ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread- CARDS vs Pitt

PHCARD

Apr 6, 2007
Go Cards! We need this road win to put that Miami loss (grumbles) behind us.

Cards right the boat and sail away with a hard fought 'W' like 34 - 30 nail biter. LoL Did I really say boat and sail in the same sentence? I forget I was not in the Navy but rather the AF. o_O ;):cool:

Reactions: PHCARD
Cards right the boat and sail away with a hard fought 'W' like 34 - 30 nail biter. LoL Did I really say boat and sail in the same sentence? I forget I was not in the Navy but rather the AF. o_O ;):cool:

Great, all I need is a nail biter. o_O

Reactions: Mayoman
All i'm going to say about this team get some dam SIZE on both lines plain and simple . Any team that's bigger or more physical will handle this team on both lines.

Reactions: teamcanada
I’m not seeing anyone mention it, so maybe it’s just me. Commercials are cutting in during game action. What the hell?

Pitt looks like they spend a little more time in the weight room than we do.

Bell and Bentley are perhaps most inept starting Guard / Center tandem of any power 5 team.

Must get TD off that TO. We are down 3 but it feels like 23.

Amazing how vegas knows things when they are right spread Pitt 3 . I think Vega will have an accurate feel for this team all season . I'm going to go with anything they say reagrding this team.

Proud of our players and coaches. The difference in winning and losing this game came down to Malik missing Tutu on 3 passes on the same drive that were just off. Considering the lack of a running game and protection it was predictable that Malik would struggle.

The Pitt defense is every bit as good as advertised and it’s a credit to our guys that we had a chance to win this game at the end. We’ll be fine.

Reactions: xslfyk4 and PHCARD
Both lines are not even average in the ACC matchups so far. Offense had the ball with plenty of time left to score to tie or go ahead at the end and failed. Hope the QB will be okay, but he took some hits today.

This team has plenty of room to grow but the ceiling is not very high this year. Did anyone really think that the REBUILD was gonna be quick and easy? Without better trench players the whippings are gonna happen. Might as well be realistic about it.

Today good defense beat good offense. Gotta have more from both sides of the ball to win. Simple as that.

Guess that depends on your definition of fine. Defense was atrocious, only ran 51 plays. Oline was bad in a spectacular way. Not seeing too many wins. This D vs a triple option offense in 2 weeks?

Both lines are not even average in the ACC matchups so far. Offense had the ball with plenty of time left to score to tie or go ahead at the end and failed. Hope the QB will be okay, but he took some hits today.

This team has plenty of room to grow but the ceiling is not very high this year. Did anyone really think that the REBUILD was gonna be quick and easy? Without better trench players the whippings are gonna happen. Might as well be realistic about it.

Today good defense beat good offense. Gotta have more from both sides of the ball to win. Simple as that.

Louisville has all the talent on offense to take the tops off of any defense. Was honestly waiting for Pitt to give up more plays because UL is so explosive. Pitts offense is not that great. I really hope Malik's injury isn't serious, I definitely love watching Louisville play. That offense is fun to watch. Prayers to Mailk and Louisville the rest of the way.

Reactions: xslfyk4
Going to take more than one year to build
Guess that depends on your definition of fine. Defense was atrocious, only ran 51 plays. Oline was bad in a spectacular way. Not seeing too many wins. This D vs a triple option offense in 2 weeks?
As in we’ll be fine in the future with this coaching staff. I just can’t believe that anyone thought that this year was going to be any different. Considering what Satterfield and co inherited, it’s was a damn miracle what we accomplished last year.

We are overwhelmed on both lines against quality opponents. That’s not a 1 or 2 year fix.

I actually thought the defense played better from last week.

Racking up dubious honors this season. Last week, it was Miami scoring the most points on the road against a ranked team since 2001. This week, it is Pitt’s first win against a ranked opponent while also being ranked since 2003. Sigh!

Very disappointed to have lost these last two, but I think the team has improved in each game. In each, we’ve had one unit that struggled: ST against WKU, defense against Miami, and today it was the offense. But today it seemed to me that the problems on offense were caused by a very good defense, not really our offense. The first two weeks, it was our mistakes that hurt us.

I like our chances in every game going forward if we can play like we did today.

When I think of today’s game, I think we were one play away. And I specifically mean the play where our secondary decided to avoid a late hit penalty by not tackling a player who they were sure was already down. The refs called it right ... it’s just disappointing to have that play turn out to be the difference.

Very disappointed to have lost these last two, but I think the team has improved in each game. In each, we’ve had one unit that struggled: ST against WKU, defense against Miami, and today it was the offense. But today it seemed to me that the problems on offense were caused by a very good defense, not really our offense. The first two weeks, it was our mistakes that hurt us.

I like our chances in every game going forward if we can play like we did today.

When I think of today’s game, I think we were one play away. And I specifically mean the play where our secondary decided to avoid a late hit penalty by not tackling a player who they were sure was already down. The refs called it right ... it’s just disappointing to have that play turn out to be the difference.

If I were on that field, I would have thought the guy was down, too. Play is over. It was so close! Heads up play by the Pitt player.

Reactions: xslfyk4
If I were on that field, I would have thought the guy was down, too. Play is over. It was so close! Heads up play by the Pitt player.
Actually I look at it differently. I think it is a product of poor tackling fundamentals. If you watch the 2nd half and notice how Pitt players tackle in open space, they drive and slam players to the ground. We had more than one instance where we try to throw a player down without wrapping up. It’s been a continuous thing with our defense going back several seasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT