ADVERTISEMENT

Fall Ball

earsky

Four-Star Poster
Jan 12, 2010
Yes, it's that time of year again and it got going yesterday with a scrimmage against EKU.
I was only fortunate enough to see about 3 innings. Some new faces to get used to.
Looking forward to passing along some scouting reports.

Reactions: CardX
Yes, it's that time of year again and it got going yesterday with a scrimmage against EKU.
I was only fortunate enough to see about 3 innings. Some new faces to get used to.
Looking forward to passing along some scouting reports.
Any thoughts who will take over 1st from Wyatt or SS?

I follow along on social media but I've never gotten into Fall baseball. Maybe I need to take a look at that schedule and see what's going on.

I follow along on social media but I've never gotten into Fall baseball. Maybe I need to take a look at that schedule and see what's going on.
It’s a great way to connect with the team as they really appreciate the fan support. Allows you to see them up close and personal.

Reactions: PHCARD
I got there too late to see who started at short,but Bennefield was playing late. Gonna be interesting. I really expect to see Lavey stay put at 2nd. He shined there last season.
Borden is the other RS Freshman that's in the mix, along with Bianco at 1st. Should be fun. We're loaded.

follow along on social media but I've never gotten into Fall baseball. Maybe I need to take a look at that schedule and see what's going on.
It'was my first time last season following Fall Ball. Selfishly, I was really interested to see our incoming Freshman class that was highly touted. Now, I feel like I shouldn't miss it.Card is right. These kids do things the right way and they are probably starving for some support.

Thanks earsky! Making me feel bad for not showing during the fall. :oops:

Reactions: earsky
The Annual Pizza Bowl Series is probably the best time to evaluate the newcomers and take a guess as to what will be the possible lineups next spring. The 2 teams will be evenly divided and it is competitive. Last year was a tie.
Hope to see you guys out there next month.

I really think Bianco will be in the lineup either at 1st or dh. Do we know for sure that Lavey came back? Going over today if they are having intra squad scrimmage.

Cards are having an intrasquad scrimmage today (Thursday) at 3:00 pm and Sunday evening at 6:00 pm. Batting practice starts about 90 minutes prior to the scrimmages.

Reactions: Deeva
Alright, made it out tonight for 5 innings. We are a veteran team and when I said in an earlier post that we were loaded,it was because there are 2 year guys that usually wouldn't still be waiting for their shot. They might be this year.

Lavey,Binelas,Dunn. That's as far as I'm willing to go on position guys. Probably gonna see Danny O more times than not either in the of or dhing. Same can probably be said for Britton.
There are a couple of Juco outfielders that might make the Spring roster. Maybe even become an every day guy. Didn't see Stringer.

Lavey,Binelas,Dunn. That's as far as I'm willing to go on position guys. Probably gonna see Danny O more times than not either in the of or dhing. Same can probably be said for Britton.
There are a couple of Juco outfielders that might make the Spring roster. Maybe even become an every day guy. Didn't see Stringer.
Stringer was one of those reported to go through the transfer portal...

Bianco hit a ball as hard as as I've ever seen at Patterson. It hit the awning in Left Center in about 3 seconds. I think he'll get a chance either playing some 1st , catching,or dh.

Just a few more thoughts about the scrimmage. Miller looks like he's gained about 15 pounds.He is a man. He looked great. Tbs, Binelas caught up with one of those 95 mph fastballs just enough to take him yard out of left center.
A couple of rookie pitchers caught my eye.Both lefties, Prosecky and Kuehmer, had solid outings.
Two Juco transfers are probably gonna battle for more than just a roster spot. Levi Usher and Luke Brown.

Scrimmage tomorrow at 2.
I think with the return of so many Seniors and the incoming Juco outfielders, most of this Freshman class will be redshirted. The exception might be the pitchers.

Also,there might not be as many catchers listed on the Spring roster as last season, but Britton and Bianco can catch if it gets that deep. I think we'll see Davis carry the load there.

We had a pretty deep team last season. This one looks deeper. Lots of rotations being used, especially in the infield. There are battles underway between the vets that have been in this system multiple years and all these youngsters. You can sense it.
There are 4 Freshmen left handed pitchers on the Fall roster.

I did look up The Pizza Bowl coming up and plan to make time to get out and see these new guys for myself. Thanks earsky.

Reactions: earsky and Deeva
The Annual Pizza Bowl Series is probably the best time to evaluate the newcomers and take a guess as to what will be the possible lineups next spring. The 2 teams will be evenly divided and it is competitive. Last year was a tie.
Hope to see you guys out there next month.

I've been all over looking for the Pizza Bowl schedule and I can't find anything. Has anyone seen the schedule for next week? Post it please.TIA

I've been all over looking for the Pizza Bowl schedule and I can't find anything. Has anyone seen the schedule for next week? Post it please.TIA
I am wondering if they will play it this year after just playing in the Dominican Republic on a community service/international trip?

I am wondering if they will play it this year after just playing in the Dominican Republic on a community service/international trip?

Yes, I know they are playing it. I've seen it in print many times with fall ball info, but there is not specific date, time, etc. I know it's Oct 14-20th. Maybe CDM is working on specifics after the DR trip?

Stay tuned. It is supposed to start next week,but I can't remember how CM went about the scheduling last year.
I'll be sure to pass it along if I find out when.

I was all set to make it over,then the boss decided to ruin my afternoon. I got there in time to see Levi Usher make 2 outstanding plays in center to keep the Ravens from coming back late.
Oh well, maybe Wednesday.

Caught about half of the game. I think our Freshmen pitchers have looked very impressive. Depending on how the health of the staff is going into Spring,there might be at least a few of these pitchers make the roster.

They look like they're ahead of the fielders.

Ravens take game 3,force another elimination game tomorrow.
I missed the end of the game,as the grandkids became a bit too much.

I think Brit provided all the scoring the Ravens needed with a late homerun, although I don't know if it was the game winner. 3-1 final

I think Miller is pitching for the Ravens. It's getting interesting.

Reactions: nccardfan
Ravens take game 4 to force an all in game 5 tomorrow. I missed the early fireworks that featured yet another Binelas homer off of Miller.
The Ravens would fight back however to give themselves a shot at first dibs on the pizza.

A couple of things. Dalton Rushing is a Freshman that looks to have pushed himself into a 2 deep spot at 1st base.

Henry Davis is an absolute beast. He's knocking the cover off it since he's apparently shortened up his swing.

Nevermind Binelas, who is picking up where he left off, Dunn who might be playing SS because of the guys pushing for spots in the outfield...

All I can say is WOW

Reactions: Deeva
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT