ADVERTISEMENT

Here is what this years CF Playoff looks like:

Mayoman

6000+
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2001
Food for thought and further discussion.

Here is this years 8 team playoff that narrows down to the CFF:

Northwestern vs Ohio State

Notre Dame vs Clemson

Alabama vs Florida

Iowa State vs Oklahoma

One could argue that they are not the best 8 teams in the country either.

However, there is an opportunity for 3 new teams (UF, I St, and Northwestern) to become league champs and advance to the FF....for the first time in how long? Interesting to watch how this plays out.

Those on the outside looking in are Cinn, TxA&M, Coastal Carolina, BYU, and Oregon and San Jose State. One could argue that they are, or are not deserving of inclusion.

A G5 FF could be this:

BYU vs Cinn

Coastal Carolina vs Louisiana

So what value would any of those 4 teams provide to the 8 team playoff looking at their SoS other than it waters it down to the 12 best maybe?

Opinions will vary....it could be fun to watch how that G5 FF would turn out and they could have their own champion and make the regular season important again for more leagues and their teams.

This is all my speculation and you have yours. That is what makes being a fan so much fun. Enjoy today being one of the great days to be a CFB fan of the crazy 2020 season. Cheers fellow Card fans.

Last edited:
Ohio State could be blowing up some of your thinking here. Who else might blow up your work? It’s going to be interesting also with opts out. I like you last G5 FF options. 😀

Reactions: Mayoman
Ohio State could be blowing up some of your thinking here. Who else might blow up your work? It’s going to be interesting also with opts out. I like you last G5 FF options. 😀

I listed the 8 teams playing for conference championships today. And yes, OSU is not looking good right now vs a solid NW team. SO my listing those 8 is what is happening to narrow those 8 to 4....but 1 of those 4, maybe 2 still may not make it to the CFF.

I like the G5 FF too a lot...although I did over look an unbeaten San Jose State team that is 6-0.

I think it would be great for the B10 and for college FB for NW to win. I also would like to see UF upset Bama. And CU to destroy ND in a T. Lawrence revenge game. I would leave OK, ISt and Oregon out of the FF in just about every/any possible scenario as their leagues are poor quality teams this year for different reasons. PAC did not play enough games and B12 is just down this year.

Last edited:
I listed the 8 teams playing for conference championships today. And yes, OSU is not looking good right now vs a solid NW team. SO my listing those 8 is what is happening to narrow those 8 to 4....but 1 of those 4, maybe 2 still may not make it to the CFF.

I like the G5 FF too a lot...although I did over look an unbeaten San Jose State team that is 6-0.

I think it would be great for the B10 and for college FB for NW to win. I also would like to see UF upset Bama. And CU to destroy ND in a T. Lawrence revenge game. I would leave OK, ISt and Oregon out of the FF in just about every/any possible scenario as their leagues are poor quality teams this year for different reasons. PAC did not play enough games and B12 is just bad.

Oh a big blow up of ‘20 FB season in the finals would be very entertaining. What the heck, we need more controversy in our world. 🥴

Well 2 down and 2 to go. NW and IST both gave good efforts but both fall to the 2 traditional champions of their respective conferences as usual.

Both games were pretty entertaining and highly competitive as they should be. I still like CU to beat ND and Bama to beat UF....but would love to see UF muck things up by pulling the upset.

T A&M handled UT to stay in the running maybe. Other games still to come. Taking a B Rm break and firing up the grub to get ready for the rest of todays games. Woa Nellie.

Them damn Buckeyes. You would never know I was born and raised a Buckeye. Got over it as an adult, or did I?

Them damn Buckeyes. You would never know I was born and raised a Buckeye. Got over it as an adult, or did I?

OSU definitely showed up in the 2nd half; but ISU still had a chance to beat OK till the last 1.5 minutes and a bad pass play for the final interception that sealed it for the OK win.

Last edited:
OSU definitely showed up in the 2nd half; but ISU still had a chance till the last 1.5 minutes and a bad pass play for the final interception that sealed it for the OK win.

One thing I think you might have forgotten in this FB finals. The powers that be always screw up every year in their selection. They find a way to screw someone deserving.

It sucks not to have ABC to watch the ACC Championship.

One thing I think you might have forgotten in this FB finals. The powers that be always screw up every year in their selection. They find a way to screw someone deserving.

It sucks not to have ABC to watch the ACC Championship.

No, I think you may be overlooking that I am using the conference championship games as the first level of an 8 team playoff system.

And for those that want a 12 team playoff, use a 4/8 team playoff of G5 teams or deserving others to get it to a 12 team playoff system. Winners advance.

And the G5 could use a playoff of their own to get 1 or more teams into that 12 team tournament. Hard to express all the ways to get it to 12 with it being champs of leagues only and/or those most deserving. Does that make sense?

Oh I did miss that you were dreaming of a bigger better playoff. Sorry! Forgive me for multitasking. I know better.

Recruiting.

The teams with the best recruiting classes have won today

The FF will likely have fairly equal players.

Until that wealth get spread out through a reduction in scholarships it will always be this way.

Recruiting.

The teams with the best recruiting classes have won today

The FF will likely have fairly equal players.

Until that wealth get spread out through a reduction in scholarships it will always be this way.

Always is and always has been even back to the before BCS and BCS days. Winning leagues and going unbeaten is a cycle that is hard to overcome for the non traditional powers and have nots. It is and has been what it is.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT