ADVERTISEMENT

For you Rick lovers

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Why? Calipari has “the best job in all of basketball.”

“I really don’t [think he will leave],” Pitino said of the UK head coach. “I think when you coach at Kentucky, you have the premier job in college basketball — in terms of he can recruit any player he wants, he has unbelievable facilities, he’s gonna win his 30 games every year, and he’s got the best job in all of basketball.”

In fact, Pitino thinks Calipari is “smarter than [him]” in that regard

“So I’m not sure why he would ever want to have a job that’s not the best job in all of basketball,” the former Kentucky coach and current Iona coach said. “He’s smarter than me when it comes to that.”

“I really don’t [think he will leave],” Pitino said of the UK head coach. “I think when you coach at Kentucky, you have the premier job in college basketball — in terms of he can recruit any player he wants, he has unbelievable facilities, he’s gonna win his 30 games every year, and he’s got the best job in all of basketball.”

“So I’m not sure why he would ever want to have a job that’s not the best job in all of basketball,” the former Kentucky coach and current Iona coach said. “He’s smarter than me when it comes to that.”

He failed to mention “ . . . You can cheat like hell because no one questions what you do. Not the media, local or national, other coaches, your fans and absolutely not the NCAA . . . “. Yeah, that makes it an easy place to coach. What CRP doesn’t realize is that his statement is, in itself, an indictment of that program and the coaches that have held that job, both present and past.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
Guess someone needs to inform Bleacher Report that they're eff-ed in the head too... LINK

It's hard to estimate how far U of L has actually fallen down this kinda list...

I mean it is a good job if you’re winning. You’re the king of a state of people who have no lives but to worship you. SEC money that should be spent on football, but all spent on your team to dominate that conference, which that conference because of football gets great TV deals for basketball. Oh, yeah and you can run through that league every year.

Guess someone needs to inform Bleacher Report that they're eff-ed in the head too... LINK

It's hard to estimate how far U of L has actually fallen down this kinda list...

Such a venerable publication. And ranking IU and UCLA higher than Louisville is nuts. Both places are proven graveyards for coaches.

I'm going to file this under "Rick Speaking In Hyperbole Again." Never forget Rick brought back Louisville basketball. He remade it a force. It ended badly, but the 2000's were a ton of fun, and the early to mid 10's were damn exciting. There was never a dull moment with Pitino.

I'm going to file this under "Rick Speaking In Hyperbole Again." Never forget Rick brought back Louisville basketball. He remade it a force. It ended badly, but the 2000's were a ton of fun, and the early to mid 10's were damn exciting. There was never a dull moment with Pitino.

Yeah it was a lot of fun. Until the Karen Sypher, strippergate and Bowen crap hit the fan. It was a major build up and it caused what we now refer to as scandal fatigue. Believe me I was a big supporter of Tom Jurich hiring Rick Pitino but in retrospect, it was a huge mistake. UofL basketball would, and could have been successful under any number of coaches and that’s because UofL basketball is much larger than any one individual. I just happen to think that we are on our way back with CCM as our basketball coach but even if that doesn’t work out the UofL will get the person that does fit. But I do think Chris Mack is the exact right person for the job. CRP is without doubt an excellent coach, but he has shortcomings also - they ALL do. Whether we want to admit it or not we had a taste of “scandal fatigue” during the ‘90s and guess what, we survived and we’ll continue to survive and succeed.

Reactions: Cardinal Cash
Yeah it was a lot of fun. Until the Karen Sypher, strippergate and Bowen crap hit the fan. It was a major build up and it caused what we now refer to as scandal fatigue. Believe me I was a big supporter of Tom Jurich hiring Rick Pitino but in retrospect, it was a huge mistake. UofL basketball would, and could have been successful under any number of coaches and that’s because UofL basketball is much larger than any one individual. I just happen to think that we are on our way back with CCM as our basketball coach but even if that doesn’t work out the UofL will get the person that does fit. But I do think Chris Mack is the exact right person for the job. CRP is without doubt an excellent coach, but he has shortcomings also - they ALL do. Whether we want to admit it or not we had a taste of “scandal fatigue” during the ‘90s and guess what, we survived and we’ll continue to survive and succeed.

Who do you wish Tom had hired in 2001? I believe Larry Eustachy was a hot name then, and look how his life path went. My point is Rick was the best available coach at the time. You never know how things will end up.

Who do you wish Tom had hired in 2001? I believe Larry Eustachy was a hot name then, and look how his life path went. My point is Rick was the best available coach at the time. You never know how things will end up.

Uh, NO not Eustachy as he had a serious drinking issue at the time. I’m not sure whom but I’m sure there would have been very qualified candidates coming forward. The UofL job is one of the best in the USA.

At the time, Pitino was without a doubt the best option available and TJ went all in to get him. Looking back is hindsight for sure. He was the best hire to be had, but in the end he screwed us by not taking care of his own program like he should have. Glad we moved on.

Must of have been Matt Jones who wrote the Louisville bio . Left out the bs vacated final fours and Championship which would have kept Cards at #5. Because that's were they always were on the pecking order after the alleged media Blue Bloods prior to the Rick program fiasco.

I don't put it all as hyperbole considering this is the second in your face comment he has made regrding U of L since hired by Iona. He reaches out first and wants to play Uk with praise then this . Plus it took him almost 5 years when he took this job to stop praising UK. I remember even the local media commenting about his constant Uk revisionist banter. Not too mention why say anything positive about them knowing the likes of Matt would take it and run and make it seem he's belittling U of L. In which Jones has and is doing just that. Rick knows what he is doing . Why isn't he praising his times at U of L ? To them because he is not going too. F*** Rick !

Don't get me wrong I'm in the go screw yourself Rick crew only because he has taken this program backwards again somewhat. Especially from an image standpoint. without a doubt he was at the time the only coach i would have wanted and been truly happy with. This program at the time Denny loved him to death . However he had let the program go by the wayside . In all areas it was time for a complete modern makeover and Rick delivered . And destroyed what he rebuilt !

I don't put it all as hyperbole considering this is the second in your face comment he has made regrding U of L since hired by Iona. He reaches out first and wants to play Uk with praise then this . Plus it took him almost 5 years when he took this job to stop praising UK. I remember even the local media commenting about his constant Uk revisionist banter. Not too mention why say anything positive about them knowing the likes of Matt would take it and run and make it seem he's belittling U of L. In which Jones has and is doing just that. Rick knows what he is doing . Why isn't he praising his times at U of L ? To them because he is not going too. F*** Rick !

I'm not sure how him speaking warmly of UK is an "in your face comment" towards UofL or Louisville fans. His name does hang from Rupp's rafters. And, I wouldn't expect Rick to say anything nice about Louisville right now. Things got weird and ugly on his watch and he was fired. No one associated with Louisville should expect anything from him at this time.

I'm not sure how him speaking warmly of UK is an "in your face comment" towards UofL or Louisville fans. His name does hang from Rupp's rafters. And, I wouldn't expect Rick to say anything nice about Louisville right now. Things got weird and ugly on his watch and he was fired. No one associated with Louisville should expect anything from him at this time.
We all have our own feelings of how we think Why i ended it with a F*** Rick!.

I personally hope Pitino kicks sand in the face of butthurt U of L fans. It's fun reading threads like this one--they keep me coming back! :cool:

Take your fake self to Uk
Dammit, another fan card check!... :p

gocards-invoice.jpg

Dammit, another fan card check!... :p

gocards-invoice.jpg
And ! Doesn't take away your disdain for the new direction of the program and your love and still support of the previous aholes who embarrassed this school If i was spending money like that their no freaking way i would praise anything that put my school in the situation we in. I can't wait to read your thoughts after we get hammered. I'm sure you will say something like the clown show didn't handle it right.

And ! Doesn't take away your disdain for the new direction of the program and your love and still support of the previous aholes who embarrassed this school If i was spending money like that their no freaking way i would praise anything that put my school in the situation we in. I can't wait to read your thoughts after we get hammered. I'm sure you will say something like the clown show didn't handle it right.

I hope you don’t take this advice as an attack. It’s not meant that way. When responding during a debate/argument/sharing of opinions, take a deep breath, clear your thoughts, remain calm, then respond. It’s an easy tell when a person responds with grammar and spelling errors that that person is triggered, and who that person is responding to has the upper hand.

Respectfully,

Message board vet since late 90’s.

Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
I personally hope Pitino kicks sand in the face of butthurt U of L fans. It's fun reading threads like this one--they keep me coming back! :cool:[/QU
Are we talking about the same Rick? I'm talking about the one who:
Embarrassed the University when he had sex in a restaurant and paid her to abort the child and convinced his friend to marry her. Or the Rick that didn't have control over assistants and they got caught having strip parties for recruits or the Rick who oversaw the assistant that paid recruits father?
I'm sure anyone employer would condone this.

Hey, thanks for bringing that up. Exactly what have clowns done to minimize the damages? They keep paying buyouts and losing fans and donors. They clean house and STILL lose banners. They run off long term, established coaches and pose in pictures with notorious slapd!cks. They change ish like parking assignments and cabooses just for the sake of change. And it mostly pi$$es people off who have money and placates those who don't. They wear bird masks and act like juveniles. Yeah, that crowd’s really earning their six figure salaries and bonuses.

Most of the situation you think we’re in is in your mind. You listen too much to people who don’t know what they’re talking about, and you see what you wanna see. Open your eyes, there’s another world out there…

Are we talking about the same Rick? I'm talking about the one who:
Embarrassed the University when he had sex in a restaurant and paid her to abort the child and convinced his friend to marry her. Or the Rick that didn't have control over assistants and they got caught having strip parties for recruits or the Rick who oversaw the assistant that paid recruits father?
I'm sure anyone employer would condone this.
Actually, I wasn't really talking about The Master. I was talking about U of L fans who can't get over him* and--as X just pointed out--are easily triggered. I guess you're on the short list too...

[Top 3 threads on this forum right now, all about Pitino. Freaking ate up...]

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for bringing that up. Exactly what have clowns done to minimize the damages? They keep paying buyouts and losing fans and donors. They clean house and STILL lose banners. They run off long term, established coaches and pose in pictures with notorious slapd!cks. They change ish like parking assignments and cabooses just for the sake of change. And it mostly pi$$es people off who have money and placates those who don't. They wear bird masks and act like juveniles. Yeah, that crowd’s really earning their six figure salaries and bonuses.

Most of the situation you think we’re in is in your mind. You listen too much to people who don’t know what they’re talking about, and you see what you wanna see. Open your eyes, there’s another world out there…
Minimize the damages your idols are the ones who done all this crap.

We wouldn’t have moved to the Big East in as soon as we did if Rick isn’t hired. The donors don’t jump on board of Rick isn’t hired and the facilities don’t come at the same rate. We don’t get the Yum! Center.

I doubt we are in the ACC at this moment of time if he never comes. He deserved to be fired, but you are just delusional if you don’t know what his arrival did for UofL.

Denny and Howard got us on the national stage, but Rick Pitino’s arrival just put us on the path towards power 5.

The football success got us over the hump, but Rick Pitino added to our basketball history was what made us legislated and was a driving force of the growth of our overall athletic program. Tom’s vision and drive to get Rick set the tone.

Good memories and Rick had to go, but I won’t ever forget what he did for this program. He could’ve went ANYWHERE and he chose us. He put his all in for us day in and day out.

Most of you think all of this we have now just happened over night. Chris Mack is a good coach and maybe will be great, but you don’t see greatness like Rick come around often. You don’t see Denny Crum in the 1980’s last forever. Appreciate the times you had, because it’ll make you appreciate the good times later on once we’re back to the top.

Reactions: zipp
LeFors$Ever you are giving far too much credit to “dick” for our moves to the BE and eventually to the ACC. We would have moved because of Tom Jurich and Dr. Ramsey, period.

I dont know about all UofL fans, but watching the OP melt down, either defending Mack or trashing Pitino, is always entertaining.
Personally i could care less what any of you think . Just as i would hope likewise. Can't wait to read all the crying when we have to deal with Rick's lack of oversight. While he just sits up in Iona with nothing happening to him. Rick could give a dam less about U of L or it's fans .

LeFors$Ever you are giving far too much credit to “dick” for our moves to the BE and eventually to the ACC. We would have moved because of Tom Jurich and Dr. Ramsey, period...
Jurich got us into the ACC with athletics, not Ramsey.

And Jurich referred to Pitino as "Elvis."

Pretty easy to understand these relationships and who was responsible for what...

Personally i could care less what any of you think . Just as i would hope likewise. Can't wait to read all the crying when we have to deal with Rick's lack of oversight. While he just sits up in Iona with nothing happening to him. Rick could give a dam less about U of L or it's fans .
You need to forget about Pitino. At the moment, he owns you...

LeFors$Ever you are giving far too much credit to “dick” for our moves to the BE and eventually to the ACC. We would have moved because of Tom Jurich and Dr. Ramsey, period.

Everyone builds on the next person

Denny took us National. Howard made our football program and made us more than a basketball school.

Tom was handed the ball and had a vision to make us a power program. Tom got us where we were, but it all started with him having the guts to go out and spend the money on Rick Pitino and push out Denny. It showed donors and fans that TJ and the university were serious about winning games and they’d spend what it took.

TJ had the plan/vision, but Rick was the legitimacy he needed to get the ball rolling. We had a good team in place, but needed that max-contract star to push us over the top.

I was at UofL during the early Pitino years, I remember the change once he stepped on campus.

Everyone builds on the next person

Denny took us National. Howard made our football program and made us more than a basketball school.

Tom was handed the ball and had a vision to make us a power program. Tom got us where we were, but it all started with him having the guts to go out and spend the money on Rick Pitino and push out Denny. It showed donors and fans that TJ and the university were serious about winning games and they’d spend what it took.

TJ had the plan/vision, but Rick was the legitimacy he needed to get the ball rolling. We had a good team in place, but needed that max-contract star to push us over the top.

I was at UofL during the early Pitino years, I remember the change once he stepped on campus.
And look at the mess he left.

And look at the mess he left.
What mess? Is the program better off than it was in March 2001?

A roster with Nwora, McMahon, Sutton, VJ King, Darius Perry, Malik Williams, and Steven Enoch for Mack to start with?

Playing in the ACC?

Playing in the best arena in the nation? Top notch practice facilities?

His recruit/player Donovan Mitchell becoming a superstar in the NBA that has been tons of good press for our program with him as an ambassador?

Chris Mack is walking into a MUCH BETTER program than Rick walked into in 2001, and that isn’t up for debate.

What mess? Is the program better off than it was in March 2001?

A roster with Nwora, McMahon, Sutton, VJ King, Darius Perry, Malik Williams, and Steven Enoch for Mack to start with?

Playing in the ACC?

Playing in the best arena in the nation? Top notch practice facilities?

His recruit/player Donovan Mitchell becoming a superstar in the NBA that has been tons of good press for our program with him as an ambassador?

Chris Mack is walking into a MUCH BETTER program than Rick walked into in 2001, and that isn’t up for debate.

"Louisville Receives Verbal Notice of Inquiry from NCAA over Corruption Scandal "
The Louisville Cardinals have been officially warned they are under NCAA investigation as part of the fallout from the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption.

Reactions: gocds

"Louisville Receives Verbal Notice of Inquiry from NCAA over Corruption Scandal "
The Louisville Cardinals have been officially warned they are under NCAA investigation as part of the fallout from the FBI's investigation into college basketball corruption.
https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/schools/louisville/2001.html

2000-01 Louisville CardinalsRoster and Stats

Record: 12-19 (8-8, 4th in CUSA American)

Coach: Denny Crum

ADVERTISEMENT