ADVERTISEMENT

FSU Nation; maybe you better set your sights a little lower on the way out

Lol damn you guys sound like a bunch of jealous people. Your talking about program with National Championships that are in a hot bed of recruiting, who beats UF routinely and handled LSU.
And if we were in their position you can bet your ass that we would be screaming to move up. We’ve done it more than just about any University.
As for UNC, UVA, and NCSU now they’re the jokes in all this, but I don’t fault them for trying. We on the other hand are screwed if the ACC implodes, which it will.

Lol damn you guys sound like a bunch of jealous people. Your talking about program with National Championships that are in a hot bed of recruiting, who beats UF routinely and handled LSU.
And if we were in their position you can bet your ass that we would be screaming to move up. We’ve done it more than just about any University.
As for UNC, UVA, and NCSU now they’re the jokes in all this, but I don’t fault them for trying. We on the other hand are screwed if the ACC implodes, which it will.
Tell me - where will these "powers" be going ? :rolleyes:🤔

I am not sold on ACC imploding. Let’s see how the landscape changes in the SEC and Big 10 conferences the next couple years with new teams. Do they end up eating themselves or keep the status quo? The windows for success is going to tied to schedules.

FSU brings eyeballs but they also bring a threat to the Big Ten power structure. They aren’t going to SEC. There is no reason to let the fox in the hen house without significantly more $$$. Do we really know if FSU or any ACC team is wanted? It not like anyone outside if FSU brings that much move value.

FSU needs to remember why they chose the ACC over SEC in the 90’s. It gave them a better path to National Championships. Bowden was right then and he is right now.

Last edited:
CardFirst; your response and your perspective is totally misdirected; and I can assure you that I have no envy of FSU, Clemson or UNC.

As far as your inference “about FSU‘s National Championships”, it has absolutely no relevance to either the present, or the future; which only suggests that you are the one harboring some sense of jealousy. Your argument is just as weak as if UL applied that same rationale about our present and future position in college basketball based on our 1980 and 1986 National Championships. In truth, neither FSU nor UL can rely on past history to advance its future opportunities.

FSU‘s plan to leave the ACC is predicated on two premises; one is pure greed in obtaining more revenue, and the other is the hope that it can win a NC. I understand their desire for more money, as that is a reasonable goal for its University. However, there is no evidence that FSU will ever increase its chances to win a NC by moving out of the ACC. In fact, most would agree that it will lose more games when competing against either SEC or BIG teams.

Losing by 60 points to UGA last night only confirms that FSU did not belong in the NC conversation.

CardFirst; your response and your perspective is totally misdirected; and I can assure you that I have no envy of FSU, Clemson or UNC.

As far as your inference “about FSU‘s National Championships”, it has absolutely no relevance to either the present, or the future; which only suggests that you are the one harboring some sense of jealousy. Your argument is just as weak as if UL applied that same rationale about our present and future position in college basketball based on our 1980 and 1986 National Championships. In truth, neither FSU nor UL can rely on past history to advance its future opportunities.

FSU‘s plan to leave the ACC is predicated on two premises; one is pure greed in obtaining more revenue, and the other is the hope that it can win a NC. I understand their desire for more money, as that is a reasonable goal for its University. However, there is no evidence that FSU will ever increase its chances to win a NC by moving out of the ACC. In fact, most would agree that it will lose more games when competing against either SEC or BIG teams.

Losing by 60 points to UGA last night only confirms that FSU did not belong in the NC conversation.
That was varsity vs JV scrimmage. It went the way you would expect. I just wonder- what happens to all these guys “prepping for the draft” if they get injured during that prep? It happens. If I’m a GM there’s no way I draft a kid who puts himself before his teammates and walks out on them when they have a chance at a 14-0 season and a legitimate NC claim. That’s weak. The odds of injury in a game must be only slightly greater than injury working out before combine/ pro day. Why not compete?

I think going forward, if you want to see college football, you’ll need to watch the service academies and Ivy League football.

“10,000 men of Harvard, want victory to-day….!” Just getting ready.

Reactions: KozmasAgain

lol. Well here’s the issue somehow I inadvertently made this post on the wrong thread. So that statement was not intended for you. So I will not respond. How I did that I do not know.

No problem CF; I have done the same thing on occasions as well. Happy New Year!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT