ADVERTISEMENT

Former UK OC Dawson to Southern Miss as OC

Steelers2012

Jan 5, 2012
It's being reported that former UK offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson is being hired as the new OC at Southern Mississippi. Why is this news, you ask? Because UK's first game next season is with none other than...Southern Miss. Wow, talk about motivation to get a win. That will have The Lair buzzing all summer long.

WKU would still beat them both. I can't blame the uk fans for looking for hope, but as we all know (Kraggy), the head coaching can make any coordinator look like ish.

It's being reported that former UK offensive coordinator Shannon Dawson is being hired as the new OC at Southern Mississippi. Why is this news, you ask? Because UK's first game next season is with none other than...Southern Miss. Wow, talk about motivation to get a win. That will have The Lair buzzing all summer long.
LOVE IT!!!

With the coaching changes it will add extra spice to the USM and UL game next year.

With the coaching changes it will add extra spice to the USM and UL game next year.
Not really from a fans point of view, but I could see it from the coaching staffs. I don't think that Petrino is bothered by the fact that Lamar went to Kentucky, but the way it was portrayed will probably stick in his crawl. Lamar wasn't going to be here next year anyway, the media played it up differently though.

Dawson takes over a high powered offense with a returning senior QB who threw for 4,000 yards and was CUSA player of the year. We will soon see if Dawson was the problem, or Stoops was the problem. If USM wins that game, the meltdown in Lexington will be unreal.

Reactions: im2fast4u06
How can "spice" be added to an annual drubbing? Might get Petrino to go ahead and punch it in with two seconds left.

LPT Football: Basketball starts in November...

Reactions: 65bird and gocds
How can "spice" be added to an annual drubbing? Might get Petrino to go ahead and punch it in with two seconds left.

LPT Football: Basketball starts in November...

AND a big existing lead! I sure as hell hope so. I don't like USM but they'll have my rooting interest on that first game next season. GO EAGLES.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT