ADVERTISEMENT

If Dakich is correct...

ShortCreek

Three-Star Poster
Jul 17, 2008
then heads should roll at the NCAA. Letting this leak before the school is notified? Talk about a screwed up organization!

I’ve said it before we just have to let it go. The NCAA took the banner after Smrt screwed us. I believe Shawshank redemption applies here.
“Didn’t do it, lawyer f@&$!&$ me.”
We were guilty and we can gripe about it but the judge already sentenced us. No appeal is going to change that. Miami, UNC, Penn St analogies aren’t equal.

I’ve said it before we just have to let it go. The NCAA took the banner after Smrt screwed us. I believe Shawshank redemption applies here.
We were guilty and we can gripe about it but the judge already sentenced us. No appeal is going to change that. Miami, UNC, Penn St analogies aren’t equal.

Wrong. The Miami deal is now the same. Sex scandal and the NCAA leaked information. That’s how they got pretty much out of it. Turned the tables on the NCAA.

I never get people who are willing to just rollover and quit. This is like getting life for jaywalking. Yep we broke a rule but we received no gain. And it wasn’t a major infraction. Plus the ruling wasn’t close to on par for the crime. They admitted it was a moral decision. We have them where we want them, but their to stupid to realize it.

Screw the NCAA. Now I would say take the to court, but they got us right now. Say we take them to court and we win or lose it doesn’t matter. Then they come back and hammer us over the Adidas deal. But they might anyway, plus they hammer us they better hammer every other school.

I say take them to court and let the light shine on the cockroaches. But our current administration doesn’t care nor do they have the guts to do it.

Wrong. The Miami deal is now the same. Sex scandal and the NCAA leaked information. That’s how they got pretty much out of it. Turned the tables on the NCAA.

I never get people who are willing to just rollover and quit. This is like getting life for jaywalking. Yep we broke a rule but we received no gain. And it wasn’t a major infraction. Plus the ruling wasn’t close to on par for the crime. They admitted it was a moral decision. We have them where we want them, but their to stupid to realize it.

Screw the NCAA. Now I would say take the to court, but they got us right now. Say we take them to court and we win or lose it doesn’t matter. Then they come back and hammer us over the Adidas deal. But they might anyway, plus they hammer us they better hammer every other school.

I say take them to court and let the light shine on the cockroaches. But our current administration doesn’t care nor do they have the guts to do it.
Has anyone ever gone to court over a sports league ruling and won? Legitimately curious. Did Miami do exactly what we did? Or did they just win their appeal? The reason you quit now is because you would just lose more money paying for lawyers. It’s like going back to the blackjack table after losing your house only to gamble with your family. We can’t afford it anymore. We have to pay for Rick and Tom.

I really don’t think cash is one of us, I’ve thought about that in a few threads that he/she posted in.

I really don’t think cash is one of us, I’ve thought about that in a few threads that he/she posted in.

I think you’re correct. That will be my last interaction.

Reactions: rockycard
Lol look at my posts if you’re curious. I am just tired of listening to our name get dragged through the mud and I want to move on from Rick Pitino and his scummy regime. I’m ready for Padgett or whoever to bring us back with a clean slate. We can’t do that if we keep putting our name out there in the news for this embarrassing stripper scandal.

Reactions: Cychologist
then heads should roll at the NCAA. Letting this leak before the school is notified? Talk about a screwed up organization!
I believe Louisville found out yesterday but hasn't publicly told anyone. The media is always going to break a story like that if they get a chance. Dakich sucks as an individual though. The dude is classless but any media would do this one.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
I think you’re correct. That will be my last interaction.
Full disclosure, I wasn’t a die hard cards fan until I came to school here. Graduating this semester God willing. My brother was here for 4 years before me but other than that the only university ties my family has is Florida State. College basketball has always been far and away less important to me than football likely for that reason and because of all the bad exposure for U of L I tend to see it as the thorn in my side with respect to college sports.

The reason I am saying we should end it here is simple. If Katina Powell and Louisville are tied together for any more news stories after this decision, it will be because we continue to bring the exposure upon ourselves. Zeke Elliot probably didn’t even harm his girlfriend in any way based on the evidence and the courts still made him serve his suspension. I have no law experience other than high school mock trial, but would a court case be anything but futile? Is there any precedent to look at that applies?

That’s the last question I’ll pose and I hope I get a reply, but if you think I’m not a cards fan I guess that’s your prerogative. The fan base is divided on many things because of the basketball scandals. Some want to give up their support of the athletics department because of the new group in power, but that just lets Papa J, Grissom, et al win. I want to just move on and act like nothing ever happened.

Smrt didn’t screw us, McGee did. And who is McGee? Unfortunately he was U of L at the time. Hard facts but reality. Time to move on as a University.

Reactions: Cychologist
Smrt didn’t screw us, McGee did. And who is McGee? Unfortunately he was U of L at the time. Hard facts but reality. Time to move on as a University.
McGee screwed us but I think we shouldn’t have self imposed. I firmly believe it didn’t do us any good.

Reactions: Deeva

What would be your legal basis to “take them to court”?

McGee screwed us but I think we shouldn’t have self imposed. I firmly believe it didn’t do us any good.
Didn’t do enough is my belief.

None of us know the whole story yet. Imagine this scenario, we bring in Smrt and going through his investigation, he finds that players and recruits did participate. He knows we are in trouble. Do you honestly believe he’s going to tell Jurich, hey the only action the NCAA is going to respect is you need to fire Pitino. I don’t think Jurich would have gone along with that. So what’s the next logical step? Propose a self ban and see if they accept that.

Last edited:
Like I said before sue the NCAA and use UNC as our scapegoat. How can they get out of trouble and other schools can't? Oh that's right Mark Emmert the NCAA President is a graduate of UNC.

Reactions: TopCatCal
Like I said before sue the NCAA and use UNC as our scapegoat. How can they get out of trouble and other schools can't? Oh that's right Mark Emmert the NCAA President is a graduate of UNC.

He actually is a graduate of the University of Washington and PhD from Syracuse.

I stand corrected I thought he was a UNC grad. However, they should still use the UNC pass to our advantage.

Dan is a hater and always wants his name out there, don't believe anything till it is public from the University. This little man is just like his boss Bobby the bully Knight!

I'm a UK fan and I agree with you 100%. You guys (UofL) are being stripped of an NCAA championship & a 2012 Final 4, and for what? For whores in the dorm. In no way does the punishment fit the crime. When it comes to breaking NCAA rules, I always ask myself. Did this school gain an unfair advantage by doing this? In this case the answer is, NO. Did you gain an unfair recruiting advantage by whores in the dorm? No, if anything as ugly as these whores were it ran recruits off. Did it help keep your players academically eligible? Of course not..... Now compare that to what went on at UNCheats for over 20 years. They had the WORST academic scandal in the history of college athletics going on. Did UNC gain an unfair advantage by doing this? YES, HELL YES. It kept some players eligible that would not have been eligible other wise...... So this UK fan is with you on this. SUE THE HELL OUT OF THE NCAA!!!!!!!

Reactions: Smithereen
I'm a UK fan and I agree with you 100%. You guys (UofL) are being stripped of an NCAA championship & a 2012 Final 4, and for what? For whores in the dorm. In no way does the punishment fit the crime. When it comes to breaking NCAA rules, I always ask myself. Did this school gain an unfair advantage by doing this? In this case the answer is, NO. Did you gain an unfair recruiting advantage by whores in the dorm? No, if anything as ugly as these whores were it ran recruits off. Did it help keep your players academically eligible? Of course not..... Now compare that to what went on at UNCheats for over 20 years. They had the WORST academic scandal in the history of college athletics going on. Did UNC gain an unfair advantage by doing this? YES, HELL YES. It kept some players eligible that would not have been eligible other wise...... So this UK fan is with you on this. SUE THE HELL OUT OF THE NCAA!!!!!!!
Sheesh, the two issues are totally different and the measure is did they gain, or attempt to gain an advantage.

In all seriousness, if you are able to ignore the ugliness of it (which I struggle to do, underage ho's for underage bros AND THEIR FREAKING DADS - yuck), there is some truth here. Ok, ugly nasty ho's, but I doubt these recruits thought much about it other than these women were not up to the standard to which they were used to. These are elite recruits, and women show up to party and start taking their clothes off? So, okay, ho's - but just another random Tuesday night (or Thursday afternoon, whatever) in their world.

The problems are these things happened in a university facility that was supposedly monitored by some type of security. Under the auspice of a university employee. Over FOUR years.

Couple nights out on the town every year likely would have been given a wink and a few shakes of the head.

The time and the place are the choking points in this one.

As far as "bad" it pales to nothing compared to Penn State or Baylor.
Or now Michigan State.
As far as punishment.....North Carolina got none for admitting it used fraudulent classes for twenty years.
In those perspectives, UofL should go unpunished.

BigBlueFanGa, so you think UNC didn't gain an advantage by having fake classes set up for athletes for 20 years, as you would say Sheesh. Now Louisville had a prostitute come to campus with her 2 underage daughters who the ho was supposed to McGhee's girlfriend.

There was supposedly 20 parties over a 2 year period with approximately 12 people at each party. That would mean there was less than one party of 12 people every month on a college campus. It surprises me that you or anybody else would find this as suspicious activity on a college campus. Did you go to college?

Reactions: Deeva
BigBlueFanGa, so you think UNC didn't gain an advantage by having fake classes set up for athletes for 20 years, as you would say Sheesh. Now Louisville had a prostitute come to campus with her 2 underage daughters who the ho was supposed to McGhee's girlfriend.

There was supposedly 20 parties over a 2 year period with approximately 12 people at each party. That would mean there was less than one party of 12 people every month on a college campus. It surprises me that you or anybody else would find this as suspicious activity on a college campus. Did you go to college?
I went to WKU and at the time we were on Playboys list of party schools but I sure as hell don’t remember no ho’s and strippers being brought in. If we wanted that kind of action, we had to go Nashville. Black Cat Alley or something like that. Of course there were several places to go in Louisville downtown or Seventh Street.

Sure they gained an advantage and very cleverly exploited a loophole but the situations are very different. I wish UNC had gotten the death penalty. Its what they deserved. I graduated from UK. The number of parties wasn't a primary issue, I don't believe.

Or...
People with no ID being let into a university building that supposedly had security as you say 20times over a couple year period.
While recruits were visiting. And I imagine none of those happened over summer break or Christmas break, and since it was recruits it couldn't have been in the dead periods.
I would say it wasn't completely unknown.

Or...
People with no ID being let into a university building that supposedly had security as you say 20times over a couple year period.
While recruits were visiting. And I imagine none of those happened over summer break or Christmas break, and since it was recruits it couldn't have been in the dead periods.
I would say it wasn't completely unknown.
Do you honestly believe that those skanks got anyone to come here? I believe that it drove them away, if we were getting really high rated players then I’d feel differently. What went on was WRONG, but it didn’t get us players, it probably cost us Blakeney and Lyles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT