ADVERTISEMENT

FSU/Louisville is a Noon Kickoff.

SchmidtyNole

5000+
Feb 19, 2007
It was just announced that the FSU/Louisville game on September 17 will be a Noon kickoff and will air on National TV on ABC. How do Cards fans feel about that?

Reactions: Cue Card
I'm happy to have the game scheduled.

I'd prefer a night time slot. Or 4pm.

The atmosphere was pretty good for that night game vs Miami FLA a few years ago, and ESPN was here to show it. I guess there are only so many slots available.

Reactions: American Male
I'm happy to have the game scheduled.

I'd prefer a night time slot. Or 4pm.

The atmosphere was pretty good for that night game vs Miami FLA a few years ago, and ESPN was here to show it. I guess there are only so many slots available.
Well, if you look at the Schedule, Oklahoma plays Ohio State that day. So you'd figure that would be the 8 PM ABC slot. Alabama/Ole Miss will probably be the 3:30 PM CBS slot. If you put FSU/Louisville at 3:30 PM on ABC, that is usually a Regional slot and you'd also be competing with Alabama/Ole Miss. The only way it'd be a night game is if ESPN or ESPN 2 was showing the game. But usually the bigger games are on ABC rather than ESPN. So unless Louisville/FSU outfought Oklahoma/Ohio State for the 8 PM ABC slot, Noon on ABC being televised Nationally is the next best thing.

For instance, Oklahoma/Houston in Week 1 is a Noon game on ABC. Noon on ABC televised nationally is actually one of the bigger time slots.

As an FSU fan I won't complain. Cards fans would probably be more riled up at night. Lol!

Last edited:
I guess this seals the deal about College GameDay being here. :(
I think as Louisville keeps growing their program it will eventually happen. By that I mean Louisville just needs to get to where they are a perennial Top 10 or Top 5 team rather than a Top 15 or Top 20 type of team. In other words Louisville needs to get to where they have their 2013 team almost every single year. If they do that then eventually a FSU/Louisville or a Clemson/Louisville College Gameday at Papa Johns will happen. It has just been in recent years as FSU and Clemson started surging that FSU/Clemson has gotten College Gameday consistently. Back in 2009 that wasn't happening.

Last edited:
Well, if you look at the Schedule, Oklahoma plays Ohio State that day. So you'd figure that would be the 8 PM ABC slot. Alabama/Ole Miss will probably be the 3:30 PM CBS slot. If you put FSU/Louisville at 3:30 PM on ABC, that is usually a Regional slot and you'd also be competing with Alabama/Ole Miss. The only way it'd be a night game is if ESPN or ESPN 2 was showing the game. But usually the bigger games are on ABC rather than ESPN. So unless Louisville/FSU outfought Oklahoma/Ohio State for the 8 PM ABC slot, Noon on ABC being televised Nationally is the next best thing.

For instance, Oklahoma/Houston in Week 1 is a Noon game on ABC. Noon on ABC televised nationally is actually one of the bigger time slots.

As an FSU fan I won't complain. Cards fans would probably be more riled up at night. Lol!

To be blunt, I frankly could care less about those games as it applies to the Louisville/FSU game. The noon kickoffs are buzzkills, and judging by the sparsity of the crowd in Tallahassee for our noon kickoff last year it isn't any different down there.

Follow the money. :rolleyes:

This has become classic Tail wags Dog.

The schools have the product but TV tells them how, and when, they (the schools) are going to use it.

If UL & FSU said "keep the money, we're playing when us and our fans want to play" ......:but we won't because the conference $ay$ $o, and the $chool$ won't $ay no.

The fans are the very LAST thought to any of them. They have the season ticket money, so who cares if we show up?

This is why people are deciding to buy 72" HD TV's and DVRs, and not just in Louisville. There are growing numbers of empty seats all over.

If the truth were known, this is the result the TV people really want. Eyes on TVs. Not butts in seats.

I'm still going, but they're sure making it easier all the time to just say no.

Well, Louisville winning....it just isn't in the Cards. Noles draw the Royal Flush with this game....in Spades. ;)
I like our team's capability of going up to Louisville and taking care of business. But make no mistake about it, Louisville isn't getting Sleeper Playoff contender recognition for no reason. They are good and they return 17 starters including a QB who if he continues to improve his passing to go with his mobility will give everyone fits. I think our speed on D gives us a better chance to contain him but he had a very good game against us last year and will be even better this year. And Louisville has a lot of players projected to be drafted off their Defense this year too. This will be a huge challenge to go on the road and beat them.

Another game I'll be missing. Beginning to wonder why I keep renewing my tickets.

No disrespect meant but why? You're obviously a long time fan and per your post you have tickets. You're not going to a home game against FSU because it kicks off at noon? I'm coming down from Cincinnati. I'll leave at 6 am to tailgate. I prefer later starts but I'm not about to miss a home game where the Cards might very well put themselves into the playoff picture with a win.

Beat Houston and FSU, or Clemson, and we get a bigger national audience next year that is necessary for those broadcasts. It's our's to take.

Reactions: American Male
No disrespect meant but why? You're obviously a long time fan and per your post you have tickets. You're not going to a home game against FSU because it kicks off at noon? I'm coming down from Cincinnati. I'll leave at 6 am to tailgate. I prefer later starts but I'm not about to miss a home game where the Cards might very well put themselves into the playoff picture with a win.

I have never met mwats, but I know enough to know he is not just skipping because of the time of the kickoff. My guess is work or kids' sports. Otherwise, the guy is there.

I now work on Saturdays until 2:00. I have some time to find a way around it.

I know that Louisville's fans will not show up to fill the seats at ANY Noon game. INCLUDING THIS ONE. We will put about 42,000 in the seats and report 54,000 sold attendance. The difference in no-shows is going to be the college students (those who don't show up and those who are still drunk and have stayed up until 5AM from the night before), the parents/families with sports-kids (constantly growing numbers), and losing the younger casual fans who mostly come here to drink with their buddies at the tailgates and stagger into the game at the end of the first quarter.

The flip side is that dedicated Noles who can travel will be able to gobble up unused and underpriced tickets and can come up the night before and have a good time, then go to the game and sit in some great seats.

FSU has a great national following and a lot of Nole fans will drive in from all over the midwest/south and be able to get great seats for cheap.

It was just announced that the FSU/Louisville game on September 17 will be a Noon kickoff and will air on National TV on ABC. How do Cards fans feel about that?
I love it because the game is on my birthday. What a great birthday gift from the college football Gods! :D

While I am bummed about (most likely) not having Gameday here for that week, the FSU/UL game will be nationally televised on ABC, so that's a plus with the hype that Action Jackson is getting, may further his push for the Heisman if he has a good game and we upset FSU.

Gman I have to respectfully disagree on your "attendance" comments above. There will be between 50kl and 54k within 5 to 6 minutes after ko. Just my own opinion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Traffic for a big noon game has been a major problem in the last big one I recall...the Kentucky game two years ago; I know we didn't get into our seats until they were kicking off.

I'm like mwatson; the noon kickoffs are costly for me and are reason one why I dropped my four ticket season ticket package and Green lot pass this year. A noon game costs me about $200 in lost tickets; my kids both play club soccer in the Fall and it's a guarantee I won't have four butts in the seats. I've just bought a Flight Deck ticket for myself for the season and dropped the rest of the package.

Gman I have to respectfully disagree on your "attendance" comments above. There will be between 50kl and 54k within 5 to 6 minutes after ko. Just my own opinion.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!
I'll buy you a beer if you're right!

Reactions: gocds
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT