ADVERTISEMENT

Expected- Plummer waived by the Panthers.

CardX

Five-Star Poster
May 29, 2001
Unexpected- the Panthers want to sign him to their practice squad, so they must see something in him. He has to clear waivers first. He actually played pretty well during the pre-season, sans the first game.

I never really got the Plumber bashing. I thought he did a really good job here. Just a little weak with arm strength, but the dude was not afraid to try and make a play, with feet or arm. He's no Lamar in any respect, but he's got good size, judgement, accuracy (I can remember some spot on slant routs that led to some big plays)...perfect for NFL practice team.

I never really got the Plumber bashing. I thought he did a really good job here. Just a little weak with arm strength, but the dude was not afraid to try and make a play, with feet or arm. He's no Lamar in any respect, but he's got good size, judgement, accuracy (I can remember some spot on slant routs that led to some big plays)...perfect for NFL practice team.
That not afraid to make play was his problem. You say not afraid I say panicked. Either way it ended in untimely fumbles or interceptions. Plus he had six years of experience. Should have known better.
Let’s see how things go for him in the future. Maybe different coaches and time will resolve his issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT