ADVERTISEMENT

HEY CLEMSON !

Did you even watch our game with Tech? We had more first downs at half than they had total yards. We dominated them.

This is going to be a great game. Most Clemson fans are extremely happy to have Louisville in the conference. You guys have a wonderful athletic program that looks to compete for championships and not just go through the motions. We both have great teams. Should be a fun one.
I paid close attention to the way clemson put 8 in the box and sometimes 9 and ga tech still had relative success running the ball. I believe clemson will have some exotic scheme for Louisville and it will be a pick your poison type of thing and that we will make a statement against you. It is not personal, we just have something we are playing for. I believe we whip you.

you will make a choice on what you try to take away, and we are going to punish you. Ga tech did not have a quarterback to make you ay for overloading the box. please try that against us.........

I paid close attention to the way clemson put 8 in the box and sometimes 9 and ga tech still had relative success running the ball.

I have to completely disagree with this statement. Georgia Tech ran the ball 38 times for a total of 95 yards, a 2.5 ypc average against Clemson. Against the triple option that's the same thing as holding a team with a conventional offense to negative yardage rushing.

I want to make sure the good Clemson fans know that my post above was in no way meant to be disrespectful to anyone or your team....well maybe besides that clown 1clemsonjr posting above. I think the game is going to be a shootout with us pulling out the win in the 4th quarter. Both will make big plays on both sides. I'm basing my prediction mainly on the results on the field thus far this season. We've been dominant on both sides of the ball for 4 games. Clemson has had some struggles on offense and has given up some big numbers on defense to some questionable offenses at best. No one and I mean no one is going to limit our offense to under 30 points. I would be shocked. It's going to be about how Clemson keeps up....and they can if the offense is playing up to it's potential. But there's all kinds of talk about Clemson's defense and little mention of ours which is over rated at #11 in the country. We're deep and experienced in just about every position except DB.

I can't settle on a score prediction. It's going to be a tough game to call for sure.

Hey man just having a littl fun,I apologize,I promise you Clemson folks are known for our hospitality.Both of these programs are on the rise regardless of the outcome.Save travels to all coming down.

I paid close attention to the way clemson put 8 in the box and sometimes 9 and ga tech still had relative success running the ball. I believe clemson will have some exotic scheme for Louisville and it will be a pick your poison type of thing and that we will make a statement against you. It is not personal, we just have something we are playing for. I believe we whip you.

you will make a choice on what you try to take away, and we are going to punish you. Ga tech did not have a quarterback to make you ay for overloading the box. please try that against us.........

Yep. That's football. I'm sure we will try and take away 8's legs and hope to do it with 7 in the box. GT is a different animal. If we can't take that away then we will be in for a long night as we will have to commit more and become vulnerable on the back end. The same can be said for the other side of the ball. Neither team can take away everything. Points will be scored. It's who can limit the damage. A big key in this game is one that is being overlooked: our OL vs your DL. Both have been rated highly but so far only yours looks to be living up to the hype.

Reactions: beasleythecard

You saying GT had relative success running the ball discredits anything else you say. They had 20 yards total at halftime and finished the game with 120 yards of total offense, the lowest ever for a Paul Johnson coached team.

I have to completely disagree with this statement. Georgia Tech ran the ball 38 times for a total of 95 yards, a 2.5 ypc average against Clemson. Against the triple option that's the same thing as holding a team with a conventional offense to negative yardage rushing.
the difference brother is Louisville has a passing game and ga tech does not. you can load the box against ga tech, if you do that against us, Lamar will have 1000 yards

You saying GT had relative success running the ball discredits anything else you say. They had 20 yards total at halftime and finished the game with 120 yards of total offense, the lowest ever for a Paul Johnson coached team.
louisville may be just a tad better than ga tech running the ball

Did you even watch our game with Tech? We had more first downs at half than they had total yards. We dominated them.

This is going to be a great game. Most Clemson fans are extremely happy to have Louisville in the conference. You guys have a wonderful athletic program that looks to compete for championships and not just go through the motions. We both have great teams. Should be a fun one.
UL44 Clemson 35....... write it down

imagine G tech with a passing game and how it opens up the deep ball. Louisville has both the deep ball and the running game so i believe no team can stop both.

Yep. That's football. I'm sure we will try and take away 8's legs and hope to do it with 7 in the box. GT is a different animal. If we can't take that away then we will be in for a long night as we will have to commit more and become vulnerable on the back end. The same can be said for the other side of the ball. Neither team can take away everything. Points will be scored. It's who can limit the damage. A big key in this game is one that is being overlooked: our OL vs your DL. Both have been rated highly but so far only yours looks to be living up to the hype.
I hope you mean legally because your defensive line and linebackers are throwing gas on the fire by saying number 8 just like you are. I hope number 8 as you guys call him makes you know his name well.

I hope you mean legally because your defensive line and linebackers are throwing gas on the fire by saying number 8 just like you are. I hope number 8 as you guys call him makes you know his name well.

Haha. Yes. Legally. I'm not one of those morons who wishes players injuries. I hope 8 goes on to have a great season.

And I use numbers for everyone, including our players. On our board I use "4" for Watson. It's just easier to type. I do it out of laziness and not disrespect. I'm well aware of his name. You'd have to be an idiot not to know it.

Reactions: atiba
The poster I was responding to said Tech had success running the ball, I simply stated that it was false...because it is. No question Louisville has a better running game.
you will have a choice of picking your poison. We have played you tough without being able to score the ball as we can now.

imagine G tech with a passing game and how it opens up the deep ball. Louisville has both the deep ball and the running game so i believe no team can stop both.
We'll find out Saturday. I expect our D line to take away the run and force Jackson to make plays with his arm. Your receivers and TEs look great though and will be very difficult to stop.

you will have a choice of picking your poison. We have played you tough without being able to score the ball as we can now.
Last time at home we beat y'all with Cole fvcking Stoudt at quarterback. Get off your high horse. This will be another close game...our QB is pretty dynamic in his own right.

Last time at home we beat y'all with Cole fvcking Stoudt at quarterback. Get off your high horse. This will be another close game...our QB is pretty dynamic in his own right.
I am not even speaking about Lamar, we have a lot more than him. Not on a high horse, I just believe we have a complete team and that we are ready for the challenge of facing clemson in memorial stadium this weekend.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Starting to get Chippy as it gets closer. ;)

Personally, I'm just happy to be in this discussion.

As much as I love 8 ;), I am concerned about his patience in this game. He's not been in a close one, in a hostile environment this year. He can't force it. If he takes what you guys give (as I believe 4 will) I like our chances to pull a W.

If he gets antsy, and just throws the thing up as he has shown a tendency to do........:confused: ?

Here's to a good one with NO injuries!!!

Starting to get Chippy as it gets closer. ;)

Personally, I'm just happy to be in this discussion.

As much as I love 8 ;), I am concerned about his patience in this game. He's not been in a close one, in a hostile environment this year. He can't force it. If he takes what you guys give (as I believe 4 will) I like our chances to pull a W.

If he gets antsy, and just throws the thing up as he has shown a tendency to do........:confused: ?

Here's to a good one with NO injuries!!!
Jackson is a stud and has been since he was in HS. I remember being pissed when Clemson took a commitment from Tucker Israel instead of waiting on Jackson. Petrino's development of him cannot be understated either, as he's one of the best QB coaches in the sport at any level.

Only thing that jumps out to me is his completion percentage of 58%...why is it so low? He take a lot of low percentage shots downfield or is he just not that accurate. They never show his misfires on the highlight reel.

Jackson is a stud and has been since he was in HS. I remember being pissed when Clemson took a commitment from Tucker Israel instead of waiting on Jackson. Petrino's development of him cannot be understated either, as he's one of the best QB coaches in the sport at any level.

Only thing that jumps out to me is his completion percentage of 58%...why is it so low? He take a lot of low percentage shots downfield or is he just not that accurate. They never show his misfires on the highlight reel.
We had ten (10) drops at Syracuse for one thing. He was 20-39 (51.3) with 10 drops. He should have been 77%.

That game alone could have him up to 66% for the year.

Plus, he's thrown a few he shouldn't have.

Overall he's pretty darn accurate. It's the ones he shouldn't throw (patience) that concern me in this one.

We had ten (10) drops at Syracuse for one thing. He was 20-39 (51.3) with 10 drops. He should have been 77%.

That game alone could have him up to 66% for the year.

Plus, he's thrown a few he shouldn't have.

Overall he's pretty darn accurate. It's the ones he shouldn't throw (patience) that concern me in this one.
I feel your pain on the drops. Clemson had 12 drops against Troy if I'm not mistaken. Through 4 games Clemson's receivers have dropped 6 TD passes alone.

I believe the clemson line backers try to muddy the waters and come for Lamar, but we are prepared for them and that we use our skill players to run away with this game. Brandon Ratcliff is an after thought from our opponents and I believe this is the week he goes nuts and has like 150-200 yards. Lamar will be patient and let the defense think they can blitz and not get burned. The run will set up the pass and Lamar will torch them for a lot of yards.

All of the talking heads have Louisville pegged as a one man team. This week the world will know this Louisville team is very special.

I am not being a Homer with this prediction, I am thinking about how well we moved the ball last year, and how a fumble and a punt return gifted clemson a win. This year I think we serve them a crap sandwich and beat them 58-24 but if we are able to run the ball and mix in the tight ends over the middle, we beat them 63-24.

Clemson had real trouble with Troy. The couldn't run the ball against Troy. We are going to have a national audience and bust them.

Prepare to eat a crap sandwich clemson. We don't owe you anything but a woodshed whippin. Cards take flight 63-24 and Lamar makes the clemson folks say his name just like Ali.

go cards.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
I believe the clemson line backers try to muddy the waters and come for Lamar, but we are prepared for them and that we use our skill players to run away with this game. Brandon Ratcliff is an after thought from our opponents and I believe this is the week he goes nuts and has like 150-200 yards. Lamar will be patient and let the defense think they can blitz and not get burned. The run will set up the pass and Lamar will torch them for a lot of yards.

All of the talking heads have Louisville pegged as a one man team. This week the world will know this Louisville team is very special.

I am not being a Homer with this prediction, I am thinking about how well we moved the ball last year, and how a fumble and a punt return gifted clemson a win. This year I think we serve them a crap sandwich and beat them 58-24 but if we are able to run the ball and mix in the tight ends over the middle, we beat them 63-24.

Clemson had real trouble with Troy. The couldn't run the ball against Troy. We are going to have a national audience and bust them.

Prepare to eat a crap sandwich clemson. We don't owe you anything but a woodshed whippin. Cards take flight 63-24 and Lamar makes the clemson folks say his name just like Ali.

go cards.
Holy homer...lol at you thinking you're putting up that many points on our defense. A Louisville RB has never even reached 100 yards vs. Clemson the last two years combinied. You may very well win. But predicting a score like 63-24 is pure dumb, blind homerism at its finest.

Holy homer...lol at you thinking you're putting up that many points on our defense. A Louisville RB has never even reached 100 yards vs. Clemson the last two years combinied. You may very well win. But predicting a score like 63-24 is pure dumb, blind homerism at its finest.
Yeah, but it's the internet.

We can be anything we want!

Ain't it great???:p

I was listening to 93.9 The Ville on Sat morning two weeks ago and a guy came on at 10:15AM and predicted a similar score. Everyone was chuckling and saying bold and laughing at that dude. I hoped I'd catch his gloat session on some subsequent show but I never did. Am sure it was just dumb luck, right?

Admittedly, so far, FSU's D doesn't look nearly as good as Clemson's D. But comparisons to last year (other than to indicate the two teams are roughly competitive with CU slightly ahead) are odious. Our offense last year was not reliable until very late in the year, much less against Clemson. I don't have a prediction at all. Just telling ya, this U of L "O" is a whole different level than what Tiger fans have seen from us to date.

• HEY CLEMSON FANS..

Well we're comin' to your city
Gonna play our guitars and sing you a country song
We'll all be flyin' higher than a jet air liner
And if you want a little bang in your ying yang come along

Well we flew through Cincinnati
And we all got really happy
Grabbed a bowl of that sky line chili along the way
Then we rolled on into Kansas
Scared the hell our of Marilyn Manson
And the party started happenin'
Hey hey hey

And then in the middle of a Charleston night
We ran into Jesco White
And a little moonshine got us right plum smacked insane

Well we broke down in Greenville
In the middle of a hayfield
But a Bud Light truck pulled up and helped us out

So we then headed up to Philly
Partied down like real hillbillies
Brought the Music Mafia
And rocked it out

And Chippewa's where we go
When we're up in Buffalo
Don't you know those yankees drink enough to drown!

We'll all be flyin' higher than a jet airliner

Listen up
Now LA's got the freaks
At Pink's and 50 dollar drinks
And San Antonio Was a wild wild rodeo

And then Phoenix, Arizona
We drank way too much Corona
And we woke up by the river
In Jeff City, MO

Yeah, yeah
We're comin' to your city
We're gonna play our guitars and sing you a country song
And if you want a little band in your ying yang
If you wanna little zing in your zang zang
If you wanna little ting in your tang tang
Come along, come along, come along, come along

Yeah, we're comin' to your city

Notre Dame,FSU ,Okl 2times,Ohio state,Georgia,,LSU, all defeated by this team,but Louisville is gonna put us down.Start drinking early.
Don't forget about that historical loss to Ky in the Music City Bowl.

Last edited:
In case you haven't noticed, Beasley gets a little bit excited as the game gets closer. He means well though. All of Card Nation is looking forward to this game. Hope to see a great game on a premier stage. Good luck.

In case you haven't noticed, Beasley gets a little bit excited as the game gets closer. He means well though. All of Card Nation is looking forward to this game. Hope to see a great game on a premier stage. Good luck.
Likewise...one of the best QB battles I can recall in a long time. Should be a treat. Not to mention a playoff game on the first of October.

Pregame smack talk is so lame. Nobody knows what is going to happen. UL may go off as 3 pt fav. My question is how motivated is Watson with LJ taking his Heisman hype?

Reactions: XTIGERK

go cards.

Seriously?

Your reputation precedes you and you will see a HUGE turnout from Cards fans because of it. The Clemson hospitality and atmosphere has been the talk of the town since our trip there 2 years ago. People have been planning the trip for over a year. What an awesome scenario to have 2 of the top teams in the country with Heisman trophy candidate QB's!!! Pinch me! GO CARDS!!
This game will be epic and the atmosphere all day Saturday is something most college fans dream about. We had it last year for the Notre Dame game and even with a monsoon and hurricane, it was off the charts. Hopefully, it will be perfect weather, the forecast is a high of 84, low of 59 with a 10% chance of rain.

Reactions: Umlusa
Steele (preseason) says rankings within the ACC are:

QB: Clemson #1, UofL #3. I will give you the benefit of the doubt here and say you have a very slight edge at the position. Two great players who will both be multi-millionaires by May of 2018.
RB: Clemson #3, UofL #12. I will give you this one as well because of the respect I have for Gallman and although we haven't seen it much this year, Watson's ability to run. On Louisville's side, both Radcliff and Jackson are ranked in the top 10 in the nation in yards per carry and UofL is currently #3 in the nation in rushing yards per game.
WR: Clemson #1, UofL #3. Not even close is ridiculous. In Quick, Staples and Hikutini, we have 3 seniors who will be NFL draft picks next year.
OL - Clemson #3, UofL #11. Clemson has underperformed this ranking so far, UofL has greatly outperformed it.
DL: Clemson #2, UofL #8. Clemson has the advantage here. The performance against Georgia Tech was VERY impressive. Our DL has played very well so far, as well. Hearns and Fields have been getting a lot of pressure off the edge.
LB: Clemson #2, UofL #1. There's no question here that UofL is better with Kelsey and Harvey-Clemons, two early round NFL draft picks next spring.
DB: Clemson #5, UofL #3. UofL has the better secondary and has demonstrated that so far this year.
ST: Clemson #9, UofL #14. UofL has had trouble with field goals and kickoff depth (new kickers this year), but has a great punt returner in Jaire Alexander.
Good analysis, which sets up for an epic close game, probably lower scoring than a lot of people are thinking. What is the over/under on this game?

Reactions: PushupMan
ADVERTISEMENT