ADVERTISEMENT

Game week prediction

Finally, a thread discussing actual football. Thank you.

I will go with Louisville by 7.
UofL: 31
GT: 24

I’m with Wreckcard, we’re in for such a drubbing!! He says our kicker gets 4 FGs. Ha! We’ll never get close enough for a FG. Final score: GT 77, UL 0.

Beat Georgia Tech? Georgia Tech was an original member of the SEC! They won 5 SEC Football Championships (that’s 3 more than any school from Kentucky). Cards will be lucky to get a first down.

This transfer rich roster is definitely talented, but those new faces take time to blend within their individual units, and ultimately into a team. I believe this first game against GT will be more of a struggle than most expect. Aside from QB, the Jackets return a lot of returning starters, particularly on their OL.

Cards will run the ball and play action to our receivers. We will score 38 points.
‘Tech meanwhile after an evening meal at the Varsity will be slower than us. They will score some but
not enough. 17. Cards start season 1-0.

Cards start well, scoring twice in the 1st quarter. GT will start off slowly but get a score in the 2nd quarter making it 17 to 10 Cards at the half.

GT scores first in the 3rd quarter but the Cards will respond with 2 scores with the defense forcing a key TO for a 31 to 17 lead going into the 4th quarter.

GT will turn the ball over again in the 4th and the Cards will ultimately pull away for a 41 to 24 victory as GT scores a late TD.

Offense will be spotty but a few guys will stand out. The defense will show great potential, especially with causing turnovers, but GT will have some success running the ball.

Overall a good start, but still plenty to work on.

After the drubbing we received at the hands of Ga. Tech it will be announced that Jeff Brohm found the playbook left behind by Scott Satterfield. After spending hours reviewing the playbook, Brohm was quoted as saying…”Gold baby! Pure Gold!!!”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT