ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone all right?

Living the dream. Be better if I could find some damn milk and toilet paper!

I live in Connecticut and work on Long Island. The drive in has been wonderful! Better even than Yom Kippur.

I live in Louisville and I’m 76 with some issues. I’m staying home and presently have plenty of food and “paper”. I feel just fine. I have Dr’s appointments later this week and I plan on keeping those. I am blessed with a family that cares and responds to my needs in a wonderful way.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

I live in Louisville and I’m 76 with some issues. I’m staying home and presently have plenty of food and “paper”. I feel just fine. I have Dr’s appointments later this week and I plan on keeping those. I am blessed with a family that cares and responds to my needs in a wonderful way.

I called my cardio docs office this morning because I’m due my 6 mth next week. I wanted to do a e-vist since I’m feeling fine heart wise(heavy hearted for everyone but I believe that’s the norm).

They just called back and are rescheduling everyone doing fine for May & June now. So gocds, you might want to make calls and find out for yourself what is best for you at this time.

I live down here in beautiful Owensboro and everything's great. I've been out five mornings in a row looking for TP, paper towels, and water. People are buying like the great blizzard is just days away. I'm 66 and have never seen anything like this. It's crazy down here. Keep safe my Cardinal friends.

Hope you’re doing ok Bill! As well as everyone else!

All non-manufacturing personnel at my work have been asked to work from home indefinitely. So odds are things will be ok on my end. Trying to avoid those most susceptible and unfortunately will be in isolation with the wife and dogs for the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Cue Card
I am now a pastor at a couple of very small Methodist churches here in Todd County. Nearly all are in the over 60 danger zone...including myself.
No cases diagnosed, but a lot of worry. The stock market will sooner or later take care of itself, it's the people that matter. This is devastating to small business owners, especially restaurants. Not much in the way of work at home in this part if the state between Bowling Green and Hopkinsville.
This is a hit that will give for a time.
As for now, no atheists, UK or Louisville fans in foxholes. Corny as it may sound, prayers and sincere best wishes for all you guys.
Hope we are all around come football season to rag on each other. Makes life a little simpler.
Peace guys.

Mr Oliver, Corny is good when our great land has been invaded. Take care of your flock but never forget to take care of yourself too.

I’m concerned about our medical field employees, our elected officials, our citizens working our grocery stores and other essential services. They are getting beat up.

I’ve watched it happen to my senior spouse. Retired to part time 3 yrs ago. But is a meat cutter who has felt he needed to be there every day for the last 2 weeks for others. What makes his day is when a customer tells him thank you for being here for us.

Was at a trade show in Atlanta last week with 30k attendees. Was informed today that at least one person there has tested positive. Been self quarantine since i got him. Praying i don’t have this shit.

Reactions: billoliver40
Was at a trade show in Atlanta last week with 30k attendees. Was informed today that at least one person there has tested positive. Been self quarantine since i got him. Praying i don’t have this shit.

What's really scary is that 30k had more than one positive that attended. Everyone that already unknowingly(we hope) were positive then gave it to 2-3 more folks in attendance.

Everything in Oldham County is good with my wife and me. We’re hold up and doing things around the house. Today I my watch the Sugar Bowl to get my sports fix. I have seasonal asthma so this time of the year isn’t fun. Just started with that two years ago. I to had a Doc appt today that was moved to May. Better to just stay away from others. Lucky for me that I’m retired and really not effected like those that have to work. I feel for those who’ve lost their jobs. Hope this passes quickly.

Everyone take care and FB will be here before we know it.

I’ve found my fav directv channel 833. Classic Rock. Music is a stress reliever.

I just watched a video on social media made for honoring our 4 senior baseball players. It’s a heartbreaker to think about what could have been.

Back to music for the soul.

Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
What's really scary is that 30k had more than one positive that attended. Everyone that already unknowingly(we hope) were positive then gave it to 2-3 more folks in attendance.

For sure. Who knows how many people were walking around with there, that had no idea they were infected. I basically bathed in hand sanitizer the entire time I was there, washed my hands like crazy, etc. But who knows. I'm on Day 8 of self quarantine with no symptoms, so I'm hoping I was lucky.

I am now a pastor at a couple of very small Methodist churches here in Todd County. Nearly all are in the over 60 danger zone...including myself.
No cases diagnosed, but a lot of worry. The stock market will sooner or later take care of itself, it's the people that matter. This is devastating to small business owners, especially restaurants. Not much in the way of work at home in this part if the state between Bowling Green and Hopkinsville.
This is a hit that will give for a time.
As for now, no atheists, UK or Louisville fans in foxholes. Corny as it may sound, prayers and sincere best wishes for all you guys.
Hope we are all around come football season to rag on each other. Makes life a little simpler.
Peace guys.
BO, have you suspended services? My church in Stamford has. Just wondering. It’s a real good question- does prayer do more good or more harm?

Reactions: gocds
BO, have you suspended services? My church in Stamford has. Just wondering. It’s a real good question- does prayer do more good or more harm?

I’ve always found that prayer ANYWHERE works. People are wonderful but they are contagious in a situation as we have now. Pray at home or in your car or anywhere you need to be but a large gathering in church, or anywhere, is just not appropriate right now.

Staying home is going to kill me.

Projects have me so sore I can hardly move :p:D

My closets haven’t been this clean in 20 years. WTH I threw out about 150 hangers on Sunday. I never knew that closet was that damn big. :D:p:rolleyes:

Reactions: Rollem Cards
Show up at Kroger at 7am when it opens, and you will find both.

Not the case down here in Owensboro. I did finally get needed supplies from Kroger and Walmart on their first senior Tuesday. They let me buy two packages of Scott. Haven't seen anymore since last Tuesday.

Cool to read these type threads and get a little knowledge about other posters.

Im 60 and live in Louisville. I have cardio vascular disease and diabetes, so i have been staying home since 1st hearing of this. Thankfully I'm partially retired and able to due a little work from home.

There are a number of people i greatly care for who are in the "essential " category and out there working every day. My thoughts, concern, and prayers go out to all those folks everywhere

Sorry to take so long in getting back. All church in person services suspended. The CHURCH is the people, and we are STILL here...just not meeting in person.
This is the time for faith and people of faith to act....even if that action is staying physically apart for everyones protection.
We are fortunate to be electronically engaged...so now is the time to put that to use.
Like Louisville sports, Kentucky sports, the church houses will be entered in again. Right now, we keep each other in mind and check on each other to make sure people know we are still here.
It WILL be back.

Sorry to take so long in getting back. All church in person services suspended. The CHURCH is the people, and we are STILL here...just not meeting in person.
This is the time for faith and people of faith to act....even if that action is staying physically apart for everyones protection.
We are fortunate to be electronically engaged...so now is the time to put that to use.
Like Louisville sports, Kentucky sports, the church houses will be entered in again. Right now, we keep each other in mind and check on each other to make sure people know we are still here.
It WILL be back.

You are right as this is the faith that we have in the Lord and the goodness of the people of the USA.

Reactions: billoliver40
Cool to read these type threads and get a little knowledge about other posters.

Im 60 and live in Louisville. I have cardio vascular disease and diabetes, so i have been staying home since 1st hearing of this. Thankfully I'm partially retired and able to due a little work from home.

There are a number of people i greatly care for who are in the "essential " category and out there working every day. My thoughts, concern, and prayers go out to all those folks everywhere

I’m one of those in the “essential” category. While it feels good to serve the community, this thing has produced more anxiety for me than anything I’ve ever felt. I’m healthy and fit but it’s terrifying thinking I could put my family at risk. I cannot wait to return to some normalcy and have sports as a comforting distraction. Take care everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT