ADVERTISEMENT

GMAC Bowl 2003

STLNBSE

700+
Feb 27, 2003
on ESPN now. Seems like a short time ago we were getting waxed by Big Ben and Miami of Ohio, but man we had some studs in the program that I'd forgotten about. Lefors at QB, Bush was a frosh, Gates, Ronnie Ghent, JR Russell. I've actually enjoyed watching it. Also makes me appreciate how far we've come as s program

Last edited:
Reactions: 65bird and wilkie01
For context we lost 49-28, but Miami of Ohio was 13-1 with their lone loss of the season in the opener at Iowa who pasted Florida in that year's Orange Bowl.

Last edited:
Reactions: 65bird
on ESPN now. Seems like a short time ago we were getting waxed by Big Ben and Miami of Ohio, but man we had some studs in the program that I'd forgotten about. Ledfors at QB, Bush was a frost, Gates, Ronnie Ghent, JR Russell. I've actually enjoyed watching it. Also makes me appreciate how far we've come as s program

I was there in 2003 and at the Marshall Game in 2002. Byron Leftwich and Marshall beat us 38 to 15.

Reactions: STLNBSE
I was at that game. Miami was an excellent team but we could not have covered their receivers with cargo nets. Wide, wide open all game long. New DC a few weeks laters.

Peace

Reactions: STLNBSE
on ESPN now. Seems like a short time ago we were getting waxed by Big Ben and Miami of Ohio, but man we had some studs in the program that I'd forgotten about. Lefors at QB, Bush was a frosh, Gates, Ronnie Ghent, JR Russell. I've actually enjoyed watching it. Also makes me appreciate how far we've come as s program

That game negatively impacted my life. First, Louisville got destroyed by Miami of Ohio. Next, this caused the &%*$&)*@&)*&@*)(& Pittsburgh *(&*&)*&%#*(#% Steelers to draft him and ruin my NFL life also.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT