ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Your AD Has a Plan B in Mind

There are zero sure fire home run hires that are out there. What makes Brohm the closest is the belief in his loyalty to the program and the longevity it will create. UofL’s program will never take the next step when it’s playing musical chairs with its HC position every four years.

I think it would also be interesting to see if he could shore up the Trinity pipeline - there are great players exiting that program annually, and the Cards don't always land them.

Of course that's if he ended up here.

There are zero sure fire home run hires that are out there. What makes Brohm the closest is the belief in his loyalty to the program and the longevity it will create. UofL’s program will never take the next step when it’s playing musical chairs with its HC position every four years.
People don't understand that he's in year 2 of a major rebuilding project. He's not gonna go 10-2. Not to mention, the team is probably distracted from the rumors

Absolutely is. They've never had a coach that other, better programs coveted. As crappy a situation as it is to be in - as we know intimately - it's still better than having some HC that couldn't get laid in a morgue.
Do you want a coach who gets laid in a morgue?!?!?!?!?

I refuse to denigrate Purdue’s football past or athletic past. We’ve actually been playing big boy football since the mid ‘80’s when Howard Schnellenberger came here. Purdue has been in the B1G for about a billion years. But none of that means squat since we are in a P5 conference also and it doesn’t really matter now. What does matter is does Jeff Brohm want to come home to his alma mater? That’s the big question. And, yes, UofL will pay him handsomely to do so. If he wants it then he can have it. Pretty simple. The deal isn’t that Purdue isn’t a good program but rather you’ve hit at a bad time for keeping Jeff. UofL has wonderful facilities and we don’t need any upgrades to keep or get any football coach. Plus Jeff is a native of Louisville and an alum of UofL. It’s all up to Jeff and if he comes home it won’t be a slap in the face to a fine school like Purdue. It will just be what it is. And if he decides to stay there then UofL will move on and hopefully hire a good coach from somewhere else. It ain’t rocket science and all of the back and forth insults are beneath the good fans of both schools.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
This is a really good post

I’m not being impatient. I just wonder there might be better options. He’s not a home run hire. Take away his ties to Louisville, I’m not sure he’s on the radar.

Ask Phil Steele how good he thinks Jeff Brohm is.

ADVERTISEMENT