ADVERTISEMENT

Ga Tech

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
These announcers begging for the home run. Hell,it hit the yellow stripe.
Vandy has the whistler and we have the clapper.

Tim Borden? Is that our former Tim Borden? (My tv has been muted). I don’t recall exactly when he was here.
Why oh why do our pitchers struggle so much?

Why in the hell do you allow your pitcher to walk three straight batters before pulling him out? How do you actually walk three straight batters in a row?

Reactions: rh62531
Hate to bag on Hump,so I won't. Ball must be carrying today. He normally would make that play.

Why in the hell do you allow your pitcher to walk three straight batters before pulling him out? How do you actually walk three straight batters in a row?
CDM over past few years has lost his zeal in winning. Allows pitchers to stay in too long when they do not have it, more defense lapses, too any first pitch swinging for the fences,...

I think Louisville players agree with a few on this board. This game is meaningless.

Had to turn the TV off. I am going to play solitaire with a deck of 51. 😜

Reactions: Bardman
I think Louisville players agree with a few on this board. This game is meaningless.

Had to turn the TV off. I am going to play solitaire with a deck of 51. 😜
RPI updated thru yesterday's games shows us now as 10 seed(D1 rankings) dropping from 7. If this holds,yes this game is meaningless.
Yesterday was the game.

Having said that,if the Cards can mount a comeback here and get this done it could be a huge momentum shifter for this club going into Regional play.

There just doesn’t seem to be much life with our squad IMO. Still time; but, they don’t seem overly engaged. At the end of the day…if our pitchers walk guys and fall behind in counts we are going to pay.

This has been one of the worst offensive performances I have seen all year. All of two hits thru 6 innings. Still holding on to hope for a miracle.

Reactions: rh62531
Cards are limping into regional play. So many poor at bats today especially with runners on base. Seemingly a lack of focus at the plate with no patience, bad swings, etc. Very disappointing especially when the game is not out of reach.

Bases loaded, senior Captain at bat and he swings at the first pitch he sees. Show some damn patience. Bianco has been stroking the ball why not wait on a good pitch AHhhhhhhhh

B8, bases loaded, 2 out - G6
T9, bases loaded, 2 out - 2B, 3 runs scored

Baseball is a cruel game.

We should be at home for Regionals, so there's that. Nothing would surprise me - 0-2 quick exit; 3-0 Regional win; anything in between.

Reactions: Bardman
Hard to figure out but I have seen better effort during the Pizza Series games in the fall. In fact, it seemed like an intrasquad scrimmage.

I am so disappointed! Earned the #2 seed in the ACC tourney just to flame out. Not sure how this team will perform going forward.

Look at the lineups; how many college baseball teams playing in the conference tournaments are without their starting shortstop? CDM is using this ACC as an opportunity to get as many players some experience.

This ends one chapter, and now we begin a new one that is truly about elimination. UL is not much different than the other top rated teams in the country.

Look at the lineups; how many college baseball teams playing in the conference tournaments are without their starting shortstop? CDM is using this ACC as an opportunity to get as many players some experience.

This ends one chapter, and now we begin a new one that is truly about elimination. UL is not much different than the other top rated teams in the country.
How ironic.. Half the people on this board didn’t think he needed to be the SS, but now we can’t win without him? It’s baseball. I don’t go around looking for excuses.

There's a couple of ways to look at this.
Typically,we roam that top 1-5 area RPI and the ACC is meaningless. Not the case this year,thus the moves late in the Pitt game to try and get that one. The decision not to start Poland was a risk to get JP a little more rest and have him available for Saturday.
The other thing is,I wouldn't classify this Cardinal team as being hot going into Regional play. It would've been sweet to see them get to Saturday and use those last 2 games to get a little warmer going into next week.
I just don't think there's a button you can push next week and get hot,but my hope is that the veterans and coaches know what buttons to push to hopefully get hot in the Regional.
We have no choice now but to throw out the game yesterday and fine tune this thing in the next week.

I'm sorry to say I don't think we will get out of the regional. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose both games.

Reactions: Deeva
I doubt that. Based on who is in our regional will obviously make all the difference. I certainly don’t see them losing both games though. Playing at home and not against very solid ACC competition-I like our chances.

Reactions: Deeva
Man I think anything is possible. It's basebal. I wish we could rely on the arms that are gonna be needed to advance. I'd feel a whole lot better about guys not getting good at bats all the time.
Should be fun😋

I doubt that. Based on who is in our regional will obviously make all the difference. I certainly don’t see them losing both games though. Playing at home and not against very solid ACC competition-I like our chances.
Well I don't. Did you think we would lose both games in pool play? I hope I'm wrong but I forsee something like 4 to 2 loss in Poland's start and a 9 to 4 loss in the elimination game.

Again, I hope I'm wrong.

No, I thought they could take the one necessary game and they’d be playing today. Yet, oftentimes like the basketball tourneys- the results can really help a team but often don’t penalize a team (too much). A lot of good teams were losing games in their tourneys. I think they will come back next weekend very focused and ready to play.

Reactions: Mayoman
Based on who is in our regional will obviously make all the difference. I
UK trying to play their way into our Regional. Nothing quite like the cats to get the juices going.
EKU put up a valid fight trying to get there as well but falls to Liberty.
I'm expecting to see the winner of that ASun game today in our region next week.

UK trying to play their way into our Regional. Nothing quite like the cats to get the juices going.
EKU put up a valid fight trying to get there as well but falls to Liberty.
I'm expecting to see the winner of that ASun game today in our region next week.
The kitties are hot right now beating 6-7 top rpi teams.. Not sure I want them in our Regional..

The kitties are hot right now beating 6-7 top rpi teams.. Not sure I want them in our Regional..
I am. We own them. Lol
Seriously though, they might be just what we need. If we can't get past them,what's the point anyway? We're not good enough to take a Super. Bring em on!

I am. We own them. Lol
Seriously though, they might be just what we need. If we can't get past them,what's the point anyway? We're not good enough to take a Super. Bring em on!
We own them? I think Mac’s record is barely over .500 against them in head to head.

I don't want an easy path anywhere,anyhow.
A regional with the Yuts in it is just what they need. If they can't get it going and get past uk,so be it.

Latest projections had Vandy and UConn in our regional. Damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT