ADVERTISEMENT

Fun Thought Experiment

Cardinal Cash

Four-Star Poster
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2016
You are a rivals 150 high school recruit.

Everything about your life is the same. The only difference is your extremely talented in football or basketball (take your pick)

You get 5 official visits. You don’t have to take all of them. But have some fun with it.

Which schools to you go see? Who are the coaches you see yourself playing for (coaches at the time you were in school).

I’ll lead off:

Sport: Football
OV’s
Florida State (Father’s alma Mater) - Coach Jimbo Fisher

Louisville (Brother was a Junior at U of L when I was a senior) - Coach - Charlie Strong/Bobby Petrino

Mississippi State (Recommended to go visit from my school’s director) - Dan Mullen

Ole Miss (a few older high school friends were there and can visit same weekend as MSU) - Coach - Hugh Freeze

I did actually visit all of these universities when trying to decide where to go to for school, so had to mimic my actual process (everything’s the same remember)

But my final “fun” visit just to go see some place is UT (Texas). - Coach Mack Brown/Charlie Strong

of all these coaches I think I see myself gelling with Dan Mullen the most. I’ve heard nothing but
great things about the man. I also did love my visit to MSU when I visited. Great campus and pretty fun “college town”.

Growing up I wanted to play for FSU but Fisher is somewhat of an arrogant hot head as is Bobby P. It would be a tough decision. Wouldn’t really know where I’d end up but what made me choose Louisville was being closer to family along with the financial decision (which wouldn’t be a factor here). But I absolutely loved everything about U of L while I was there. Wouldn’t change a thing. Just don’t know if I could handle Bobby P (although I would have graduated before 2-10 ;) )

Reactions: Hcollett
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News