ADVERTISEMENT

I reiter.......awww screw it.

Same thing I posted the night of September 16, 2017 and I was hoping to Hell I was wrong.

I appreciate all that BP and his family has done here. End of story.

Reactions: wilkie01
Coming off a bye week.

WF was held scoreless in the 4th.
But put up 56 in just 3 quarters :mad:

Good thing Dabo is a good guy. Otherwise they might hang 100 on us next week.

Clemson- 59
Florida St.- 3

With a whole quarter to play in Tallahassee

Good thing Dabo is a good guy. Otherwise they might hang 100 on us next week.

Clemson- 59
Florida St.- 3

With a whole quarter to play in Tallahassee

Dabo and Co. Will be bored after theyre up 35-0 after the 1st quarter.

Clemson will beat the Cards 49-0

Dabo and Co. Will be bored after theyre up 35-0 after the 1st quarter.

Clemson will beat the Cards 49-0
A ‘Cooperian’ accomplishment is coming next week.... 6th straight loss.

Even the ‘Kragthorpian’ era never visited that territory.

Unless I'm mistaken, Petrino's buyout is still $12-14 million. At least I haven't heard it went down this week. One thing I did just hear is that we're running at least $10 million under budget on ticket sales (incl. basketball).

Put Brohm's $4 million buyout in there, and you're approaching $30 million that we have to come up with this year from other places. Did a billionaire I haven't heard about just step forward?...

Unless I'm mistaken, Petrino's buyout is still $12-14 million. At least I haven't heard it went down this week. One thing I did just hear is that we're running at least $10 million under budget on ticket sales (incl. basketball).

Put Brohm's $4 million buyout in there, and you're approaching $30 million that we have to come up with this year from other places. Did a billionaire I haven't heard about just step forward?...
How much more do you predict ticket sales will decline next year if Petrino stays?

This guy LoL.......

Reactions: GoldCard
How much more do you predict ticket sales will decline next year if Petrino stays?
How much have basketball ticket sales declined with Mack? (HINT: the current numbers reflect that...)

Tyra's got himself one whale of a problem, and he sure knows how to burn thru money. I'm simply not sure spending even more of it fixes things...

How much have basketball ticket sales declined with Mack? (HINT: the current numbers reflect that...)

Tyra's got himself one whale of a problem, and he sure knows how to burn thru money. I'm simply not sure spending even more of it fixes things...
I'm not unhappy with Mack at all. I believe ticket sales have been falling for the last few years. I gave my season tickets up several years ago and now attend selected games. It wasn't worth going paying for 20 plus games to get tickets for 3 good ones. I'm talking about how many people will choose not to renew football tickets if Petrino is back.

I'm not unhappy with Mack at all. I believe ticket sales have been falling for the last few years. I gave my season tickets up several years ago and now attend selected games. It wasn't worth going paying for 20 plus games to get tickets for 3 good ones...
Well, they weren't declining like they are now...

2019%20Ticket%20Sales_zpssj4khdx7.jpg

Gray bars are actual, green is budgeted, red is YTD.

...I'm talking about how many people will choose not to renew football tickets if Petrino is back.
I sorta am too... The answer to your question is TBD. But we have a glimpse at the basketball equivalent, Mack coming here to coach...

Not a finance guy but I would assume Tyra's intention would be to pay Petrino's money over numerous years and utilize the incoming ACC money to help with that.

Tyra does have a problem though because I think he obviously knows now more than ever that he absolutely can not go into next year with Petrino as his head coach. Fan apathy is lower now than I've ever seen it and football would be an absolute disaster next year if Petrino were retained. So my assumption would be that while the money might not be there that he's going to look at boosters as well as mortgage the future a little by banking on Jeff Brohm to be the answer to revitalize the program and get the football revenue back up so that they can pay Petrino's buyout.

Again, just an assumption but I would assume that basketball ticket sales are down simply because of bad press and just scandal exhaustion. Zipp is literally the only person I've ever seen thats not elated with Chris Mack. I would assume basketball ticket sales will rise the further we get away from the Pitino scandals and the more success Mack has on and off the court.

Not a finance guy but I would assume Tyra's intention would be to pay Petrino's money over numerous years and utilize the incoming ACC money to help with that.

Tyra does have a problem though because I think he obviously knows now more than ever that he absolutely can not go into next year with Petrino as his head coach. Fan apathy is lower now than I've ever seen it and football would be an absolute disaster next year if Petrino were retained. So my assumption would be that while the money might not be there that he's going to look at boosters as well as mortgage the future a little by banking on Jeff Brohm to be the answer to revitalize the program and get the football revenue back up so that they can pay Petrino's buyout.

Again, just an assumption but I would assume that basketball ticket sales are down simply because of bad press and just scandal exhaustion. Zipp is literally the only person I've ever seen thats not elated with Chris Mack. I would assume basketball ticket sales will rise the further we get away from the Pitino scandals and the more success Mack has on and off the court.
To clarify, I have no strong opinions about Mack either way. I hope he works out.

Petrino's contract as I read it can only be bought out with immediate (or nearly so) payment. U of L would have the option to pay his three years' salary equivalent in quarterly installments if they want to take the next year to pay gradually. That might matter a little as far as cash flow, but giving me 12 months to pay off a lot of money is still tough...

I would like to see each sport separately. To many variables to explain the data. Pitino didn't get fired until after last year's tickets weresold. Youhadthe Lamar factor in football etc. But I am a little surprised to see attendance hasn't fallen like the trend across colleges. The biggest factor is always going to be the quality of the product. Nobody really cares who your AD and coach our as long as they win.

Reactions: awf
In all seriousness, clearly something is off, I have no idea what it is or how to fix it. All I know is yelling FARRR THAT SOMMMBEECH isn't always the answer. If you FARR THAT SOMMBEECH you better be sure that Brohm is all but a formality and you better hope he is who you hope he is in a coach. Because if he isn't, the investment made in him will doom the ship for years to come.

Reactions: awf
In all seriousness, clearly something is off, I have no idea what it is or how to fix it. All I know is yelling FARRR THAT SOMMMBEECH isn't always the answer. If you FARR THAT SOMMBEECH you better be sure that Brohm is all but a formality and you better hope he is who you hope he is in a coach. Because if he isn't, the investment made in him will doom the ship for years to come.

Your farred post are getting as old as Petrino.

Brohm or no Brohm, Petrino will not be HC here next season.

I'm still torn. BP has done so much. Yes, this season is a waste, but I think he's earned 1 more season. If I'm Tyra I have back door conversations open with Brohm saying that he's giving CBP one more season. If it's not a good season you're our guy.

You are not blaming Mack for the decline in basketball ticket sales, are you? Your chart a couple of posts later clearly suggest that the decline resulted from scandal fatigue, scandals that happened under the previous coach's and AD's watch.

Reactions: earsky
  1. Kerry Rhodes‏Verified account@Kerry25Rhodes 2h2 hours ago

1. You shouldn’t continually get beat by the man in front of you one in one.. I want guys who will say enough is enough. With that being said you coach with that in mind and you have to absolutely demand that from them and if the more talented person isn’t giving you that (cont)
  2. 0 replies 2 retweets 8 likes

3. Thanks. Twitter will use this to make your timeline better. Undo
    Undo
  1. Play the game and understand normal things, where they should fit in the run game, where to drop in pass cov.. why they should block a certain way, why you run your routes a certain depth.. those things all matter. Also I want guys who want to win their individual battles(cont)
  2. 0 replies 0 retweets 3 likes

Undo
  1. Because we aren’t actually in the room with the team we really don’t know what’s really wrong. I do know that you always recruit talent! Having a gluttony of that is always a good problem. But just as Important is having (smart) players, ones who just know how to really (cont)
  2. 0 replies 2 retweets 6 likes

Undo
  1. Louisville defensive players have 0 awareness. It’s very weird to see guys just blatantly disregard assignments or just don’t care to. The scheme isn’t perfect all the time but a lot of the times it’s just players not executing. Wow

Basketball attendance was down 20% last year with Padgett. Those numbers are already booked. But the revenue corresponding to that decrease is still be reported, my guess in the next week or so. And U of L's outside accountants don't report football and basketball ticket revenue separately, so you won't know what each category is unless they separately report or footnote those items.

Tyra said late last fiscal year (Spring 18) that his department was close to budget. That doesn't speak to individual line items like basketball ticket revenue. This past Spring, Tyra budgeted basketball ticket revenue for 2019 to be down 20% compared to 2018. It's probably not a coincidence that decline matches up to the actual attendance decline last year. He probably was budgeting for flat attendance this coming year.

The problem is Tyra just reported this week that basketball ticket sales are 60% less than what he budgeted so far. Unless they get a helluva lot of walk up buyers, they're toast. And that decline flies in the face of hiring Chris Mack. Clearly there's a disconnect between what people here think should be happening and what is.

It also implies that replacing Petrino won't necessarily help football ticket sales. You can't know what would have happened if you didn't replace him. But a multimillion dollar decision will be justified on fan support, or at least the attempt will be made...

I will admit that misery loves company, so I'll go ahead and say that UK is losing to Misery 14-9 with 5 minutes remaining. So there's that. LOL. The Typical Back Half of the Season Collapse is on. Stupes should trademark that phrase, see if he can make some money off of it.

Reactions: ThroughBlue
You are not blaming Mack for the decline in basketball ticket sales, are you? Your chart a couple of posts later clearly suggest that the decline resulted from scandal fatigue, scandals that happened under the previous coach's and AD's watch.
I'm blaming someone or something. And just hiring Mack evidently ain't addressing the problem.

No one knows what the underlying causes are, but I have my theories as you do. It's probably not just one thing. But I don't talk to anyone who has supreme confidence in U of L management, and I think that's at the root of much of the ongoing issues. If you think about it, wouldn't new management generate more confidence and support if that management was perceived as better? Sure it would.

And macro trends like people wanna believe don't approach these declines. These are huge declines at U of L.

In the end, it doesn't matter the reason because it's U of L's problem to fix with the people in place now. A coach doesn't get a pass for his assistants or players--that's ultimately on him. The people we have now are simply watching Rome burn...

I will admit that misery loves company, so I'll go ahead and say that UK is losing to Misery 14-9 with 5 minutes remaining. So there's that. LOL. The Typical Back Half of the Season Collapse is on. Stupes should trademark that phrase, see if he can make some money off of it.

You better not have just jinxed it :mad::mad:

And they got an early Christmas present for the win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT