ADVERTISEMENT

I was wrong

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
And I never felt better about it!

I know technically I said if UofL beats UK easily I'd make this thread but a win is a win.

Go Cards!

Reactions: luv2hit63
And I never felt better about it!

I know technically I said 9f UofL beats UK easily I'd make this thread but a win is a win.

Go Cards!
WE that felt that way should not feel guilt nor bad . Hell the numbers bare those thoughts out it has been what it is we hadrly ever won. Some people are always going to think they are going to win regardless that's just life. WE won and no need to second guess ourselves.

Reactions: shadow force
I am with you force. I predicted John’s team by 9. With Malik out and the way the ball bounced in the past, was not going to buy in that Mack and crew would beat them. Soooooooooo glad to be posting this. “L’s” up!

Last edited:
This win is nothing to brag about or gloat or go to Ruff Rafters and talk trash. We just beat a 1-6 team, yeehaw.
By golly I'll brag and gloat about it all I want. Its a win over the slapdicks and I'll take it anyway I can get it.

In the grand scheme of things this win doesn't do us a lot of good but it sure as hell damaged the slappies and that in of its self makes it a sweet win..

I listened to Mack’s post game interview with the media and he said we didn’t play well. He said we have a long way to go before we are a good team. If we can get Williams and Minnland back that would help a lot.

It feels good beating UK, I don’t care the sport or circumstances. It was a much needed basketball win, however. That said, what I saw today was a not very good team barely beat a slightly worse team. Again, I’m happy for the win. Let’s get healthy and start getting better.
I think the COVID pause hurt our progression. Dre hasn’t snapped back yet. And our shooting overall hasn’t come back, it will. On the other hand SuCk never had an 18 day pause they truly do SuCk.

Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
That is pretty much where I am at. I am more relieved that we didn't lose than happy that we won. I also admit being surprised. This win is nothing to brag about or gloat or go to Ruff Rafters and talk trash. We just beat a 1-6 team, yeehaw.
HMM they didn't have any problems running over to the Card forums bragging about beating a 2-10 fb team. That everyone had been dragging all year. Never heard of fans not feeling good about beating a rival team. Especially when you hardly ever beat them . Geez it has gotten so bad our fanbase is split now on how we would perform. We are at a point with yell we going to win or we going too lose again mentality. And you can't fault that thinking because the numbers back it up.

Reactions: Knucklehank1
I think the COVID pause hurt our progression. Dre hasn’t snapped back yet. And our shooting overall hasn’t come back, it will. On the other hand SuCk never had an 18 day pause they truly do SuCk.

We really don't know if some of our young men were kicked to their knees with Covid. It's really none of our business if they were. Some folks like to say, well everyone has been effected and everything is just excuses. I don't agree because we don't know. I've read too many personal stories of young athletic types that have been kicked to their knees and are still suffering from symptoms months after the original illness is supposedly gone. There is a term called Long Covid.

Reactions: Mayoman
HMM they didn't have any problems running over to the Card forums bragging about beating a 2-10 fb team. That everyone had been dragging all year. Never heard of fans not feeling good about beating a rival team. Especially when you hardly ever beat them . Geez it has gotten so bad our fanbase is split now on how we would perform. We are at a point with yell we going to win or we going too lose again mentality. And you can't fault that thinking because the numbers back it up.
Easy explanation here. Their fans are losers and our fans have a better grasp of context.

I think you should go back and re-read my post.

Reactions: RomanOben
We really don't know if some of our young men were kicked to their knees with Covid. It's really none of our business if they were. Some folks like to say, well everyone has been effected and everything is just excuses. I don't agree because we don't know. I've read too many personal stories of young athletic types that have been kicked to their knees and are still suffering from symptoms months after the original illness is supposedly gone. There is a term called Long Covid.
I could careless who had it. My point was they didn’t practice as a squad for over 15 days or some individuals were out 14 days. That’s not an excuse it’s reality. It can take some time especially for freshman to get back in swing of things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman and PHCARD
There is a term called Long Covid.
That is what my wife has. It went to double pneumonia.

Tested positive Dec 5 and Dr said yesterday she’s looking at another month, at least, for her lungs to clear up.

At least she’s home and mobile to a degree.

That is what my wife has. It went to double pneumonia.

Tested positive Dec 5 and Dr said yesterday she’s looking at another month, at least, for her lungs to clear up.

At least she’s home and mobile to a degree.
Sorry to hear that RC. Hope she gets well soon. To date my 80 year old parents have had it and recovered. My son and daughter-in-law are fighting it right now. For some it’s nasty and severe and for others it’s little more than a bad cold. Weird virus.

Sorry to hear that RC. Hope she gets well soon. To date my 80 year old parents have had it and recovered. My son and daughter-in-law are fighting it right now. For some it’s nasty and severe and for others it’s little more than a bad cold. Weird virus.
I had it first and have had worse colds. 3-4 days and I was fine.

ADVERTISEMENT