ADVERTISEMENT

Geron Christian Declares...

Jul 27, 2010
Louisville, Louisville
..for the NFL draft. Huge blow to our oline. Rutherford just speculated on twitter that McNeil could possibly test the waters as well. I didn't even realize Christian was on anyone's draft radar or was even thinking about declaring early. Best of luck to the kid. Summers has his work cut out for him.

Yeah...not a good turn of events to a dramatically improved O-line, that could be a strength next year. Also not a good sign to a Heisman winning QB considering whether to stay or go.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Pretty sure McNeil will be turning pro as well. Fortunately we recruited the o-line really well last year. You have Thomas, Becton, Bell and Bentley as for sure starters. Got to have a couple guys step up. Starting lineup will be solid still but depth could be an issue.

That seems to be the consensus on Twitter as well. These guys are both much improved and solid lineman but I didn't realize they were both projected to be 2nd day draft picks. I guess I've been complaining about the defense and Sirmon too much haha.
Pretty sure McNeil will be turning pro as well. Fortunately we recruited the o-line really well last year. You have Thomas, Becton, Bell and Bentley as for sure starters. Got to have a couple guys step up. Starting lineup will be solid still but depth could be an issue.

Reactions: vegasville1
That seems to be the consensus on Twitter as well. These guys are both much improved and solid lineman but I didn't realize they were both projected to be 2nd day draft picks. I guess I've been complaining about the defense and Sirmon too much haha.
And/or Mr. Meadows as well as Tank Jenkins

Good luck to both of those guys, but both of those guys could use one more year under Summers. I believe it’s a mistake.

Reactions: BooneCo_Card
Really underscores the need for depth. Obviously they recruit at a lot higher level but, the way that Clemson rotated their OL during the game - often playing 8 or 9 guys - develops that depth and mitigates the loss when guys get hurt or, leave early. Plus guys are fresher in the 4th quarter.

It also might be a key in their recruiting process - if guys know that they’re going to get clock even if they’re not the starter - that’s a big plus to getting them to sign.

..for the NFL draft. Huge blow to our oline. Rutherford just speculated on twitter that McNeil could possibly test the waters as well. I didn't even realize Christian was on anyone's draft radar or was even thinking about declaring early. Best of luck to the kid. Summers has his work cut out for him.

Best wishes to Gerod. Dont think he'll get drafted, however its his life

Red and Black 4 life Gerod !

Just saw Samuel is transferring.

Football’s junior receiver Traveon Samuel has announced he will transfer from the program.

Samuel came to U of L as a four-star recruit and has totaled 746 receiving yards, two receiving touchdowns, 162 rushing yards and a rushing touchdown in his career at U of L.

He was also a returner for the Cardinals, averaging 21 yards a return on his 34 attempts with one touchdown.

Samuel has not announced which school he will attend next season.

This is what make building a program at Louisville so difficult. They don't have the luxury of recruiting in the top 20 year in and year out. Anytime starters leave early and in some cases prematurely it really is difficult for Louisville to easily replace them.

You can never have enough big guys, if there was one position I would over recruit is Oline and DLine. Try to find big guys that need development and have a 5 year plan for them.

Best wishes to Gerod. Dont think he'll get drafted, however its his life

Red and Black 4 life Gerod !
Agree with that Kerry. The recent years have lowered our expectations, but our Oline men, while big, need to improve greatly on their foot speed before they can help us and be a consideration for the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT