ADVERTISEMENT

Hey Dontaie Allen, come to UofL...you can play here

jalovell23

2000+
Jul 8, 2007
Boone County
You can join the rest of the Kentucky boys on a real basketball team and get plenty of playing time. Just ask your fellow Ky boys.... David Johnson(Trinity HS) , JJ Traynor (Bardstown HS), Ashton Myles-Devore (Woodford Co.)

Just never understand those type ky kids that get recruited here and turn us down. Only recruited by Cal to appease the UK fanbase and mainly to keep them from us. Their AAU and HS coaches are the main culprits if they really had these kids best interest .They know going too U of L is their best option ,. Considering we don't recruit NBA level guys like they do.

Just never understand those type ky kids that get recruited here and turn us down. Only recruited by Cal to appease the UK fanbase and mainly to keep them from us. Their AAU and HS coaches are the main culprits if they really had these kids best interest .They know going too U of L is their best option ,. Considering we don't recruit NBA level guys like they do.
It’s not like we recruit that hard in-state either. A lot of in-state kids that Rick looked the other way on as well. The Tandy kid at Xavier will end up being something both in-state schools regret.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
It’s not like we recruit that hard in-state either. A lot of in-state kids that Rick looked the other way on as well. The Tandy kid at Xavier will end up being something both in-state schools regret.
Tandy just as you stated for some reason was not on the U of L radar prior to Mack arriving. He actually was being recruited by Xavier Steele was his lead recruiter their. Tandy really wanted a UK offer his people felt he was good enough to play their and they didnt' want him So when Mack got here he kinda backed off him . Didn't want to take away a Xavier recruit from his guy . I know alot about Tandy and his people.Hoptown is were alot of my family reside.

It shouldn’t surprise me but how these handlers/family haven’t figured out Cal’s system is a head scratcher. He is going to take the best player every year. He has to play them or they will stop coming. These middle of the road guys are a insurance policy. What Cal is finding out is the middle road guys aren’t happy with their reality of being a 3-4 year player. They see Askew, Clark and Boston struggling and still can’t see the floor. FYI he is not going to switch now.

If Fletcher comes back it will make Cal’s job tougher. The only way he sees the floor is at some else’s expense.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t surprise me but how these handlers/family haven’t figured out Cal’s system is a head scratcher. He is going to take the best player ever year. He has to play them or they will stop coming. These middle of the road guys are a insurance policy. What Cal is finding out is the middle road guys aren’t happy with their reality of being a 3-4 year player. They see Askew, Clark and Boston struggling and still can’t see the floor. FYI he is not going to switch now.

If Fletcher comes back it will make Cal’s job tougher. The only way he sees the floor is at some else’s expense.
I don't ever wish any bad things on kids but a little evil selfish part of me gets a laugh at the Askews . Bryce is going to see his business decision as they call it now is not going to go the way he expected. When these Blue Blood programs are handed (paid for) the top players these coaches have to play them . Deal with the devil.

Reactions: KozmasAgain
You can join the rest of the Kentucky boys on a real basketball team and get plenty of playing time. Just ask your fellow Ky boys.... David Johnson(Trinity HS) , JJ Traynor (Bardstown HS), Ashton Myles-Devore (Woodford Co.)
Funny thing Johnson actually was a UK fan believe it or not. And you see how recruitment went took awhile to get him to sign . Mack had to really work at him . had Rick still been here Johnson was not even a priority another of the great RP flaws lack of interest or not a eye for local talent. I still think he could of did a better job of convincing Willis.

Funny thing Johnson actually was a UK fan believe it or not. And you see how recruitment went took awhile to get him to sign . Mack had to really work at him . had Rick still been here Johnson was not even a priority another of the great RP flaws lack of interest or not a eye for local talent. I still think he could of did a better job of convincing Willis.
Johnson originally committed to Pitino!! He decomitted and then recomitted to Mack.

Cal recruits Kentucky kids for only 2 reasons. Number 1 to keep his fan base happy that they have Ky kids on the team. Number 2 to keep them from going to Louisville. They will never be a big part of the program because they will mostly sit at the end of the bench their entire career.

And Kentucky is back. At least that’s what the hill jacks say
But - in an fascinating twist - the hill jacks are still (and maybe more based on his post game comments) pissed off at sweaty cal.

The name calling on raftards is spectacular and unrelenting.

It’s just such great theater. Terrified of life without Cal, but pissed as hell at life with him

Drew Deener said that Louisville fans are glad that Allen didn’t play against us, lol. With Allen going off Saturday, it still took them two overtime’s to beat a very average/bad Mississippi State team.

Reactions: RomanOben
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT