ADVERTISEMENT

Got to say it

Cue Card

Four-Star Poster
Mar 7, 2011
Where has THIS defense been this year? I know we've had some injuries, and I also know we got a lot of youngsters playing but wow what a freaking turnaround. Couldn't get a 3 and out to save our lives 2 weeks ago, and today the D was up to the task.

Easily the best win of the season.

GO CARDS!!!!

Jaire Alexander makes a HUGE difference. He can shut down the other team's best receiver and the rest of the secondary can be a lot more aggressive. Thomas is important, too - but JA is the key. Washington was better, Chucky was better, people were flying around. But for that silly play in the Purdue game, we might be 8-2 now. Oh, well........

Echoing an early comment Alexander is that good. They other factor was Hearns was terrific all game long. They took the first read away from their QB and consistently made him move in the pocket. The other thing I notice much more physical today. Instead of catching people while tackling they were delivering hits. D. Smith played really physical in the run game.

Freshman are still making freshman mistakes, 17 got burned on the one TD but that is to be expected. He got caught looking in the backfield instead of keying on his man.

I think Petrino nailed it their kids are going to make plays.....move on. I think they did a nice job of moving on yesterday.

Syracuse is going to be a problem with their tempo. Here hoping for a cold and windy day next Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT