ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: WKU vs Cards

Our friends at the stadium might be getting wet tonight.

Lucky enough to be in the pressbox, so thankful it's finally time. All the months of clinched cheeks wondring if we're gonna have a season are up. Let's go!

I’m still clinched. Too funny Nick!

Poor start I hope the whole game isn’t this bad. I remember what Denny Crum used to say “ emotion controls the beginning of the game but eventually the the talent will take over”.

Reactions: PHCARD
God (or some unknown voice) just paged into the pressbox to let us know tight end Ean Pfiefer is the first player in Louisville history to score three touchdowns on his first three career receptions.

Thank you, God (or otherwise unknown voice).

Stats at the half:

Cunningham - 13/21, 229 yds, 2TD
Hawkins - 11car, 49 yds, 1TD
Hall - 4car, 59 yds
Tutu - 6rec, 66 yds
B. Smith - 3rec, 114 yds

Ean Pfiefer & Marshon Ford with 2TDs between them.

337 total yards gained by the offense.
120 yards given up by the defense.

Bad look on Lupo. Coach won’t be pleased when he sees that clip.

Might be time to join the trend and pick up a huge Aussie that can average 45+ a punt.

Oh, and catch the ball too.

The freshmen punter who is not on the field is from Acworth, Georgia he was high school Parade All American.

The freshmen punter who is not on the field is from Acworth, Georgia he was high school Parade All American.
Well - he needs a shot. The Lupo kid is having a terrible night. All that said - those Aussies are typically 25 years old. HS All American or not - tough for a 18 YO to compete with that.

I agree we need to do something about our punting game if we want to have a better season this year than last year. 2 of WKU’s TD’s came from the 5 yard line because of punting errors.

Why in the world are we snapping the ball - with the clock running - with 21 seconds on the play clock?

Biggest takeaways from attending the game...I am a responsible mask wearer when it‘s called for, but damn It sure gets hot trying to cheer a whole game wearing one. Also, the “Event Security” were making the rounds regularly reminding folks to put their mask on, and have it cover both their mouth AND nose. Second biggest takeaway,...there were plenty of empty areas to move closer to the action to, and nobody was checking for tickets when you did move down...which was kind of nice.

Reactions: Mayoman
Biggest takeaways from attending the game...I am a responsible mask wearer when it‘s called for, but damn It sure gets hot trying to cheer a whole game wearing one. Also, the “Event Security” were making the rounds regularly reminding folks to put their mask on, and have it cover both their mouth AND nose. Second biggest takeaway,...there were plenty of empty areas to move closer to the action to, and nobody was checking for tickets when you did move down...which was kind of nice.

How was the new PA guy? I would guess fans trying to cheer loud behind a mask is muffled?

How was the new PA guy? I would guess fans trying to cheer loud behind a mask is muffled?
He was fine. Couple of minor mistakes; expected for a first time, first game. I didn’t really notice much difference in the PA announcer, but the piped in crowd noise was odd; sometimes the cheering was out of time with what was going on on the field. The biggest downside for me in the new normal was you can’t high five after big plays...so you end up kind of air high fiving dudes who look your way after big plays. 😆

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT