ADVERTISEMENT

Hello, and Thank you to all you guys on here

Sioux Falls Eric

One-Star Poster
Jul 30, 2017
Sioux falls South Dakota
First of all I want to thank you guys on here for keeping me in the loop with everything that happens with the program.My name is Eric and I was originally born in Baltimore MD but in 1975 my family moved to Louisville and even though I was only 9 years old I remember watching the Cards win it all and I knew I would be a Cardinal fans for life.Then came another one in 1986 I was in the seventh grade at Thomas Jefferson then, and I remember people getting out of their cars and celebrating in the streets of Newburg.I had to relocate to Sioux Falls to take care of a sick parent, we put down roots here and have been here ever since.I say thank you to all you guys like Zipp,steelers,Cardx,and a whole lots of others for helping me when I feel home sick.I wear my UL gear here proudly even though some people think it's the Arizona Cardinals or even the St. Louis cardinals.But hey people knew who we were up here when we put that whooping on Florida State.

First of all I want to thank you guys on here for keeping me in the loop with everything that happens with the program.My name is Eric and I was originally born in Baltimore MD but in 1975 my family moved to Louisville and even though I was only 9 years old I remember watching the Cards win it all and I knew I would be a Cardinal fans for life.Then came another one in 1986 I was in the seventh grade at Thomas Jefferson then, and I remember people getting out of their cars and celebrating in the streets of Newburg.I had to relocate to Sioux Falls to take care of a sick parent, we put down roots here and have been here ever since.I say thank you to all you guys like Zipp,steelers,Cardx,and a whole lots of others for helping me when I feel home sick.I wear my UL gear here proudly even though some people think it's the Arizona Cardinals or even the St. Louis cardinals.But hey people knew who we were up here when we put that whooping on Florida State.
Welcome, Eric.

Reactions: American Male
Is it me or does the math not add up.

d2a1f14dc1b9e1a7ed8c3ea4c908689a--stupid-stuff-math.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to had my drivers license in the eighth grade.

Last edited:
I grew up near the "streets of Newburg"...
Just where is that? Last I checked, Newburg was a street.

Actually I stand corrected. Newburg is a geographical area, once designated as a census area and then annexed by the city-county merger.

Last edited:
Is it me or does the math not add up.
Don't get me wrong, I would have liked to had my drivers license in the eighth grade.

It's not you ... but then again not everybody is in the 9th grade when they are 15 years old.

It's not you ... but then again not everybody is in the 9th grade when they are 15 years old.

Well, this thread took a weird turn. Anyway, there are hardship drivers licenses. Given to those under 16 if a parent or parents are unable to care for themselves. It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it before.

Sorry for any confusion, I was born in 1971 and we moved to the Ville in 75. So I was 9 when they won it in 1980 and I just remember everybody partying. In 1986 I was 15 and right after the game I walked outside in the circle we lived in and people where pulling over and literary dancing in the streets of Newburg. The NCAA can go F itself they can take down the banner and whitewash history but we all know what we saw. That was magical what those boys did in 2013, I have never seen anything like the things they had to go against.

To be more precise in my case, Bashford Manor and Newburg...

Me and my BB gun owned the old burned out brick factory. I used to shoot the trains that ran along the tracks back in there. Field frogs were everywhere. That place was pure paradise for me. That is till they started building all the warehouses and my grandmother's passing. Hard to believe it ever happened or existed these days.

How bout if a call it H-Mart.

Call it what you like. But "thank you". This thread brought back memories that otherwise were forgotten for me. Believe it or not, I found pictures of my grandmother's house online when it last sold. Amazingly it was like a time capsule. The past owners hadn't change much at all. The kitchen, the bath, basement, the woodwork.. none of it had been changed in 40 years. WOW. The only thing missing were the relatives and the apple tree. And of course my own field of dreams.

ADVERTISEMENT