogerIndy
I'm not afraid at all. Kansas is the primary Adidas school and the feds haven't done anything with them...
Yet. And fear does require a modicum of intellect...

"...Now that the FBI has begun making arrests, anyone who flips could dramatically expand the scope of this case. It’s going to get bigger. One ominous example: Documents show now-arrested sports agent Christian Dawkins warning Adidas that they should be paying a player’s family more money because a rival company would be “coming in with a higher number.”

LINK

635791196410404830-24-Kentucky.jpg

From what? This thread's about coaches you DON'T wanna hire...

capture_20150404_221030.jpg
Well I can tell you what this thread isn't about. It has nothing to do with UK or coach Cal. But like I said, you just can't help yourself can you ?

Well I can tell you what this thread isn't about. It has nothing to do with UK or coach Cal. But like I said, you just can't help yourself can you ?

Technically, when the topic of the FBI investigation comes up, if you have a basketball team and a shoe deal, you're involved.

Might as well hire Crapipperi.

According to SuCkS fans, UofL is dirty and cheats. He brings in 5 stars
WITHOUT cheating....... (LoL)

Who knows more about being dirty and cheating than pay pal cow.

Surely a fine institution such as university of lexghanistan would NEVER have hired
a scum bucket like cow............

Next Louisville HC-John boy caliperri.

Reactions: American Male

Surely a fine institution such as university of lexghanistan would NEVER have hired

Yet you have zero proof. Only wishful thinking. I see "fact" tossed around so frequently on this board. But no one has any facts regarding UK cheating in the current landscape. Apparently the NCAA isn't as convinced as you guys since they just appointed him to a committee tasked to clean up college ball

Yet. And fear does require a modicum of intellect...

"...Now that the FBI has begun making arrests, anyone who flips could dramatically expand the scope of this case. It’s going to get bigger. One ominous example: Documents show now-arrested sports agent Christian Dawkins warning Adidas that they should be paying a player’s family more money because a rival company would be “coming in with a higher number.”

LINK

635791196410404830-24-Kentucky.jpg
And yet, nothing. Only the original 10 arrests. Even then, only 8 were indicted. You're tilting at windmills.

You sure have a right to your opinion.

But, but, but - that was never proved! Just like it was never proved that there was anything suspicious when eric bledsoe got his first A ever in a HS math class in Algebra III, and followed it up with his second ever A in Algebra II directly after that. I mean of course every member of big hillbilly nation knew in their black hearts that sweaty cal ran the dirtiest of programs at memphis state - there were dozens of threads on raftards discussing how he could never beat u ah k out for top recruits without cheating but once he became the king of BHN? Pure as the driven snow I tell you.

The Sun-Times and all of the multitude of journalists - and even fake journalists like matty bangs - who have written about what a cheater sweaty cal has been his entire career, are just a bunch of jealous haters...

Reactions: American Male
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT