ADVERTISEMENT

Former Kentucky player was suspended for taking money from an agent

Just heard on Lach lames show they settle this with the NCAA no games lost amazing!! I just like to know how this went an entire year and none of the local media reported on this. Hell if a U of L player breaks a hang nail they all over it . Hyprocrites

Not surprising. Also not surprising UK getting the kids that they do especially with this Morrow guy. He gets there and all of the sudden they are going against schools like Bama, Georgia, OSU. Yeah OK. Nothing to see here. LOL

Not surprising. Also not surprising UK getting the kids that they do especially with this Morrow guy. He gets there and all of the sudden they are going against schools like Bama, Georgia, OSU. Yeah OK. Nothing to see here. LOL
He the second coming of Claude Bassettt Marrow has cheating written all over him

Reactions: David Gilmour
The NCAA doesn't get away with anything if you sue them. Arbitrarily punishing--as this would represent--is a good basis for a suit.

Instead, we opted to remove banners. We have nothing to complain about...

NCAAs%20Sword_zpsprqvxgxu.jpg

The right thing to do was to cooperate with NCAA. The right thing to do was to take corrective actions to prevent future issues. The wrong thing was to think the NCAA would not fold to public pressure. The moral of the story is doing the right thing isn't always the best approach which is disappointing on so many levels.

Yep, competing with Bama, UGA, ND etc. for 2* Josh Allen, 3* Benny Snell, and 3*'s all over the team.

The NCAA doesn't get away with anything if you sue them. Arbitrarily punishing--as this would represent--is a good basis for a suit.

Instead, we opted to remove banners. We have nothing to complain about...

NCAAs%20Sword_zpsprqvxgxu.jpg
If your point is that LPT got away with this basically Scott-free, while UofL or other schools are punished far more severely, I agree that it would be the basis for a suit against the NCAA by other, more severely punished institutions. The problem is that as a member, you sign up to obey the rules and don't get a guarantee of fairness. You just have to take whatever punishment is meted out. I still think if we had lawyered up like UNC, we'd still have our banner. I admire them for that. Not for the 10 years of academic fraud, but for standing up to the NCAA.

If your point is that LPT got away with this basically Scott-free, while UofL or other schools are punished far more severely, I agree that it would be the basis for a suit against the NCAA by other, more severely punished institutions. The problem is that as a member, you sign up to obey the rules and don't get a guarantee of fairness. You just have to take whatever punishment is meted out. I still think if we had lawyered up like UNC, we'd still have our banner. I admire them for that. Not for the 10 years of academic fraud, but for standing up to the NCAA.
The NCAA does NOT get to do what it wants. I'd like to see where that's spelled out in NCAA policy. They cannot arbitrarily say that you're going to be punished for the same offense that someone will not be.

And when I say "not" and "cannot", I'm not saying they won't try. I'm saying that they can't defend that decision making, and that no court is going to say they don't have to. You just have to escalate it to that level...

The NCAA does NOT get to do what it wants. I'd like to see where that's spelled out in NCAA policy. They cannot arbitrarily say that you're going to be punished for the same offense that someone will not be.

And when I say "not" and "cannot", I'm not saying they won't try. I'm saying that they can't defend that decision making, and that no court is going to say they don't have to. You just have to escalate it to that level...
If that is so, the contract between the NCAA and its members, which I assume would be its by-laws, may be challenged in court. But the remedy would be to simply leave the organization. Who is going to do that? The entire P5, yes. But going it alone will destroy an athletic program. That is the essence of their power.

If that is so, the contract between the NCAA and its members, which I assume would be its by-laws, may be challenged in court. But the remedy would be to simply leave the organization. Who is going to do that? The entire P5, yes. But going it alone will destroy an athletic program. That is the essence of their power.
That's analogous to saying you have a choice to turn off your electricity. A monopoly is not above the law despite the fact it wields power over its members/clients...

That's analogous to saying you have a choice to turn off your electricity. A monopoly is not above the law despite the fact it wields power over its members/clients...
Well, they can point to the AAU and the NAIA. The point is, I think it would take a mass revolt to be effective. Then again, maybe you have a point. UofL could be the Curt Flood of college sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT