ADVERTISEMENT

I hate UK but dang...

A Card fan biatches about a thread Cat fans will “invade . . . .”

I come back with a response, as though a CO on a Higgin’s landing craft (like D-Day) . . . .

And warn the blue-clad invading men in my charge to ignore the bodies in the water adjacent to the 2nd Street Bridge (Cat fans like to joke about Cards flinging themselves off Jefferson County bridges, with losses) . . . .

And make snide reference to the Card’s ACC baseball loss as having caused the suicides.

Look, I’ll try to be more basic, in future attempts at humor.

Here we go:

A Rabbi, a Priest, a Baptist Minister and Coach Satterfield walk into a bar together. The bartender looks up and says, “this has got to be a fu&@ing joke!”

The Priest says, “no, actually, we’re just looking for the best fish sandwich in Louisville!”

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
A Card fan biatches about a thread Cat fans will “invade . . . .”

I come back with a response, as though a CO on a Higgin’s landing craft (like D-Day) . . . .

And warn the blue-clad invading men in my charge to ignore the bodies in the water adjacent to the 2nd Street Bridge (Cat fans like to joke about Cards flinging themselves off Jefferson County bridges, with losses) . . . .

And make snide reference to the Card’s ACC baseball loss as having caused the suicides.

Look, I’ll try to be more basic, in future attempts at humor.

Here we go:

A Rabbi, a Priest, a Baptist Minister and Coach Satterfield walk into a bar together. The bartender looks up and says, “this has got to be a fu&@ing joke!”

The Priest says, “no, actually, we’re just looking for the best fish sandwich in Louisville!”

Haha! You got me Sweetie! I’m so burned. :rolleyes:

Wake up?

He just inherited a 2-10 team. A team who was telling last years recruits to go elsewhere.

Give the guy a break. Everybody was giddy when “Cort” came back. Recruiting was going to rock we said. But 2-10 is a hard number to dance to.

I think these guys will be fine....once they show kids what they can do. W

BTW, when the wheels come off at uk, as they always do, they may not get any of those guys.
What are you talking about. Sont get ignorant people sometimes

Well UL was a pain when they were beating UK by 50. Anytime UK lost by 50 (and there were A LOT of games) was a pain to me. Perhaps I'm just more passionate about the game.
I’m thinking you’re a hell of a lot more knowledgeable about the game too....WOW talk about sour grapes. These guys are losing it like their team.... tsunami style..,

"What’s his position?
One reason Rogers was reportedly high on Kentucky was the Wildcats’ willingness to let him play defense. McCall found himself in a similar situation as a recruit and has thus far stuck at nose guard for the Wildcats.

Rogers is rated as an offensive guard by the recruiting services, but analysts have been high on his potential to play on either side of the ball. If the traditional powers become more open to Rogers playing defensive line as their 2020 classes are filled out, that might represent a threat to Kentucky’s hold on his commitment..."

LINK

I'm not interested in analyzing slapd!ck recruits. But this tells me how LPT landed his commitment and what legit football schools think about him...
Hate you hear you would turn him down...Alabama, Georgia both had him on an official. Bet they’ve had a lot of UL recruits in too this year though, huh.

Oh, and does every one of your posts have the word slapdick in it? Just askin.

Hate you hear you would turn him down...Alabama, Georgia both had him on an official. Bet they’ve had a lot of UL recruits in too this year though, huh.

I think I've used the word "slappy" a few thousand times, and I've got 40+ thousand posts. You do the math.

The kid committed to the school that would let him play where he wanted. He said as much...

I think I've used the word "slappy" a few thousand times, and I've got 40+ thousand posts. You do the math.

The kid committed to the school that would let him play where he wanted. He said as much...
Georgia offered as a defensive player...Alabama offered as a defensive player. But if it makes you feel better, ok

The question is why the partial word ‘dick’ got your full attention on this Louisville Board.:p:p:p:p<methinks that’s you.:eek:

Georgia offered as a defensive player...Alabama offered as a defensive player. But if it makes you feel better, ok
"If the traditional powers become more open to Rogers playing defensive line as their 2020 classes are filled out, that might represent a threat to Kentucky’s hold on his commitment..."

Last time I checked, Bama and UGA qualify as "traditional powers". Has nothing to do with how I feel...

Bro, I’ve loved the term slappy and slapdick and rolled when Bobby coined it but that connection creates the need to retire it.

We went from #owning them to them having to make mistakes to not hang 70 on us. SMMFH, that is on Bobby, bro. That’s on Bobby, he went from calling them slap dicks to us being slapped by their dicks on his watch.

"If the traditional powers become more open to Rogers playing defensive line as their 2020 classes are filled out, that might represent a threat to Kentucky’s hold on his commitment..."

Last time I checked, Bama and UGA qualify as "traditional powers". Has nothing to do with how I feel...
And your quote is from?

Bro, I’ve loved the term slappy and slapdick and rolled when Bobby coined it but that connection creates the need to retire it.

We went from #owning them to them having to make mistakes to not hang 70 on us. SMMFH, that is on Bobby, bro. That’s on Bobby, he went from calling them slap dicks to us being slapped by their dicks on his watch.
Louisville's Play Toy was during Bobby 1.0.

Neither are going anywhere...

Just wanted to let you guys know that I believe Cummings is not a take for the Kentucky staff now. There are 2 receiver positions open and there are 2 guys who are 4 stars and Cummings left and one of the 4 stars is about to Commit soon and the other is Michael Cummings, one of the top Athletes in Ohio. That’s good news for Card fans bc I know Cummings was on top of your board.
Now Kentucky may still take him idk tho.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I believe Cummings is not a take for the Kentucky staff now. There are 2 receiver positions open and there are 2 guys who are 4 stars and Cummings left and one of the 4 stars is about to Commit soon and the other is Michael Cummings, one of the top Athletes in Ohio. That’s good news for Card fans bc I know Cummings was on top of your board.
Now Kentucky may still take him idk tho.
Seeing it reported on UK’s 247 site that Cummings has verbaled to UK....

The biggest thing that will allow Satterfield to succeed is the administration standing behind him when things get tough. He has inherited a major rebuilding job and there will be plenty of tough times ahead. It takes time and they need to stand behind him and support him and let him put his system with his players in place. He is a high character guy that will get the job done.

Reactions: BlueRattie
Bros, I’m getting real tired of them coming into our City and stealing our kids. SMMFH, are these kids not coming to our campus and seeing what we got going on or just buying into the #trashcats bullshit?

If we quit feeding the trolls they will leave.

There is no football “talk” going on. Just “we’re doing better than you nah nah nah.......”

Let it go and they will go back to their circle jerk.

Reactions: CommodoreCard
NOW as I go back and read these post. uk has already lost two of the 4* recruits. And Michigan is lining up at this kid from Michigan's back door. Signing date isn't till Feb. It will never happen!!

Reactions: zipp
NOW as I go back and read these post. uk has already lost two of the 4* recruits. And Michigan is lining up at this kid from Michigan's back door. Signing date isn't till Feb. It will never happen!!
Kentucky lost 1 four star. A kid from Canada that they weren't really expecting to get. Also not sure which Michigan player you're referring to as Kentucky has absolutely raided that state for their best talent...for 2 years..

Hope like hell, and maybe pray bro!!
Only thing YOU can do, cause he ain’t coming to the ‘ville...

These guys over there in lextown have 1 DECENT year and all they can talk about is football. Lol, this will not last long, they’ll be back down in the dumps again. Haha

If Stoops was able to win with misfits and guys other P5 schools didnt want, you may be waiting for a while.

On the plus side, when Stoops came to UK, his classes weren't great either. It took years and years and half of the fan base calling for his job to right the ship.

I think UL fans assuming CSS would come in and turn the program around in a year are being completely ridiculous. In all honesty, it may take a losing season or three, but you wont know until he gets his players in his system...

And that will be a few years out.

If Stoops was able to win with misfits and guys other P5 schools didnt want, you may be waiting for a while.

On the plus side, when Stoops came to UK, his classes weren't great either. It took years and years and half of the fan base calling for his job to right the ship.

I think UL fans assuming CSS would come in and turn the program around in a year are being completely ridiculous. In all honesty, it may take a losing season or three, but you wont know until he gets his players in his system...

OR ... the 32 seniors and grad transfers and 24 juniors on the current roster could be much better under a coach who actually wants to be here than they were under Petrino. It’s possible that the rebuild could be much quicker than anyone thinks, especially UK fans who are hoping that it takes Satterfield at least as long as it did Stoops.

Things can change quickly, as evidenced in how we beat the crap out of Kentucky two years ago. You guys had a great season by y’all’s standards, but got a lot of breaks in doing so. Missouri got totally screwed by the refs against y’all, and a horrible Tennessee team beat the brakes off of you. Don’t be too cocky blue boy!

Reactions: CommodoreCard
College football is the most uneven of all the major sports. It is extremely difficult to compete with the blue bloods on a year in year out basis. The majority of high level guys are concentrated in a small number of teams.

That is the reality so that is why arguing over recruiting classes is pointless. UK has had better recruiting ranking than Louisville for years but it doesn't matter. The difference between their classes is extremely small even if UK is at 25 and Louisville is at 40 or vice versa. Some of those 4 stars never work out and some of those 2-3 stars become 4-5 stars by their Junior and Senior year. You never know.

The Oxydine kid from North isn't that good. He doesn't dominate the game at the high school level. The Watkins kid from Butler hasn't played much but he is a stud, really because he ran fast at a event. Minkins has one good camp and he is a stud. They all have the measurables and potential to be really good. There is no guarantees any of these kids are going to be good.

That is why identifying kids that fit your system and developing those kids is the key at Louisville and UK. Whoever does that better will be the better program.

Things can change quickly, as evidenced in how we beat the crap out of Kentucky two years ago. You guys had a great season by y’all’s standards, but got a lot of breaks in doing so. Missouri got totally screwed by the refs against y’all, and a horrible Tennessee team beat the brakes off of you. Don’t be too cocky blue boy!

I mean, you could argue everything under the sun. I could argue UK really only had no chance to win one game.

They were an OT and a bad game away from a one loss season.

Just saying, UL can definitely roll out a few wins in the ACC, but to expect an 8 or 9 win season is unrealistic. If it happens, thatd be great... the tickets I sell would be worth a little more.

OR ... the 32 seniors and grad transfers and 24 juniors on the current roster could be much better under a coach who actually wants to be here than they were under Petrino. It’s possible that the rebuild could be much quicker than anyone thinks, especially UK fans who are hoping that it takes Satterfield at least as long as it did Stoops.

I think this is a very good point. Satterfield is starting with better talent than Stoops had when he started. If coaching is there I believe they'll make the turn much quicker than it took at UK. I also believe that UK has recruited the line of scrimmage well on both sides of the ball (not elite level obviously) but well enough for sustained success over the next couple years.

The biggest thing that will allow Satterfield to succeed is the administration standing behind him when things get tough. He has inherited a major rebuilding job and there will be plenty of tough times ahead. It takes time and they need to stand behind him and support him and let him put his system with his players in place. He is a high character guy that will get the job done.

And the biggest mistake you guys could make is bailing on Satterfield before he gets his system and his players installed.

Step 1: Recruit kids that fit in your system. This is a painstaking, 3-5 year process. Your initial pitch is playing time, but later you move to "you're joining an ascending program."

Step 2: Natural attrition. Some upperclassmen don't fit the system or get passed on the depth chart by new recruits. This is a good thing. If upperclassmen aren't leaving then your recruits aren't that good.

Step 3: Develop the kids. The new kids have to grow within the system. You'll never get thst second wave of recruits if you can't prove you developed the first wave.

If you fail at any of the stages the rebuild stalls or even fails. Will the UofL fanbase have the prescience to recognize the difference between a stall and a fail? Will you have the patience to push through those stalls?

It could happen per say...but it's all dependent. This rebuild is more comparable to the Rich Brooks rebuild. Brooks inherited a decently talented team in year 1...but the personnel did not match his system. Satterfield is taking over a Bobby roster (a bad one) that was focused solely on speed at skill positions...Satterfield is more physical.

And this isn't some "oh there's talent, they just quit on Bobby and this year was an anomoly" because this team probably would've been as bad in 2017 if not for Lamar. But can the rebuild happen soon? I mean it depends on the goal...is a rebuild just being competitive again...or is it being a CFPlayoff contender and pushing Clemson?

I could see a bowl by year 3...but this is a roster that returns players that haven't been very good...and lost seniors/transfers and really only replaced them with a patchwork 2019 class. The 2020 class won't even really be making big contributions until 2021...and by that point as you said above there will be 56 players graduate over those 2 years. And then you're left with the 2018 and 2019 classes as your upperclassmen with not a lot of redshirts. 2022 and 2023 are really the years that will show how far Satterfield will take the program. Anything in the first 2-3 years shouldn't be judged by wins/losses but rather improvement.

But you all are competing with Syracuse, Virginia, BC, Wake, and NC State. You aren't facing a talent large differential against those teams. I give you guys credit for your non-conference being tough...but that could also delay a bowl game. (Kentucky every year, @ Notre Dame in 2020, Ole Miss and UCF in 2021...plus didn't realize Charlie is coming to play in Louisville with USF in 2022)

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueRattie
I want to echo exactly what all the UK fans are saying. Don't you all realize they are the most knowledgeable football fan base in the country? I mean come on.....they have a good season once a decade and are predicted to win 6 or 7 ballgames this year. 6 wins I tell ya! We Cards fans need to know our place and take a backseat to a team we have defeated 6 of the last 8 years.

I want to echo exactly what all the UK fans are saying. Don't you all realize they are the most knowledgeable football fan base in the country? I mean come on.....they have a good season once a decade and are predicted to win 6 or 7 ballgames this year. 6 wins I tell ya! We Cards fans need to know our place and take a backseat to a team we have defeated 6 of the last 8 years.
Well to counter that...

As a UK fan....we experts on bad football teams. We are also experts on teams that are in rebuild mode. And I know bad football when I see it with all my experience! ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT