ADVERTISEMENT

Hermann out at Texas...

I mean I feel like it’s kinda an even trade, but you’re paying a large buyout and you’re stuck with Sark for 3 more years.

I don’t get why these programs like Texas, Auburn, etc just fire a decent coach when they don’t have a replacement ready in their place.

When you make a move like this, you can’t go get a big name like a Meyer or someone like that when they’re ready to take a big job.

Reactions: GoldCard
I mean I feel like it’s kinda an even trade, but you’re paying a large buyout and you’re stuck with Sark for 3 more years.

I don’t get why these programs like Texas, Auburn, etc just fire a decent coach when they don’t have a replacement ready in their place.

When you make a move like this, you can’t go get a big name like a Meyer or someone like that when they’re ready to take a big job.
You kidding. They knew they could get Sarkisian. That’s why they fired a guy who had won 4 straight bowls.

My guess is that they’ve already reached out to Sark to see if he’s willing and he is. IIRC - the search that ended with them hiring Strong was a bit if a debacle and they’re not gonna put themselves in the position to look foolish again.

They wanted Urban, but he turned them down. Sark is a fall back and likely no better than Herman. He was a bust at USC, fired two games into the season.

He had big time alcohol issues when he was at USC and Washington - allegedly doing pressers and even coaching one game drunk. He supposedly has been sober for a few years now. I’m sure he’s learned a bunch from Saban about organization and structuring a staff. Not to intentionally contradict Morgantown but I predict he does well in Austin.

Reactions: rh62531
When Vince Lombardi was introduced as the Packers’ new coach in 1959, his first statement of the Press Conference was, “ I want it understood that I am in complete command.” Dark needs to insist on this or he will be just like Charlie and Hermann

When Vince Lombardi was introduced as the Packers’ new coach in 1959, his first statement of the Press Conference was, “ I want it understood that I am in complete command.” Dark needs to insist on this or he will be just like Charlie and Hermann

You could say that kinda thing in Lombardi days. Today, nada!

He would be lying, though. The Texas gig, for better or worse, is different. Too many big dollar boosters. The same boosters who just helped pay off Herman. A coach there coaches how boosters want you to coach.

He would be lying, though. The Texas gig, for better or worse, is different. Too many big dollar boosters. The same boosters who just helped pay off Herman. A coach there coaches how boosters want you to coach.

This was very apparent when Charlie hired a gunslinger OC late. That isn't Charlie, Charlie would win every game 7-0 if it were up to him.

You’re right, unfortunately. My point was that that’s what it will take to win at Texas. Indeed Lombardi faced a similar situation with the Packers BOD interfering with previous coaches. He nipped it in the bud day 1. That’s the only hope Sark has. Otherwise, recent history will just repeat itself.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT