ADVERTISEMENT

Forgive this silly question - Who is our Opening Game Starting QB?

The only info I have (per press conference reports) is that Petrino hopes to name a starter by two weeks before the opener, and that Gardner feels better than he did before the surgery, and he is now doing everything but throwing on the run. Meaning...we don't have a starter named at this point.

The only info I have (per press conference reports) is that Petrino hopes to name a starter by two weeks before the opener, and that Gardner feels better than he did before the surgery, and he is now doing everything but throwing on the run. Meaning...we don't have a starter named at this point.

Steelers who do you want starting? Or is that cornering you by asking?

Steelers who do you want starting? Or is that cornering you by asking?
Man, that is such a tough question because each QB brings something good to the table. But, gun to my head, I will go with Bonnafon, because of his youth and ability to scramble and make positive yards with his feet.

I think CBP is going to use different quarterbacks depending on the weakness and strengths of our opponents. I am not sure who will start against Auburn but I would have to think Bonnafon, we are really lucky to have so many options. Personally I really like Kyle Bolin, he spread the ball all over the field, it was really hard for the sUcK defense to stop him.

Sounds like both are going to play huh?

What "both"? LoL! There are four QBs who could see minutes. My best guess is "if" Gardner is 100%, he will be the starter, since he did beat out Bonnafon and Bolin last year for starter. If Gardner isn't 100% come the start of the season, my guess is Bonnafon (my preference) will be named starter. Having said all that, Bolin showed what he could do, and a lot of supposed insiders said Tyler Ferguson could have helped us last year if he was eligible. 3 of the 4 have already shown the ability to lead us to a win. So, in order, I'm guessing:

1. Gardner
2. Bonnafon
3. Bolin
4. Ferguson

From what I understand Ferguson isn't going to make it. Great arm, but just can't put it together in a scrimmage situation. Biggest part of being a QB is between the ears.

From what I understand Ferguson isn't going to make it. Great arm, but just can't put it together in a scrimmage situation. Biggest part of being a QB is between the ears.

My gut feeling is Kyle Bolin. He was out all of 2013 and 11 games in 2014 because of injury requiring surgery! He came back for UL/UK game and from behind and beat them.

He is very mobile, great arm, very good accuracy, and a leader. If he had started at beginning of 2014 season we wouldn't be having this head scratcher now.. He is what CBP wants in a QB. What I do really feel is that CBP wants to elevated to is a QB that reads a defense and is able to react to it both on ground and aerial. JMO

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT