ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta Love Our Effort Today! Long Road Back , A Step Forward Today

cocoa

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Guys loved our effort today! We played winning football on defense. That is encouraging. Tough loss to swallow, but you gotta feel we have a shot to get to 6 wins, with 6 games left to play. Will it be a challenge ? L Yes it will, but, you saw after this game Coach Satt has this team well within his grip. The schedule is much less challenging. Gotta fix the offense, but I believe we can get to 6 wins, and the post season. We shall see, lot of winnable games left!!

I like the optimism, but no way we get to 6 wins. That requires winning all but 1 game. We will be lucky not to start 1-6. FSU and VT are playing good football.

Moral victory party. No thanks
No party. You simply have to recognize the effort. That’s the best I’ve seen the defense play in a long time, sans a few 3rd and longs where we didn’t apply pressure. Rushing 3 or 4 and dropping back 7 or 8 isn’t ideal.

Yes VT ois playing well!!! FSU playing well?? What have you been watching?? Cards get back to winning ways next Saturday !! Let's take it one game at a time!! Gotta get back to a Bowl Game!

Coach Brown needs to have more confidence in the DBs. They showed today that they can cover. We need to blitz much more. Every time we blitzed, we either got to the QB, forced a bad pass, or stuffed a run. On offense, We need to throw downfield more often- the offense didn’t get untracked until the end of the first half when we started to do that. Also, the option game came back and was productive in the second half, including a critical 4th down conversion on our TD drive. I don’t know why these elements are missing.

Well then stay out. You didn’t have to click on it. But you had to whine some more.

Any post with your name on it has been whining all season.

And people think I’M a pessimist...????

So it’s whining if you call it as you see it? We are 1-4 with a win over WKU. Of course the defense looked better. Does it make you feel better to focus on that moot point while we continue to lose winnable games?

So it’s whining if you call it as you see it? We are 1-4 with a win over WKU. Of course the defense looked better. Does it make you feel better to focus on that moot point while we continue to lose winnable games?
I don’t like moral victories either. But you also have to acknowledge the effort and improvements against a top ten team on the road. The Cards gave us some things to cheer on Saturday, and gave themselves some reason for hope and things to work on.

Reactions: RomanOben
Yeah we’ve lost some winnable games.

Last year we were on the “lucky” end and won some losable games.

Until we get some talent, or the talent needed to play this staffs style, we just have to suffer through it.

But constant beeching is the moot point even though I DO feel your pain...🤕;)

The big thing is saying we “played” winning defense. That was good to see, but playing good defense for a week doesn’t make me feel confident. I feel good that the team didn't roll over and quit, but now is gut-check time.

Florida State is gonna define the season 1 way or another. A loss will sting this team as we fall to 1-5 and then VT the week after looks like a likely 1-6 start. UVA is playing very good too. We could still salvage a 5-6 record against the bottom half of the schedule, but that still will feel like a failure considering the expectations.

Beat FSU and we still have a chance at a 7-4 type year.

Reactions: RomanOben
No party. You simply have to recognize the effort. That’s the best I’ve seen the defense play in a long time, sans a few 3rd and longs where we didn’t apply pressure. Rushing 3 or 4 and dropping back 7 or 8 isn’t ideal.
Agreed but, if we’re going to blitz - DL better have lane discipline and not rush past Travis and create running lanes for him to step up into this week. This is an opportunity to turn a negative into a positive - our LBs are undersized but, they’re quick. Spying Travis with Burns or Montgomery in key situations might be the way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT