ADVERTISEMENT

Football Players voicing their opinions

Knucklehank1

6000+
Jul 12, 2004
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a groundswell to get the Papa Johns name off the stadium. Several student-athletes are voicing their displeasure in playing in a stadium with his name attached. This will be something to watch. Too bad there wasn’t some morality type clause in the contract.

Can we start a gofundme among the fans to buyout papa John for the naming rights and actually name it what we want to name it?

No one should be using that word! Players included nor should it be in any of the music being played inside the locker room or during warm-ups. If it is good for goose then it is good for the gander!

I'm down with the players, he's obsolete and an embarrassment to UL! Take your millions and go to Russia.

That crazy mofo has become unhinged. That being said, he can name the stadium whatever he wants, within reason. Common sense isn't his bag, but he's now no longer associated with the brand he created. It'll be interesting to see what he does with "his" stadium, that egomaniacal piece of garbage.

Too bad UK basketball players don’t have the same reaction playing in the namesake of one of the biggest racists in sports history.

You didn't hear? Rupp wasn't a racist. He was simply and innocently a man of his time. When he said the "n" word, it wasn't hate.

Lol.

I am sure UofL would like to rename the stadium but it aint that easy. I wonder if a buyout can be negotiated. Even if it could I dont think we are in a financial position to even cover it right now.

I'm for changing the name, but I was for that before this happened.

I'd hope to see the players play a little harder, don't get their ass handed to them by Bama, and protest on their time. I'm hoping this a lot because I'm not sure how I will react to a gameday "protest"

Hopefully this will be resolved, but it will cost UL even more money that we don't have.

Good for them!
Who put that stupid contract together???

Well the original contract was signed in 1996 while the stadium was under construction. So since the AD at the time was Bill Olsen I assume you are talking about him.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I highly doubt Bill Olsen crafted the language of a legal contract on behalf of anyone. I'm sure lawyers from both sides are the ones who are responsible for that.

Well the original contract was signed in 1996 while the stadium was under construction. So since the AD at the time was Bill Olsen I assume you are talking about him.

Cooper was coach at the time and Louisville football was quick sanding. No negotiating leverage at all.

Reactions: gocds
Cooper was coach at the time and Louisville football was quick sanding. No negotiating leverage at all.

Yeah, they needed money in a big way. WTH they may have even accepted the “name” of a Porta-potty company. :D:);) Cooper was no friend of UofL football and it took about 21 (if that long) days for Tom Jurich to realize this.

ADVERTISEMENT