ADVERTISEMENT

I Hate To Say It, LSU Crushes Clemson

SpotHogCard

1250+
Mar 17, 2013
Clemson had a lot of trouble with both butteye lines tonight.

LSU O and D lines are on another level comparably.

The game is in New Orleans.

For those reasons, I'm out on the Clemson Tigers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deeva
Crush or beat.

LSU wins by 10-17

OSU should have beat Clemson.

Shoulda, coulda, but not woulda. Cream rises to the top in the big games. Lawrence is a tough cookie and willed that team to the winning TD. This ought to be a great Ship game. Will it be a shootout or more of a tactical defensive struggle? Both teams have great DC's, so we shall see who has the best QB and overall team.

Reactions: gocds
Not so sure. Clemson played a far tougher opponent than LSU did. That LSU-OU outcome was satisfying to me as an Oklahoma State grad, but it screams for an 8 team playoff. Utah, Baylor, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama, Oregon, heck- Memphis State and even Louisville could go and get beat by 5 TDs just as well as OU. This makes the Big 12 look really bad.

You can’t compare the LSU vs OK game with OSU vs Clemson the level of competition is totally different. I thought LSU looked really good but at the same time Oklahoma probably didn’t belong in the playoffs. I think we have the 2 best teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: CardsFirst
LSU impressed me, but so did Clemson. That OLine for LSU did an amazing job of protecting Burrow. And that last TD pass to Etienne was a thing of beauty, and typical of the amazing play calling that we’ve seen from Coach Swinney so many times against us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayoman
Clemson should be a double digit dog. Dabo has the experience, however. That matters on a stage that big.

I had not seen Burrow except in highlights before yesterday. Despite the huge passing numbers, Burrow had such a clean pocket to throw from yesterday that I’m actually less impressed by him than I thought I would be.

He’s also a 23 year old 5th year senior. I cannot imagine what Lamar Jackson would have done in his sophomore and junior years behind that offensive line. I’m sure the Bengals will select him with the first pick, but I am unsure that he’s going to be any better than Dalton, because he’s not going to have anywhere near that clean of a pocket at any point for the rest of his career.

Here’s another interesting thought - He’s almost a year older than Lamar Jackson is right now.

Reactions: cardfan16
I had not seen Burrow except in highlights before yesterday. Despite the huge passing numbers, Burrow had such a clean pocket to throw from yesterday that I’m actually less impressed by him than I thought I would be.

He’s also a 23 year old 5th year senior. I cannot imagine what Lamar Jackson would have done in his sophomore and junior years behind that offensive line. I’m sure the Bengals will select him with the first pick, but I am unsure that he’s going to be any better than Dalton, because he’s not going to have anywhere near that clean of a pocket at any point for the rest of his career.

Here’s another interesting thought - He’s almost a year older than Lamar Jackson is right now.
Burrow doesn’t seem to have the arm strength that Trevor does. Otherwise, he looked in complete command yesterday. Interesting matchup.

Reactions: PushupMan
Clemson will come up with a defensive game plan. I doubt they will be as blitz heavy as they have been against lesser opponents. Burrow is as good against pressure as anyone that has played that position in a long time at this level. Clemson is extremely good in the red zone. It is their biggest strength. Tighter quarters with their speed makes it really tough to score on them.

It should be a really good game.

Clemson had a lot of trouble with both butteye lines tonight.

LSU O and D lines are on another level comparably.

The game is in New Orleans.

For those reasons, I'm out on the Clemson Tigers.
I’ll take my chances with Clemson and their #1 D and #3 offense and overall experience.

LSU has the #1 offense but their D ranked at #27 gives up big plays and a lot of points!

Clemson +6.5 is a bargain as Joe Public is on LSU so Vegas only accommodating with the line.

Clemson wins 37-35 type of game.

Lock it!

Reactions: cardfan16
Dabo and Lawrence have both won a title. Coach O and Burrow are playing for their first title. That’s gonna be a huge edge for the Clemson Tigers.

Burrow doesn’t seem to have the arm strength that Trevor does. Otherwise, he looked in complete command yesterday. Interesting matchup.
The thing that has impressed me about Burrow is his impeccable accuracy and timing on his throws. His receivers do not have to slow or stop in order for the pass to be completed. Instead, he hits them in stride making it possible for a lot of yards after catch.

Coach O is one of the biggest nut jobs out there I would take Dabo over him any day. I think it will be a great game with Clemson finishing on top.

Reactions: gocds and Mayoman
I just can’t stand listening to Orgeron’s voice. Like nails on a chalkboard. I want to see him lose just for that.

ESPN's game predictor, surprisingly, gives Clemson a 55% chance of winning. LSU's defense has tightened up late in the season. With the game being in New Orleans, I have a tough time seeing Clemson getting the W. It won't surprise me if they win, because they are a juggernaut at this moment in time, but it just seems like LSU's year.

Because fans are ridiculous - if Clemson does in the title again, look for a vocal group of Bama fans to wanna FARRRRR that Nick Saban and throw the bank at Dabo Swinney

Edit: A quick google search found this:

https://firenicksaban.com/

I heard Finebaum say a few weeks ago that if Bama has a similar season next year, they might have a decision to make. Unreal.

I heard Finebaum say a few weeks ago that if Bama has a similar season next year, they might have a decision to make. Unreal.

Bama fans should be careful what they wish for. It took Dabo a while to get it going at Clemson, I think we all remember WVU giving them a lernin' 70-17 or something early on in Dabo's era. I don't think getting beat like that in a bowl game would fly very well in Tuscaloosa, and then boom they're FARRRRR'n Dabo.

All year over on the National Board it felt like fans were selling Clemson short. I don't know enough about this, but here they are 1 game away from doing it again. I'd expect a really close game that could swing on a big play (turnover? trick play) somewhere late in the 3rd Q?

Wasn’t Alabama supposed to crush Clemson last year? Didn’t happen. I believe Clemson is the defending national champs by a score of something like 44-17. Now that’s an ass kicking. Believe I’d wait until the game was over.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: KozmasAgain
What everyone has overlooked is that Clemson struggled to beat a OSU team with an one legged QB. Fields was not physically able to do some of the things he did all year.

Those that wish for a 8 team playoff had to realize that football is so much different than basketball. The likelihood of one of your key players; ie QB, RB, WR getting injured in the first playoff game is a reality leaving a mismatch in the next game, which nobody wants to watch or see.

I don’t understand the overwhelming national confidence in LSU.

Burrow is great and I see that, but Lawrence and the Clemson offense are just as good. They just weren’t as motivated with teams they knew they could beat. Once the national media disrespected them they turned it on. And Ohio State was as good an offense as we’ve ever seen and Clemson held them.

LSU has played a tough schedule and deserves to be #1, but Clemson hasn’t been beat in a LONG time. They dominated a national title game last year.

I think it will be a legendary game. I think it’s a toss-up. But LSU being the National darling and giving Clemson an edge as a disrespected underdog may lead to a historic Lawrence performance.

Clemson with two weeks to prepare... I’m going with Clemson. There is a reason they havent lost in over two years.........

What everyone has overlooked is that Clemson struggled to beat a OSU team with an one legged QB. Fields was not physically able to do some of the things he did all year.

Those that wish for a 8 team playoff had to realize that football is so much different than basketball. The likelihood of one of your key players; ie QB, RB, WR getting injured in the first playoff game is a reality leaving a mismatch in the next game, which nobody wants to watch or see.

Sorry, no disrespect intended, but this is total BS. This does not speak well of the OSU coaching staff NOT to have enough confidence in their backup QB to go with him. Plus, maybe, just maybe, their QB wasn’t injured as badly as the media projected. Maybe, just maybe the BigTen just isn’t as good as some think. In any case, Clemson made a great comeback to win the game. Plus LSU has not seen a QB with the talent of the Clemson QB - and maybe not the coaching either. I wouldn’t sell Clemson short in this game. And I’m still in favor of an 8 team playoff.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT