ADVERTISEMENT

Hearing Williamson...

I think it is safe to say he is ours. Nice get for sure.

The only open question is if he will take the next two visits prior to making it known publicly.

Awesome news, kid can ball. If he does indeed commit, our roster is shaping up nicely for next year. :cool:

Your boy at Trinity better make a decision or he is going elswhere. You only need so many 6-5, 6-6 guys on 1 team. I understand the positionless basketball idea, but still.......

Personally if it is taking him this long to make a decision about the hometown school they need to pull his offer.

I dont think people get how big this is! We stand to have a top 10 or better class his first year in lieu of EVERYTHING that is hanging over our heads. "IF" CM can keep the current roster together with these incoming recruits we are back to a top 10 power way quicker than original thought! I was thinking 2021-22 or so.

Reactions: Smithereen
I dont think people get how big this is! We stand to have a top 10 or better class his first year in lieu of EVERYTHING that is hanging over our heads. "IF" CM can keep the current roster together with these incoming recruits we are back to a top 10 power way quicker than original thought! I was thinking 2021-22 or so.
He'll have to coach them up. The 3 that have verballed are 4 star recruits which isn't bad, but they will need coaching. They're not elite 5 star recruits where the coach only has to roll the ball out then sit down.

The video of Williamson is impressive, really fluid smooth shooter and looks very athlethic. Loved to see the two blocks on the defensive end where he was on the guy's hip while he drove the lane and went up and blocked it without fouling. He will immediately help this team next year!

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card
He'll have to coach them up. The 3 that have verballed are 4 star recruits which isn't bad, but they will need coaching. They're not elite 5 star recruits where the coach only has to roll the ball out then sit down.

Don't get too caught up in stars. Based on what I've heard, CCM goes after folks that fit his system. Dozens of examples every year where the "star" system is far from accurate....hell look at Mitchell.

Reactions: Cue Card
The 3 that have verballed are 4 star recruits which isn't bad, but they will need coaching.
Which fits what I was saying in another thread Cue. He's going after guys that will be coachable and willing to accept a role, but still talented.

Reactions: Cue Card
This year, Mack's recruiting at or around the level that Pitino did. If that continues and he can coach anywhere close to Pitino, we'll be fine. But that's TBD...

Reactions: Card Fan In Bama
This year, Mack's recruiting at or around the level that Pitino did. If that continues and he can coach anywhere close to Pitino, we'll be fine. But that's TBD...

I've been wrong about Mack being about to recruit with the FBI cloud, so keep that in mind. I am very impressed with Coach Mack's recruiting so far. However, I think this is going to be a very tough season. If Mack can hold it all together through that storm, and land this class, the program is going to recover much more quickly than any of us anticipated.

I said this before - I thought Mack would be begging 3 stars within the city of Louisville to come play, and holding tryouts, for the 2019-20 season. Happy to be wrong.

The key going forward, imo, for CM is the players buying what the coach is selling.
This season could be a perfect testament to his ability to do that.

It's a bit of a mad scramble this season. What better circumstances to see what he's got. Getting guys to accept the role their coach wants them to play will begin soon.

This year, Mack's recruiting at or around the level that Pitino did.

In his first year after having to deal with the sh*t show Pitino left behind. I look for Mack to recruit much better than Pitino did with his all star classes of guys like Telfair and Caracter.

Reactions: UL_1986
I never overreact to the fallout that's predicted or feared after bad publicity. The American mind has too little attention span. 15 minutes is all it takes for erasure. And that applied to whether Mack or Pitino was in the basketball job.

I could similarly argue that it's never been easier to recruit to U of L. Not when you have to beat out the lightly recruited guys on our current roster for PT.

And I'll start to get concerned if Mack lands much better recruits much as I did with Pitino. In The Master's case, it was because he didn't know how to coach them. In Mack's case, it's because we don't know if blue chip kids are clean, at least not until the FBI is done.

You ain't a OAD program although some of our fans have that identity crisis...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT