ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN now pushing for Leonard fournette to win the Heisman LOL

LockdownCard

1500+
Nov 11, 2014
That network is a joke. The consensus there is that if he has a good game against Bama he could become the front runner for the award.

ESPN's 10/25 poll has Jackson way out in front with 50 votes, and Fournette in 7th place with 3 votes.
Yeah but they're making the argument that if he has a good game against Alabama and he will bolt his way up to the top. It don't make sense because his team is terrible and he does not have the stats to even compare with Jackson's this year.

Yeah but they're making the argument that if he has a good game against Alabama and he will bolt his way up to the top. It don't make sense because his team is terrible and he does not have the stats to even compare with Jackson's this year.

Well, we know how that worked last year when they played, so I am not real concerned.

I watched ESPN ( I think) yesterday and they had a panel of talking heads including Paul Finebaum. They all agreed that it was Lamar Jackson's to loose.

ESPN has been drooling over LJ, some like to go out on a limb and be different.

Meh...I think most concede it's Jackson's to lose. They really have pimped Jackson by far the most up to this point in their Heisman discussions. But they have to keep up interest in the "Heisman Watch"; there are corporate sponsors involved. For example, it's called the "Nissan Heisman House" in the commercials. Also, they can't be seen as biased in their candidate coverage by talking up one candidate every week.

I wouldn't worry about it. They have to manufacture talk about the Heisman. Nobody is taking that bait though.

I assure you that when/if Lamar does win then espn will do a major story about how the Heisman doesn't mean what it once was. All the while forgetting that when Hornung won African Americans weren't allowed to win the trophy.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Well, to be fair, what Fournette did against Ole Miss was extremely impressive. But, he's been out three games, and the two losses LSU took, he was suited up for both of them. If he goes gang busters against Bama, then against Florida and A&M, he has a legit case. Of course, if Lamar keeps doing what he's been doing, I can't foresee him losing it.

It's such a run away race right now they have to come up with something to hold peoples interest.

You have to admit that it would be kinda boring if every time the talk of Heisman trophy came up every single person said "Yeah, give it to Jackson" and then move on to the next subject.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT