ADVERTISEMENT

Ej Anosike

REDFISTFURY3

4500+
Mar 21, 2015
Hearing rumblings this will be the first grad commit . Not 100 percent sure on it only because i haven't had time to get into it like i normally do with my usual sources. However pretty good track record source on this one.

Personally not to thrilled with it another tweaner 6'6 esch Stuton type without an outside game but strong and physical will rebound with the best. Would bring that tuffness attitude we lacked.

I perfer that 6'9 forward

Last edited:
Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
Someone said we aren’t recruiting him anymore I thought
That's why I said not 100 prct on it hearing conflicting stories on him and U of L . These grad transfers are very hard to pin down due to the fact their recruitments are diffrent than high school kids things happen fast with them

I want the Quinnipiac dude. The guy’s a hoss!
Not happening!

Quinnipiac graduate transfer Kevin Marfo is down to five schools, a source told
@Stockrisers
: Penn State, Minnesota, Texas A&M, VCU and St. John’s. One of the top-available graduate transfers.

projections with Marfo: - Penn State - Texas A&M - Minnesota - VCU - St. John's

Quote Tweet

The one big thing we as fans overlook and just do not have a clue about with these grad transfers. Were their heart really lies they grow up rooting and wanting too play for certain teams. And when they get the chance as this kid has they take it. Nothing Mack or any other competing coach can really do but give it a honest try.

Tennessee lands one of the top-available transfers, Sacred Heart transfer EJ Anosike, he told
@Stockrisers
. “I always grew up wanting to play basketball at Tennessee.” He talked his decision & playing for the same school his sister did

Not happening!

Quinnipiac graduate transfer Kevin Marfo is down to five schools, a source told
@Stockrisers
: Penn State, Minnesota, Texas A&M, VCU and St. John’s. One of the top-available graduate transfers

projections with Marfo: - Penn State - Texas A&M - Minnesota - VCU - St. John's

Quote Tweet
Texas A&M lands one of the top-ranked graduate transfers in Quinnipiac’s Kevin Marfo. Buzz Williams luring in Marfo who publicly stated he likes Buzz as not only a coach but a person.

Texas A&M lands one of the top-ranked graduate transfers in Quinnipiac’s Kevin Marfo. Buzz Williams luring in Marfo who publicly stated he likes Buzz as not only a coach but a person.

Unbelievable that we continue to miss on so many players that would come in and have immediate impacts here. So frustrating.

Unbelievable that we continue to miss on so many players that would come in and have immediate impacts here. So frustrating.
Just dont understand it completely . However some will sign with a team that has less opportunity for playing time at their position. I gurantee UK and Duke will get one of the better ones SMH.

Reactions: CardsvsCats2019
Could be lots of reasons. 5th year SRs want to play in the NCAA Tournament maybe concerns exist with there. Maybe the stench of the recent past is a problem for some guys.

Again, the "potential NCAA sanctions coming" narrative is overplayed. Jake Weingarten, who is as dialed in with HS recruits as anyone, says he hasn't heard one recruit ever mention potential sanction here. Not one...and he talks to them all the time. We aren't getting guys for some other reason. I personally think Mack's style of play has a lot to do with it. All the "Super Six" had to go off of was his word. 2020 and 2021 recruits can look at film of 2019-2020 seasons. If you're an elite PG, SG, or SF...would you want to play in an offense that doesn't get out in transition or try to create deflections and steals, which spark transition?

Again, the "potential NCAA sanctions coming" narrative is overplayed. Jake Weingarten, who is as dialed in with HS recruits as anyone, says he hasn't heard one recruit ever mention potential sanction here. Not one...and he talks to them all the time. We aren't getting guys for some other reason. I personally think Mack's style of play has a lot to do with it. All the "Super Six" had to go off of was his word. 2020 and 2021 recruits can look at film of 2019-2020 seasons. If you're an elite PG, SG, or SF...would you want to play in an offense that doesn't get out in transition or try to create deflections and steals, which spark transition?
I don't think that's the main reason his system at least offensively gives players plenty of freedom . It's a very player friendly offensive system. Mack doesn't seem to be a sugar coating person. I just think his straight forward approach he doesn't promise anything. And i think with Grad transfer they are definitely expecting something.

I don't think that's the main reason his system at least offensively gives players plenty of freedom . It's a very player friendly offensive system. Mack doesn't seem to be a sugar coating person. I just think his straight forward approach he doesn't promise anything. And i think with Grad transfer they are definitely expecting something.

If it's not his style of play, then I don't know what is, but according to one of the guys that as about to HS recruits as it gets...it's not potential sanctions. I'd love to know the reason why Mack has missed so much since his first class. I just don't get it.

Again, the "potential NCAA sanctions coming" narrative is overplayed. Jake Weingarten, who is as dialed in with HS recruits as anyone

I was talking mostly about 5th year SRs, not the HS guys.

Opposing coaches have easy tactics to recruit against UofL for 5th year SRs - D Lee and Trey Lewis. How that work out for those two guys?

Like I said it could be a # of reasons for misses on recruiting. The things that went down within the program aren't recruiting advantages. Do you think getting busted with hookers and dealings with the FBI are helpful? Yeah the house is cleaned but it still smells.

Keep in mind his first "real" opportunity to recruit he pulled a Top 10 class. I'm not sure I'm sold on the guy but recruiting isn't my main focus of concern with him.

plenty of offense with Mack's style of play. we averaged 74 points, which is more than Texas Tech and slightly behind Kansas at 74.6

we are on national TV a lot, have brand new facilities, located in a nice city, we were #2 in ACC, good fan base.

maybe because Mack doesn't play freshmen much? only Williamson and Johnson had good minutes.

Opposing coaches have easy tactics to recruit against UofL for 5th year SRs - D Lee and Trey Lewis. How that work out for those two guys?

Like I said it could be a # of reasons for misses on recruiting. The things that went down within the program aren't recruiting advantages. Do you think getting busted with hookers and dealings with the FBI are helpful? Yeah the house is cleaned but it still smells.

Keep in mind his first "real" opportunity to recruit he pulled a Top 10 class. I'm not sure I'm sold on the guy but recruiting isn't my main focus of concern with him.
Yeah you have to at least give him 3-4 years of recruiting cycles to really see where he stands as a recruiter. Top 10 class his first year and year 2 doesn’t have the stud guard we want but 2 very very high level players in it and if Scrubb comes this class is a success. Year 3’s class is already off to an amazing start with Bryce Hopkins. He’ll wind up a 5 star before it’s over.

Just dont understand it completely...
...We aren't getting guys for some other reason...
If it's not his style of play, then I don't know what is...I just don't get it.
What I don't get is how/why these questions keep getting asked.

Haven't we all seen enough evidence the last couple of years of what's going on behind the scenes to answer these questions? Does anyone really think there is less of it now? Considering the direction college basketball is headed, it's probably a lot more prevalent today than it was when we landed in the headlines.

Is there a reason some of us are in denial and looking for answers elsewhere?...

Lee is in the league making up to $1.7M per year

We haven’t been getting them for a while. It is not Coach Mack or the system.

Coach Mack brought in 2 top 40 players last year.

Reactions: REDFISTFURY3
If it's not his style of play, then I don't know what is, but according to one of the guys that as about to HS recruits as it gets...it's not potential sanctions. I'd love to know the reason why Mack has missed so much since his first class. I just don't get it.
I will give my opinion and it is simply an opinion.

Coach Mack has had to play catch-up with too many recruits he is left looking for late risers.

Coach Pitino’s last year recruiting landed this senior class (M. Williams). He never got to recruit for the junior class because of all the turmoil, that class is empty.

Coach Padgett could not recruit because there was nothing to tell a recruit. He was not going to coach them.

So any connections made while the players were early in high school were not available.

Coach Mack while recruiting at Xavier was after a different caliber player. He had to abandon many of those connections to recruit ACC players.

Coach Mack will begin reeling in the players he needs but it will take time.

Our recruiting is fine. If Mack is a great coach, he can win with the guys he's getting...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT