ADVERTISEMENT

Far better program???

I've said it before as a longtime U of L fan, Purdue will not lose a bidding war against U of L for Brohm. If Brohm wants the U of L job, it's entirely because of personal ties. And it's TBD whether that's enough...

I actually agree.

I have little doubt that Purdue "can" outbid Louisville. I have a little doubt that they actually will. Honestly, as much as I and every other UL fans wants Brohm....he's paid pretty fairly right now so is Purdue really willing to pay their football coach $5 or $6 million a year? Maybe...but anyway, I think its irrelevant because I think UL simply matches his current salary and he takes the job. The only way I see him spurning UL for Purdue is if they offer him an absurd amount of money and make him one of the 10 highest paid coaches in the country. Now, if they're willing to offer him $6-$7 a year? Maybe he turns UL down...

Whether he comes here or not, UofL firing Petrino just made Brohm much richer.

He has been treated great. Purdue made him rich. They made him richer after last year and will do so again after this year. More importantly His staff will be taken care of which is important to him.

The important difference between us and Purdue at this time--and probably the foreseeable future--is they have a lot more money. I've said before that the person I wanna be in this mess is Brohm's financial planner...
And I’m sure Jeff wants you for his financial planner as well.

I think you are right in that Brohm would go if Louisville offered more money, but that isn't going to happen. The university president and AD at Purdue have said they will do whatever it takes to make sure Jeff Brohm doesn't leave.

Can they move the campus to Louisville? :rolleyes:o_O:):D

Reactions: BPGhost
You know things have hit rock bottom when we have to hear trash talk from the Purdue freaking Boilermakers. I actually stopped in West Lafayette for lunch driving back to Louisville from Chicago 2 years ago. Bad mistake. What a sh!thole.
Now that was an impressive detailed review. I’m going to look for you on Trip Advisor.

Now that was an impressive detailed review. I’m going to look for you on Trip Advisor.

Also, you don't typically get off the interstate and end up in West Lafayette. Lafayette is a different city. Parts of Louisville and every other city are great and some are sh*tholes. That is how every city I have ever been in works.

Let's compare recent modern history. No one cares about records in 1929.
Record over the last 30 years (since 1988): UofL 229-144-1 vs Purdue 160-206-3
Bowl games since 1988: UofL 19 vs Purdue 13

not much of a comparison on which program has been more successful in modern history. Our stadium is FAR better than Purdue's, our football facility is brand new and state of the art. I am not trashing Purdue, I like Purdue, but there is no way you can say Purdue is a better program.

Reactions: KerryRhodes
Against the #4 team in the country.

I remember that Kansas State team with Michael Bishop. They got screwed not playing in a BCS game that year, which actually led to the creation of the “Kansas State Rule.”

One could argue that possibly that Kansas State team was a little disinterested in that game beings they got screwed and ended up having to play a 4 loss Purdue team that lost to every ranked team they played that year, and a not so great USC team.

Either way my point was Purdue has won 1 of the 4 “big” bowl games (rose, orange, sugar, and fiesta) and uofl has won three.

Let's compare recent modern history. No one cares about records in 1929.
Record over the last 30 years (since 1988): UofL 229-144-1 vs Purdue 160-206-3
Bowl games since 1988: UofL 19 vs Purdue 13

not much of a comparison on which program has been more successful in modern history. Our stadium is FAR better than Purdue's, our football facility is brand new and state of the art. I am not trashing Purdue, I like Purdue, but there is no way you can say Purdue is a better program.

Why did you randomly pick 30 years? What type of competition was Louisville playing back then?

Just rounded it off to a more of a recent history. 100 years is irrelevant, 10 years to short. Just picked 30. It is also about the time Howard Schnellenberger came home to coach a program that was nearly shut down before he arrived. Honestly to go back further before Howard is looking at a totally different program. We had no facilities at all until current stadium was opened in 1998. Before then we were in low level conferences with little to no University support and little investment. If you know anything about UofL football you would be amazed at the transformation since 1998.

The last 30 years Louisville players and the program have won the Orange Bowl, Fiesta Bowl & Sugar Bowl...it Players have won the Nagurski Award, Unitas Award, Thorpe Award, Maxwell Award and of course a Heisman...been featured a couple of times on ESPN College Gameday.

No knock against Purdue...you’re in a good place with Jeff Brohm...this Back & Forth will be over in about 2 and a half weeks...Both Purdue and Louisville now have the facilities in place to be competitive in our respective P5 Leagues.

Reactions: CardsFirst
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT