ADVERTISEMENT

Free throws

rockycard

Four-Star Poster
Jan 8, 2007
You don’t beat anyone on the road when you shoot 7-15 from the line. This team still has a good chance to be really good, but not shooting free throws like that.

Reactions: shadow force
You don’t beat anyone on the road when you shoot 7-15 from the line. This team still has a good chance to be really good, but not shooting free throws like that.
This team still lacks identity at the PG position. We have a couple of guys that can do some good things from time to time but are not consistent. There will be other games that Nwora probably doesn’t show up or has a bad game. We have to find a way to get other players involved. Enoch, Kimble and Sutton were positives but not enough help.

You could argue that was the difference in the game. I mean yeah there is a lot going on out there that can be discussed. But the Cards actually shot 9-20 FT in the box I just looked at, and that is, as you point out, atrocious.

Reactions: teamcanada
Many of us thought this was a RP problem. Seems it wasn't.

In fact I recall this season YTD as being a OMG we can hit FT year.

It comes down to mental toughness. Execution when it matters most. We didn’t hit the ones we needed to make and we didn’t score baskets when we needed to put UK away.

That was our issue last year and the year before. We can’t get over the UVA hump. We blew the Duke game. We were no shows against Minnesota.

We have a good team and good gameplans, but you have to execute when it matters most. Execution comes from mentally tough teams.

Today Enoch, Sutton, and Fresh showed that toughness.

Reactions: Mayoman
This team still lacks identity at the PG position. We have a couple of guys that can do some good things from time to time but are not consistent. There will be other games that Nwora probably doesn’t show up or has a bad game. We have to find a way to get other players involved. Enoch, Kimble and Sutton were positives but not enough help.
I think we all know going forward who the PG is going to be this year. It's going to be Fresh Kimble.

Getting back to the OP. The FT % is even worse than what was posted. The Cards hit 9 out of 20 for 45%. UofK hit 21 out of 25 for 84%. That's the ball game.

Reactions: vivid_red
True. Neutral floor, that game turns out different.
I can only say that any neutral court that is not on our own court will be heavily attended by the blue rednecks. If our guys can’t hit pressure free throws, it doesn’t matter where we play them, sadly enough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT