ADVERTISEMENT

Former Card to keep eye on

Cool, I remember meeting Tom Jurich shortly after he first started. Would you believe he was at an Institute of Electrical Electronic Engineers meeting. Tom was presenting on Cardinal Park, we got talking about who would replace Chris Redman, he said wait until you see Dave Ragone, he can throw a football through a brick wall.

Reactions: gocds
Actually got paired with Dave once at Nevel Meade. Good golfer. Big hitter, as you might guess.
BTW, Dave was more likely to run through a brick wall than to throw a ball through one.

Last edited:
Reactions: rh62531
I played softball against him a few times. Had a friggin cannon!!! He was a big dude and could roll.

Reactions: rh62531
An OC in the NFL is looking to be a Head Coach in the NFL, usually. But wouldn't it be something if Ragone has a good year...leading to a UofL return?

It's amazing how things happen that are related
1. Petrino is a great OC in 1998 at UofL, leaves for Jags in 1999
2. Ragone arrives at UofL in 1999, probably came because of Bobby's offense
3. Ragone graduates in 2002 & his great year causes John L Smith to move to Mich St
4. Petrino returns in 2003 because of John L leaving
5. Petrino leaves for the Falcons in 2007
6. Petrino fails & the Falcons get the #1 pick
7. The Falcons use the 2008 #1 pick to get Matt Ryan to be QB
8. Ragone arrives in Atlanta in 2021 to coach Matt Ryan

It is interesting how Bobby & Ragone's careers are linked heavy with the Falcons, Louisville, & Matt Ryan. Their careers and choices had big effects, even to this day, on those people and teams.

An OC in the NFL is looking to be a Head Coach in the NFL, usually. But wouldn't it be something if Ragone has a good year...leading to a UofL return?

It's amazing how things happen that are related
1. Petrino is a great OC in 1998 at UofL, leaves for Jags in 1999
2. Ragone arrives at UofL in 1999, probably came because of Bobby's offense
3. Ragone graduates in 2002 & his great year causes John L Smith to move to Mich St
4. Petrino returns in 2003 because of John L leaving
5. Petrino leaves for the Falcons in 2007
6. Petrino fails & the Falcons get the #1 pick
7. The Falcons use the 2008 #1 pick to get Matt Ryan to be QB
8. Ragone arrives in Atlanta in 2021 to coach Matt Ryan

It is interesting how Bobby & Ragone's careers are linked heavy with the Falcons, Louisville, & Matt Ryan. Their careers and choices had big effects, even to this day, on those people and teams.
How can you omitt Chris Redmon 2007-2011 falcons!

Dave Ragone hired as Atlanta Falcons O.C he has queitly been ascending through the ranks of the NFL making a solid name for himself. i hope Tyra is paying attention just in case.
Ragone has zero experience in the college coaching ranks. He's been a professional football assistant since 2010. His next job will be an NFL HC, if he has success at ATL. It doesn't seem that long ago he had a local sports radio show. I don't live in Prospect, but it's where I grocery shop and pick up the occasional McDonalds. I'd would often see Ragone, when he lived here, chowing down on his breakfast sandwich while cruising in his Lexus.

Ragone has zero experience in the college coaching ranks. He's been a professional football assistant since 2010. His next job will be an NFL HC, if he has success at ATL. It doesn't seem that long ago he had a local sports radio show. I don't live in Prospect, but it's where I grocery shop and pick up the occasional McDonalds. I'd would often see Ragone, when he lived here, chowing down on his breakfast sandwich while cruising in his Lexus.
Doesn't matter and we have know clue what he wants to do . It's still cool that we have a former player in that position that is still connected to this community. Every now and then local radio shows have him on as a guest. he still does a few charity things in the area. So it's not a far reach he could possibly have interest in being a cfb HC in his future . Besides he would hire someone like a John L to be his fb operations person .

Doesn't matter and we have know clue what he wants to do . It's still cool that we have a former player in that position that is still connected to this community. Every now and then local radio shows have him on as a guest. he still does a few charity things in the area. So it's not a far reach he could possibly have interest in being a cfb HC in his future . Besides he would hire someone like a John L to be his fb operations person .
Exactly.

He was the QB in John L's last year. Before Bobby. Back when we were rising, but still a CUSA team with a dream. He went to the NFL and now is close to being a NFL HC. It just feels like his growth is like a small town kid living his dream that we all watched grow up.

And he forever has the FSU game!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT