ADVERTISEMENT

From the main board...

LOL at Farrell. It would be tough to win a B1G title at Purdue and they wouldn’t be in contention regularly, but if Wisconsin can contend then so can Purdue.

Last edited:
LOL at Farrell. It would be tough to win a B1G title at Purdue and they wouldn’t be in contention regularly, but it Wisconsin can contend then so can Purdue.
Purdue also has the clear advantage of being the only Big Ten West school with a protected rivalry and it is with Indiana. Brohm has Purdue competing for the B1G West title this year and has only brought in one of his recruiting classes so far.

LOL at Farrell. It would be tough to win a B1G title at Purdue and they wouldn’t be in contention regularly, but if Wisconsin can contend then so can Purdue.
1gym9x.jpg

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Purdue also has the clear advantage of being the only Big Ten West school with a protected rivalry and it is with Indiana. Brohm has Purdue competing for the B1G West title this year and has only brought in one of his recruiting classes so far.
1gym9x.jpg

Purdue is a low rung program, just an ugly duckling for sure. The Purdue people think they can hold JB and it's not happening because he's too good for that bunch.

Reactions: wilkie01
And it’s best player Rondell Moore would come with him back to Louisville, his proclaimed “Dream School”.

Purdue is a low rung program, just an ugly duckling for sure. The Purdue people think they can hold JB and it's not happening because he's too good for that bunch.

@td75 where you been?

Guys just so you know, this guy is an Indiana fan. When we were 0-3 you couldn’t stay off our board could you TD? Now that we are 4-3 you’re on a milk carton on our board and you’re hiding on your board and here ... we are a low run program? Lean in bro... the local pop warner game in my town had more fans than the end of Penn State at Indiana.

Just tell me TD, where have you been bro?

Where ya been TD? Only time I see you is at Mcdonalds when you're burning my fries.

Can you guys take the hoser- boiler stuff to your own boards, please?

I just think it’s funny that his name doesn’t indicate that he’s an IU fan and he, a fan of the worst P5 program of all time, is on here trying to act anonymous talking about how we suck.

@td75 I’m getting your amber alert ready now

So if he doesn’t leave for Louisville In January you’ll let us post over here without banning us?

As long as your respectful, youll never get a ban on here.
This isnt a cayuts board.

Whether its this year or next, Brohm will leave Purdue to coach UofL.

Everything is falling into place.
You and the others make sure to come back over here when Brohm is named Head Coach in December.

We'll still pull for you guys in the oaken bucket game. Always do. Especially this year because that will be Brohms LAST game against IU in gold n black.

I do appreciate you allowing the banter back and forth and you are correct about the UK board. We landed a 5* basketball recruit that they guaranteed they’d get if they offered a scholarship and after a few posts over there, they decided they didn’t want to hear anything other than how great the Wildcats are and that they’d land a better prospect eventually anyways.

If you agree to leave our coach alone, we have a deal!
First of all, no body wants IU’s coach. Secondly, Jeff is not you dad, brother, or son. He’s a football coach who’s likely to go elsewhere at some point. Maybe that’s Louisville, maybe someplace else.
Third, you do have your own board, right?

Would you rather try beating Clemson & FL St every year to win their division or Wisconsin, Iowa & Nebraska?

Whether its this year or next, Brohm will leave Purdue to coach UofL.

Everything is falling into place.
You and the others make sure to come back over here when Brohm is named Head Coach in December.

We'll still pull for you guys in the oaken bucket game. Always do. Especially this year because that will be Brohms LAST game against IU in gold n black.

I think Brohm May coach in Louisville. It just won’t be this time around ... he’s not leaving Rondale Moore and George Karlaftis to go to a school with no endowment, buyouts galore, lawsuits against the AD (pitino) and whose benefactor that brought you to glory has been sent to the hills as a disgraced racist. But we will see.

I will tell you this. No matter what Brohm does, I will respect him forever. If there were more coaches and people like him, NCAA division one football would be a better place.

There’s been an amber alert out for you all day.. don’t pretend you don’t see me now.. you’ve seen me asking when your tired ass is gonna come back to GBI.

Hey, how’s your precious east division looking now that we just routed Ohio State like we used to route you in the tiller era?

Actually to be fair we scored 49 on Ohio State but they got 20. In 2004, we BEAT YOU BY 49 lol

I think Brohm May coach in Louisville. It just won’t be this time around ... he’s not leaving Rondale Moore and George Karlaftis to go to a school with no endowment, buyouts galore, lawsuits against the AD (pitino) and whose benefactor that brought you to glory has been sent to the hills as a disgraced racist. But we will see.

I will tell you this. No matter what Brohm does, I will respect him forever. If there were more coaches and people like him, NCAA division one football would be a better place.

Quit being naive.
All that crap will work itself out.
It didnt stop Coach Mack leaving a number one seeded team to come to a NIT team.

Maybe you can understand this.
If Petrino was a Purdue alumnist or former assistant there, we Cards fans would fully understand him leaving UofL to go to a program trending down. We wouldn't like it, but would accept it.

This is Brohms home.
He is a legacy.
He has been wanting AND planning to be Head Coach here since the 90s.
The time is now.

Reactions: earsky
Quit being naive.
All that crap will work itself out.
It didnt stop Coach Mack leaving a number one seeded team to come to a NIT team.

Maybe you can understand this.
If Petrino was a Purdue alumnist or former assistant there, we Cards fans would fully understand him leaving UofL to go to a program trending down. We wouldn't like it, but would accept it.

This is Brohms home.
He is a legacy.
He has been wanting AND planning to be Head Coach here since the 90s.
The time is now.

I don’t contest he will go home. He’s 47. He doesn’t have to now and now is a terrible time. He’d be leaving a school that is armed to the hilt to go to a school in peril. Louisville could clean up, and after 3 years with an in between coach, be in a great situation. Brohm would be 50...

Barry Alvarez turned Wisconsin into a power ... in 2002 Nebraska started a downhill slide. Alvarez went to Nebraska. He never left Wisconsin to go fix Nebraska

Maybe to the conference title game but every team’s goal is the CFP. To get there, Purdue will most likely always face an OSU, Michigan or Penn State.

We just routed OSU. Last year when Brohm played Michigan in like game 4 of his Purdue tenure, with absolutely no players, he was up 13-10 well into the third quarter. And next year we are going to route Penn State. Penn State is about to get smacked around by Iowa tomorrow. They’ve lost that toughness over the years. Just like Ohio State ..

On an off topic side note, Purdue was more physical than Ohio State last week other than perhaps their DL. Purdue took their heart and was the more physical team. A lot of the big ten powers are actually less physical than Michigan State.

Wait till you see next year when Brohm gets George Karlaftis... a 5 Star SSDE who absolutely is not following Brohm to Louisville (were Brohm to leave, if Karlaftis left, it would be to Michigan)

We just routed OSU. Last year when Brohm played Michigan in like game 4 of his Purdue tenure, with absolutely no players, he was up 13-10 well into the third quarter. And next year we are going to route Penn State. Penn State is about to get smacked around by Iowa tomorrow. They’ve lost that toughness over the years. Just like Ohio State ..

On an off topic side note, Purdue was more physical than Ohio State last week other than perhaps their DL. Purdue took their heart and was the more physical team. A lot of the big ten powers are actually less physical than Michigan State.

Wait till you see next year when Brohm gets George Karlaftis... a 5 Star SSDE who absolutely is not following Brohm to Louisville (were Brohm to leave, if Karlaftis left, it would be to Michigan)
Nebraska will be back. So will Wisconsin. Iowa is always tough, especially at their place. The B1G West will not be easy going forward.

I don’t contest he will go home. He’s 47. He doesn’t have to now and now is a terrible time. He’d be leaving a school that is armed to the hilt to go to a school in peril. Louisville could clean up, and after 3 years with an in between coach, be in a great situation. Brohm would be 50...

Barry Alvarez turned Wisconsin into a power ... in 2002 Nebraska started a downhill slide. Alvarez went to Nebraska. He never left Wisconsin to go fix Nebraska

Its never a terrible time to go home.
If Brohm was coaching this years team, theyd be 5,-2 or 6-1.

If Brohm had coached last years team, they would have been 10-2.

If Brohm had coached the 16 team, they would have been 10-2, 11-1 or even won the Atlantic.

Are you seeing the pattern ?
Brohm is what Petrino used to be.

Instead of waiting for UofL to have back to back 4 win seasons, he can come , will come here next year and win 8 or more games.

Nebraska will be back. So will Wisconsin. Iowa is always tough, especially at their place. The B1G West will not be easy going forward.

Nothing in quality football ever is. If someone calls the ACC easy, that’s about the time you can bet on diminished chances to make the playoff no? The big ten West is doable. Nebraska’s recruiting has barely been better than Purdue .. why? Because Brohm can recruit Kentucky as well from West Lafayette as he can from louisville, and big ten membership makes him more relevant in those stats as well.

You sound like the kitties that just beat Florida for the first time in forever. Truth is Purdue does seem to give OSU some trouble but don’t proclaim yourselves Big 10 Champions yet.

You sound like the kitties that just beat Florida for the first time in forever. Truth is Purdue does seem to give OSU some trouble but don’t proclaim yourselves Big 10 Champions yet.

We don’t need to sniff that title this year for things to be going really well

Jeff really doesn't strike me as a guy like Petrino was his first stint here or even like Schnellenberger when he was mentoring Jeff...like he has a cab waiting to get him to the airport with the next destination being an NFL job. I would say realistically that he would have NFL aspirations, but that time would be 7 to 10 years off and I think that is where the one Rivals scribe misses the mark. He could have jumped for Alabama and didn't...maybe he regrets it but he seemed to take a pragmatic approach and say he wasn't ready for that cauldron when it happened.

If Jeff is like most Louisvillians of the Catholic school ilk there is an allure to coming home that is unique; I being a Catholic who is a tranplant from outside of Jefferson Co find it both fascinating and a little offputting at times and I guess you'd have to experience it to understand what I'm saying. I mean where else but in Louisville does everybody know that the Brohms all went to St. Bernard for God's sakes? His roots here are obviously exceptionally deep.

Wow, Purdue fans are hoping and praying, that we do not hire Jeff Brohm. They are trolling for a sign of Jeff staying at Purdue. After the Kentucky game, look for a Purdue Fan suicide alert!

Reactions: KerryRhodes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT