ADVERTISEMENT

If ANY UofL fan has a banking relationship with . . .

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
Central Bank (of Lexington) then change banks IMMEDIATELY! The dumb ass president of that bank just paid 600k for the country ham at the KSF and then had the nads to donate all of the money to uahkay/cayut athletics and academics saying that the bank has a "close" (I'm paraphrasing) relationship with the school as it is the "flagship" of the Commonwealth. Hey stupid the University of Louisville is the FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY OF Metro Louisville AND the economic engine for the ENTIRE state. Plus if it weren't for our tax dollars being sent to Lexington/Frankfort uahkay would have to file for bankruptcy. o_O:rolleyes:

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Central Bank (of Lexington) then change banks IMMEDIATELY! The dumb ass president of that bank just paid 600k for the country ham at the KSF and then had the nads to donate all of the money to uahkay/cayut athletics and academics saying that the bank has a "close" (I'm paraphrasing) relationship with the school as it is the "flagship" of the Commonwealth. Hey stupid the University of Louisville is the FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY OF Metro Louisville AND the economic engine for the ENTIRE state. Plus if it weren't for our tax dollars being sent to Lexington/Frankfort uahkay would have to file for bankruptcy. o_O:rolleyes:

Here's a list of their sponsorships and partnerships. Some noble causes there, yet, the loot goes to UK athletics. I can picture their new motto- Central Bank, the bank with(out) a heart.

• American Heart Association – Heart Ball
  • American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
  • Big Brothers, Big Sisters
  • Bluegrass State Games
  • Children’s Charities of the Bluegrass
  • Community Action Council
  • Commerce Lexington
  • Downtown Lexington Corporation
  • Everfi Financial Literacy Program
  • Gatton College of Business & Economics – University of Kentucky
  • God’s Pantry – Taste of the Bluegrass
  • Greater Louisville Inc.
  • Habitat for Humanity
  • Hospice of the Bluegrass
  • Junior Achievement
  • Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
  • Kincaid Foundation Scholarship
  • Kentucky Blood Center
  • Kentucky Children’s Hospital
  • Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
  • LexArts
  • Project REACH – Affordable Housing
  • Ronald McDonald House
  • Sanders Brown Center on Aging
  • University of Kentucky Athletics
  • University of Kentucky Healthcare
  • Urban League
  • YMCA Black Achievers

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!!
God Bless America!!!

I don't quite understand--if he used the money to buy the ham, how could he turn around and donate the same money? Not arguing, just don't see how that works.

The money paid for the "ham" will be donated to the charity of the buyer's choice. He made his choice and now I'm seriously doubting that uahkay is a "charity" since they get far, far more money from the tax coffers than any other state owned institution. Plus the state does insist on raping Jefferson County/Metro Louisville of our tax dollars. Central Bank is NOT a Louisville business and I'm encouraging University of Louisville fans to support locally owned banks such as Stock Yards, Republic and Commonwealth among others. That way we can assure that those folks will support institutions headquartered here in Metro Louisville. If you think out of state or out of Jefferson County financial institutions "leave" money behind to support local business then you believe pigs will be flying by noon today. Also, do you think those institutions that employ locals allow that employee to take their "pay checks" to another bank? Just my own opinion. Plus the University of Louisville is the "FLAGSHIP University" for Metro Louisville AND IS THE ECONOMIC ENGINE FOR THE ENTIRE COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY. I'm hoping that my fellow UofL fans remember this little fact.

600K is a lot of coin. A lot more than was paid for Whitaker Bank Shots.

Here's a list of their sponsorships and partnerships. Some noble causes there, yet, the loot goes to UK athletics. I can picture their new motto- Central Bank, the bank with(out) a heart.

• American Heart Association – Heart Ball
  • American Cancer Society – Relay for Life
  • Big Brothers, Big Sisters
  • Bluegrass State Games
  • Children’s Charities of the Bluegrass
  • Community Action Council
  • Commerce Lexington
  • Downtown Lexington Corporation
  • Everfi Financial Literacy Program
  • Gatton College of Business & Economics – University of Kentucky
  • God’s Pantry – Taste of the Bluegrass
  • Greater Louisville Inc.
  • Habitat for Humanity
  • Hospice of the Bluegrass
  • Junior Achievement
  • Kentucky Chamber of Commerce
  • Kincaid Foundation Scholarship
  • Kentucky Blood Center
  • Kentucky Children’s Hospital
  • Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
  • LexArts
  • Project REACH – Affordable Housing
  • Ronald McDonald House
  • Sanders Brown Center on Aging
  • University of Kentucky Athletics
  • University of Kentucky Healthcare
  • Urban League
  • YMCA Black Achievers
Thanks for the list guys. I think our best bet is to boycott all of these if we really want to make an impact. If Junior Achievement comes to your kids school, don't let them participate. If Big Brother, Big Sisters or the Cancer Society etc come looking for donations, tell them where to stick it. I have no use for companies that just funnel money back to Yewkay like they are the only flagship school in the state. UofL is a bigger better campus and in a city that drives the entire state. Until this stuff changes, I will not be a part of this.

Thanks for the list guys. I think our best bet is to boycott all of these if we really want to make an impact. If Junior Achievement comes to your kids school, don't let them participate. If Big Brother, Big Sisters or the Cancer Society etc come looking for donations, tell them where to stick it. I have no use for companies that just funnel money back to Yewkay like they are the only flagship school in the state. UofL is a bigger better campus and in a city that drives the entire state. Until this stuff changes, I will not be a part of this.
I don't think THEY were the problem.

They are places the bank has helped in the past, but this time they gave $600k to uk INSTEAD of one of those institutions.

At lest that's how I read it. Maybe I'm wrong...?

Reactions: gocds

Boycott Junior Achievement, American Cancer Society? Lol. This post was a joke, right?

Reactions: gobigblue812
Boycott Junior Achievement, American Cancer Society? Lol. This post was a joke, right?

I hope so. The issue isn't any of those well deserving groups but, rather, the president of Central Bank creating uahkay athletics/academics as a "deserving" charity when each one of us realizes that this so called "flagship" university gets FAR MORE money than any other school in the state. In addition, this fool comes into Jefferson County/Metro Louisville and throws this crappola in our faces.

I think he was saying that the bank president boycotted those charities when donated to CoachCal.com

Not how I read his awkward post. He is the quote: "If Junior Achievement comes to your kids school, don't let them participate. If Big Brother, Big Sisters or the Cancer Society etc come looking for donations, tell them where to stick it."

Got it thanks.

The money paid for the "ham" will be donated to the charity of the buyer's choice. He made his choice and now I'm seriously doubting that uahkay is a "charity" since they get far, far more money from the tax coffers than any other state owned institution. Plus the state does insist on raping Jefferson County/Metro Louisville of our tax dollars. Central Bank is NOT a Louisville business and I'm encouraging University of Louisville fans to support locally owned banks such as Stock Yards, Republic and Commonwealth among others. That way we can assure that those folks will support institutions headquartered here in Metro Louisville. If you think out of state or out of Jefferson County financial institutions "leave" money behind to support local business then you believe pigs will be flying by noon today. Also, do you think those institutions that employ locals allow that employee to take their "pay checks" to another bank? Just my own opinion. Plus the University of Louisville is the "FLAGSHIP University" for Metro Louisville AND IS THE ECONOMIC ENGINE FOR THE ENTIRE COMMONWEALTH OF KENTUCKY. I'm hoping that my fellow UofL fans remember this little fact.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT