ADVERTISEMENT

"I will be a part of Purdue's future"

BOILERBOY

No-Ranking Prospect
Aug 14, 2001
" I want Louisville to do whats best for them. I'm a fan. Right now I'm the coach at Purdue.Looking forward to being at Purdue..the leadership has shown a vision" PURDUE COACH JEFF BROHM

Rondale Moore: "coach said not to worry at all about Louisville and all the speculation" in after game address to team"

Now Bosich, and Dakich backtracking saying 100% Brohm stays...

Please send KerryRhoads over to our board to explain why ....because its Louisville and CJB is STILL coming ..Thank You for participating..good luck in your search

" I want Louisville to do whats best for them. I'm a fan. Right now I'm the coach at Purdue.Looking forward to being at Purdue..the leadership has shown a vision" PURDUE COACH JEFF BROHM

Rondale Moore: "coach said not to worry at all about Louisville and all the speculation" in after game address to team"

Now Bosich, and Dakich backtracking saying 100% Brohm stays...

Please send KerryRhoads over to our board to explain why ....because its Louisville and CJB is STILL coming ..Thank You for participating..good luck in your search
Optimal words being Right now...

Reactions: Boiler4life92
Hey OP,
He has to be OFFICIALLY OFFERED by UofL.

You guys are new to this because no one ever WANTED your coaches before.

Just like Brohm said he was staying at WKU.

Brohm will be the next coach at the University of Louisville.

Hey OP,
He has to be OFFICIALLY OFFERED by UofL.

You guys are new to this because no one ever WANTED your coaches before.

Just like Brohm said he was staying at WKU.

Brohm will be the next coach at the University of Louisville.

Yeah because you can compare staying at WKU to staying at Purdue. Oh wait...

Reactions: Tailgater#1
Per Rick Bozich:

One final item before @TomLaneWDRB and I make the trip home. I asked Purdue AD Mike Bobinski if Louisville had asked for permission to speak with @JeffBrohm. "No," Bobinski said.

Apparently no "official" contact has been made yet.
Therefore, nobody can claim Brohm was distracted by having to
consider a Louisville offer during the regular season, and nobody
can claim Tyra didn't allow Brohm to finish the regular season before
making official contact. Sounds like both side are handling things
appropriately through the proper channels...despite Dackich's public
speculation.

Per Rick Bozich:

One final item before @TomLaneWDRB and I make the trip home. I asked Purdue AD Mike Bobinski if Louisville had asked for permission to speak with @JeffBrohm. "No," Bobinski said.

Apparently no "official" contact has been made yet.
Therefore, nobody can claim Brohm was distracted by having to
consider a Louisville offer during the regular season, and nobody
can claim Tyra didn't allow Brohm to finish the regular season before
making official contact. Sounds like both side are handling things
appropriately through the proper channels...despite Dackich's public
speculation.
There is a right way and a wrong way to do business. It sure sounds like Tyra is doing things the right way. The man is starting to grow on me.

Go CARDS!!!

It's not entirely about money. If Brohm was from Iowa you would have nothing to worry about. Right now, Louisville football has a lot of work to do to salvage what Petrino did.

It only makes sense that a local boy, still trying to make it big, would jump at the opportunity to be the coach who turned around the program he's so much a part of.

That is the only thing that Purdue fans should be concerned with. Brohm has not exactly killed it in his two years at Purdue. He has to decide which program he wants to bring back. Personally, as a Cards fan, I'm pessimistic as nothing has been going our way in football and hoops.

But if I were a Purdue fan, I would think it a miracle if Brohm stayed.

It's not entirely about money. If Brohm was from Iowa you would have nothing to worry about. Right now, Louisville football has a lot of work to do to salvage what Petrino did.

It only makes sense that a local boy, still trying to make it big, would jump at the opportunity to be the coach who turned around the program he's so much a part of.

That is the only thing that Purdue fans should be concerned with. Brohm has not exactly killed it in his two years at Purdue. He has to decide which program he wants to bring back. Personally, as a Cards fan, I'm pessimistic as nothing has been going our way in football and hoops.

Compared to Hazell he did kill it, he is still working with Hazell recruits and has us going to a 2nd bowl game which is remarkable. Nobody thought we would reach a bowl last year, and even less so this year with our schedule difficulty. The turnaround is already complete, he has a top 25 recruiting class coming in so 2019 will arguably be the actual breakout year. I would consider it a miracle for you guys if he left the situation he is in now. Especially since you have players arguing with coaches after being ejected, total lack of self control/discipline and your program will need years to recover. The Petrino effect, it will be tough to change the culture. Hazell wasn't a bad person like Petrino, just a bad coach. You literally need to clean house top to bottom in the football program.

Wherever he is in three years, I just hope said fan base is still in love with him.

We NEVER expected Petrino to tank

27 hrs and counting ....has the Brohm furniture moving van pulled up to his house in the "VILLE?

Clock doesnt start ticking until he is offered. Dont know if that took place today or tomorrow but it will happen. After that its up to him.

You guys hired Chris Mack and hes been killing it in recruiting lately so Id say at least some things are going Louisvilles way in Hoops.

Reactions: PushupMan
Compared to Hazell he did kill it, he is still working with Hazell recruits and has us going to a 2nd bowl game which is remarkable. Nobody thought we would reach a bowl last year, and even less so this year with our schedule difficulty. The turnaround is already complete, he has a top 25 recruiting class coming in so 2019 will arguably be the actual breakout year. I would consider it a miracle for you guys if he left the situation he is in now. Especially since you have players arguing with coaches after being ejected, total lack of self control/discipline and your program will need years to recover. The Petrino effect, it will be tough to change the culture. Hazell wasn't a bad person like Petrino, just a bad coach. You literally need to clean house top to bottom in the football program.
So you are saying the Louisville players are bad people and have to go just because Petrino was a prick so they ost faith and quit playing for him? There is some talent on the roster and it's mostly in the Freshman and Sophomore classes.

That is because you know nothing about the competition and overlook the fact Jeff has not lived
In Louisville in ten years and he and his family have been welcomed and embraced as neighbors and friends for the last two years. The toughest thing to do with kids at home is uproot and especially when it is not a required move like a corporate transfer. In the last 75 years you can count football coaches who have voluntarily left a Big Ten school to cosch elsewhere on one hand and have fingers leftover.

That is because you know nothing about the competition and overlook the fact Jeff has not lived
In Louisville in ten years and he and his family have been welcomed and embraced as neighbors and friends for the last two years. The toughest thing to do with kids at home is uproot and especially when it is not a required move like a corporate transfer. In the last 75 years you can count football coaches who have voluntarily left a Big Ten school to cosch elsewhere on one hand and have fingers leftover.
Just click your heels 3 times and repeat. "There is no place like home." Not many people turn down a gig with Saban to stay at a Big East school.

Reactions: Bank Cat
I have heard enough coachspeak to know that no Boiler fan should feel secure until some other guy is standing at the introductory press conference.

Brohm didn't need the "right now" qualifier, so why did he use it? If I'm Purdue Fan, that concerns me greatly. Maybe he didn't consciously use it, maybe he did. Either way, it's bad news for Purdue because it means he's not thinking long term at the moment. Once he does, it's UofL.

The longer we wait, the less likely it is that Brohm will come to Louisville. If we don't hear anything today, I doubt it will happen.

Reactions: CardVille
As an outsider I tried to look at this as objectively as possible.

This really isn't complicated. The two jobs are basically the same. pluses and minuses at both.

Can I win "here"

At Purdue, right now you have as good a shot as anybody to win the division in one of the top 3 toughest conferences in america. That's a big deal.

At UofL you are looking up at the entire division and you likely see as Clemson and FSU as teams you're going to struggle to beat.

I'd give the advantage to Purdue in this category.

"Where can I get talent"

I actually think both jobs are tough in this regard. At Purdue you're fighting Notre Dame and IU for recruits in state. Chicago, while a huge metro doesn't have a ton of talent.

At UofL you are in a state that doesn't produce much talent and you are in a city that doesn't produce much either. Since UofL joined a major conferrer they have won with players from Florida. Brohm has to ask himself if he can get the level of guys he needs to get to have a chance to beat Clemson and FSU. Since Jeff is from Louisville he doesn't really have another natural "recruiting base" other than Louisville.

But at Purdue he has a natrual recruiting base in KY and has his own backyard to compete in to. This is something I don't think many folks are looking at.

This is how stoops has won at UK. He has a natural recruiting base outside of kentucky. It's how Strong won at UofL. he had strong florida ties.

Advantage - wash/purdue...

But that the end of the day the question is this... Does Jeff want to go home. Is it really his "dream" job? And is the time right?

Let's assume his family wants to go/is willing to go.

If I was jeff I'd ask myself one question. "Am i willing to put myself in a position to have to tell UofL goodbye if one of the top 10 jobs in the country comes open? That's the part that nobody knows the answer to. If he doesn't care about ever coaching at USC, Texas, FSU, Notre Dame etc... Then he will leave and "come home". But if he has his eyes on a "huge" job then he probably delays that by 5-10 years. The rebuild at uofL is going to be MUCH MUCH MUCH harder and longer than the Purdue rebuild. Don't be fooled. Jeff brohm inherited a much better roster at Purude who had just won 13 games the previous two years. He had a qb and depth. At UofL he inherits an undisciplined and bad roster with limited options at qb. An offensive line that loses 3 starters off of the worst unit in major college football. he inherits the worst UofL defense in history.

That's what makes this so simple. For anybody other than Jeff Brohm, there is no way in hell they leave purdue. So the question is. Is this truly his dream?

This really isn't complicated. The two jobs are basically the same. pluses and minuses at both.

Can I win "here"

At Purdue, right now you have as good a shot as anybody to win the division in one of the top 3 toughest conferences in america. That's a big deal.

At UofL you are looking up at the entire division and you likely see as Clemson and FSU as teams you're going to struggle to beat.

"Where can I get talent"

I actually think both jobs are tough in this regard. At Purdue you're fighting Notre Dame and IU for recruits in state. Chicago, while a huge metro doesn't have a ton of talent.

At UofL you are in a state that doesn't produce much talent and you are in a city that doesn't produce much either. Since UofL joined a major conferrer they have won with players from Florida. Brohm has to ask himself if he can get the level of guys he needs to get to have a chance to beat Clemson and FSU. Since Jeff is from Louisville he doesn't really have another natural "recruiting base" other than Louisville.

But at Purdue he has a natrual recruiting base in KY and has his own backyard to compete in to. This is something I don't think many folks are looking at.

This is how stoops has won at UK. He has a natural recruiting base outside of kentucky. It's how Strong won at UofL. he had strong florida ties.

But that the end of the day the question is this... Does Jeff want to go home. Is it really his "dream" job? And is the time right?

If I was jeff I'd ask myself one question. "Am i willing to put myself in a position to have to tell UofL goodbye if one of the top 10 jobs in the country comes open? That's the part that nobody knows the answer to. If he doesn't care about ever coaching at USC, Texas, FSU, Notre Dame etc... Then he will leave and "come home". But if he has his eyes on a "huge" job then he probably delays that by 5-10 years. The rebuild at uofL is going to be MUCH MUCH MUCH harder and longer than the Purdue rebuild. Don't be fooled. Jeff brohm inherited a much better roster at Purude who had just won 13 games the previous two years. He had a qb and depth. At UofL he inherits an undisciplined and bad roster with limited options at qb. An offensive line that loses 3 starters off of the worst unit in major college football. he inherits the worst UofL defense in history.

That's what makes this so simple. For anybody other than Jeff Brohm, there is no way in hell they leave purdue. So the question is. Is this truly his dream?
LoL! Thanks.
Now...can we get an IU fan to come educate us with his view of the pros and cons of the situation. SMH. :rolleyes:

Can I win "here"

"Where can I get talent"

As an outsider, I tried to look at this as objectively as possible - which team - purdoo or the yuts - is the bigger welfare queen?

Reactions: Cue Card

Can I win "here"

"Where can I get talent"

I see where your coming from with a lot of your post, but don’t even say Purdue is an easier rebuild than louisville. The last 3 years Louisville has been recruiting top 35 classes. Purdue has been in the high 60’s and low 70’s. Yes, we had 2 decent options at QB. A majority of our starting lineup this year consisted of low 3 stars, 2 stars, and walkons. No depth on O/D lines. We’ve had to bring in grad transfers at multiple positions. Hazell’s recruiting classes for Purdue were last or second to last in the B1G during his coaching tenure. Louisville is in a lot better shape based on talent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see where your coming from with a lot of your post, but don’t even say Purdue is an easier rebuild than louisville. The last 3 years Louisville has been recruiting top 35 classes. Purdue has been in the high 60’s and low 70’s. Yes, we had 2 decent options at QB. A majority of our starting lineup this year consisted of low 3 stars, 2 stars, and walkons. No depth on O/D lines. We’ve had to bring in grad transfers at multiple positions. Hazell’s recruiting classes for Purdue were last or second to last in the B1G during his coaching tenure. Louisville is in a lot better shape based on talent. The only problem is they’re undisciplined and classless like the rest of the Louisville program is.

So you just proved my point. It's obviously easier to win at purdue. the coach before Brohm had the exact same record in his last two years as brohm in his first two. And now Brohm is recruiting better than he did.

Your recruiting rankings may have been better but class balance and positional strength is shameful. It will take 3 years to field a decent offensive line. The defensive line is also in deep trouble and will take 3 years to re-build.

Brohm took over a veteran group with a very good qb at purdue. At UofL he takes over a very young group with a mess of a roster. The re-build is significantly tougher at uofl. A. Because of the roster. B. Because of the teams you have to play every year.

But none of that matters. Brohm is making this decision based on what he wants to do... Not on what the "re-build" looks like or the money.

Reactions: Mclovin-
Not as different as you’d like to think.

Really? Please, tell me about the time Western Kentucky beat USC in the Rose Bowl. Or the time that a guy breaking NFL career passing records was a heisman runner up at WKU? Or the time WKU routed the #2 team in the nation ?

Reactions: Boilpotato
Really? Please, tell me about the time Western Kentucky beat USC in the Rose Bowl. Or the time that a guy breaking NFL career passing records was a heisman runner up at WKU? Or the time WKU routed the #2 team in the nation ?
Are you seriously talking about the 1967 Rose Bowl? The one that you beat UNRANKED USC?? You can’t really be touting a Heisman RUNNER UP - could you?? Wow, I mean just wow.

Besides, I was talking recent history. In recent history - minus all those welfare dollars purdoo has gotten for being everyone’s homecoming opponent - WKU has had better teams. It’s not even close.

Are you seriously talking about the 1967 Rose Bowl? The one that you beat UNRANKED USC?? You can’t really be touting a Heisman RUNNER UP - could you?? Wow, I mean just wow.

Besides, I was talking recent history. In recent history - minus all those welfare dollars purdoo has gotten for being everyone’s homecoming opponent - WKU has had better teams. It’s not even close.

I’m going to be talking about rose bowls since Brohm is staying? What do you think of that?

Reactions: Bank Cat

Good luck with your on going search

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT