ADVERTISEMENT

Football Scoop Brohm Update

If I’m Bobinski I throw 6.5 million on the table. Either Louisville matches or they don’t. Tyra puts a number up your better the offer and let it all rise from there.

What I have learned is that Purdue is paying with the big boys now. That’s a colossal and monumental shift in support. I am ok with that and if we need it send it to another coach. No problem. Also learned today that Milton is coming regardless.

If I’m Bobinski I throw 6.5 million on the table. Either Louisville matches or they don’t. Tyra puts a number up your better the offer and let it all rise from there.

What I have learned is that Purdue is paying with the big boys now. That’s a colossal and monumental shift in support. I am ok with that and if we need it send it to another coach. No problem. Also learned today that Milton is coming regardless.
I agree. I enjoy seeing UofL alumni succeed, so please offer coach Brohm 6.5 or even 7 million a year. Sign him for 10 years at 7 million a year. He's worth it. Please.

Love coach like the UofL brother he is, but UofL can get a coach comparible and possibly even better for a whole lot less than 6.5 million a year. I'm OK with that outcome. If Purdoo wants to take care of coach Brohm with that type of contract then please do. That would be awesome!!

Go CARDS!!!

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
I think the article is BS. Tyra went to Indy with a ULAA/BOT approved number that would be competitive. The money side of this is no longer the deciding factor. 7 years between 32-35 million is what he will get from either side, its about the bigger picture.......

Reactions: BPGhost
Wow, the guy drives a 15 year old Honda but a flat 5 million per year ain't good enough?? GD, this comes off as greedy, plain and simple.

Wow, the guy drives a 15 year old Honda but a flat 5 million per year ain't good enough?? GD, this comes off as greedy, plain and simple.
If true about the Honda, then it means he's frugile because he is already a millionaire.

I think the article is BS. Tyra went to Indy with a ULAA/BOT approved number that would be competitive. The money side of this is no longer the deciding factor. 7 years between 32-35 million is what he will get from either side, its about the bigger picture.......

So Brohm wants 7 years and the idiots BOT only want a 5 yr deal.

Split the difference. Offer 6 yrs with a yr option. He'll likely get an extension by yr 4 or 5 anyways.

Back off BOT :mad:

Reactions: td75
The article is nonsense and says nothing new. What I know for sure is that it will take crazy money to out bid UofL in this process.

TJ had a blank check and could do whatever he wanted to get deals done. Now the BOT wants accountability so Tyra has that hurdle to deal with.

Reactions: CATFANFOLIFE87
So Brohm wants 7 years and the idiots BOT only want a 5 yr deal.

Split the difference. Offer 6 yrs with a yr option. He'll likely get an extension by yr 4 or 5 anyways.

Back off BOT :mad:
So, they approve a seven year deal for Chris Mack but wouldn't approve the same term for Brohm? That doesn't make sense and, I don't have any reason to believe it.

Reactions: Cue Card
TJ had a blank check and could do whatever he wanted to get deals done. Now the BOT wants accountability so Tyra has that hurdle to deal with.
Except that it's donors that have stepped up with the cash - so the BoT has less concerns. This is all smoke.

If true about the Honda, then it means he's frugile because he is already a millionaire.
I've seen the video and you can too. Just google "Jeff Brohm car video". Pretty funny. I was once told that when Jeff played for the 49ers that he would send his money to his mother and she kept him on a very tight budget. I think he drove a Pontiac Grand Am (that was very old at the time) while as a QB in the NFL.

He drove an old pickup truck at that time. I believe Oscar was an accountant so they were brought up in a financially conservative household.

Its not about money.

Louisville can match whatever Brohm realistically requests for salary.

Its more about Brohm's vision for his career from what I gather. By staying at Purdue he can keep his promise to this group of kids and still pursue a bigger and better job in a few years. Leaving Louisville if were to come would be much more difficult.

Its not about money.

Louisville can match whatever Brohm realistically requests for salary.

Its more about Brohm's vision for his career from what I gather. By staying at Purdue he can keep his promise to this group of kids and still pursue a bigger and better job in a few years. Leaving Louisville if were to come would be much more difficult.
I've heard (but who knows if true) that the guaranteed portion of the contract may be a sticking point. Mack got a 7 year contract but I hear only the first 3 years is guaranteed. Is that true?

I've heard (but who knows if true) that the guaranteed portion of the contract may be a sticking point. Mack got a 7 year contract but I hear only the first 3 years is guaranteed. Is that true?

Macks is 7 years at $4 million per, with raises in 2021 and 2023 of $250,000 each. $6 million buyout before 2019, goes down $500,000 each year after. If Louisville were to fire him its my understanding that he would be paid his base salary for 36 months.

This money issue would not be an issue if Tom had not given Bobby a 14 million buyout!
Having enough money isn’t an issue. Being willing to spend 6M + to secure Jeff when there are other qualified candidates - is.

Completely different.

This isn’t about money we can match the money. It’s about loyalty to your players and loyalty to UofL. He’s torn. Personally I wish he would get on with it. He’s not the only option

Still not worried. Having fun watching this board though. Makes the day go by fast. :D
tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT