ADVERTISEMENT

Florida recruiting just took another big hit...

PRPclass76

500+
Dec 20, 2007
Now that Stephen Field is leaving for Oregon on the heels of Cort Dennison's departure. Luckily for us, will not hurt so much for 2019 as we'll only have 12-15 schollies to give and Kentucky is loaded for this class. Need lots of OL's. Hope we can replace with someone with the contacts Field had down there.

Hope your right but Field was the best connected Assistant by far. Thing is, we only have 13-15 schollies to give next year (Senior class is 13) and with the 2019 Kentucky class being the strongest ever, Florida will not be emphasized as much I believe. However, 2020-2022 classes will need big replacements and Florida will have to come through again, so we have time. Hope Field replacement is well connected which I expect him to be.

Reactions: STLNBSE
The is no way to prevent assistants from leaving. I think it is strange he went to Oregon. I know kids will go anywhere to play, but I doubt Fields is going to be able to build a pipeline from Florida to Oregon. The families would hardly ever get to see their kids in person.

My guess is Cort attributed much of his success in recruiting to Fields opening doors. Dennison calls Fields says come to Oregon and we will pay you x $$$ more...done deal.

Louisville football is a good brand down in Florida because of their ability to get those players to the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT