ADVERTISEMENT

$EC Schools garner $44.6 mill each

KerryRhodes

15000+
Dec 15, 2007
donaldmurray.jpg

Reactions: KozmasAgain
This is why the NCAA should never say its goal is a level playing field. It isn’t even close and never will be a level playing field.

The University Presidents and AD’s better start redesigning their model. The competitive balance especially in football has shifted way too much toward a select group.

The only savior in the other sports is true tournaments decide the champion.

The NCAA has very little, IF ANY, control over college football. The individual leagues and ESPN control college football. And this is why I believe that the NCAA will not be around much longer in it’s present form.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

but the Big 10 came in at 54 million per school. Left the SEC in the dust. ACC tied with PAC12 at about 29 million per member.
Believe you guys need to renegotiate that contract. League is better than the third place Big 12...especially since Texas gets most of that money.

but the Big 10 came in at 54 million per school. Left the SEC in the dust. ACC tied with PAC12 at about 29 million per member.
Believe you guys need to renegotiate that contract. League is better than the third place Big 12...especially since Texas gets most of that money.

The BIG12’s number is skewed by the amount that Texas receives.

Taking this whole thread in a new direction, the OP uses the word “garner” too much.

I can’t believe that year after year they allow Vandy to collect that cash while never upgrading their stadium in football and arena in basketball. Unbelievable!

Soooooo what’s wrong with Capital One? Maybe I need to be educated. I really, really like Jennifer Garner ‘cause she’s a captivating beauty.

A decade ago (after my divorce) Capital One accepted my payment in full to settle a debt and then refused to live up to their agreement (which I had in writing) not to adversely impact my credit (and also that of my ex-wife). My ex-wife could have chosen to sue me for damaging her credit, but I was fortunate that she chose not to do so.

It was something that I could overcome without resorting to legal action, so I chose not to sue Capital One to force them to comply with the document they signed. But it was a stressful experience and one that adversely impacted my credit rating until 2016. As an example of some of the crap I had to deal with ... Lowe’s cancelled a credit card on me, and my homeowner’s insurance attempted to raise my rate by $200 (citing my poor credit rating as the reason), but I found a deal with another company for only slightly more than my old premium.

As a result, I will never own another Capital One card. In fact, eight years ago they bought a small bank that I did have a credit card with, and I immediately cancelled that card. Also, 7 years ago, they sent me an application for a new Capital One card, and I wrote “NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS!” across the front of it and sent it back. They appear to have gotten the message, because they’ve never sent me another one.

Reactions: Mayoman
Sounds like all credit card companies. The best policy (no condescending tone implied) is to never use a credit card.

Sounds like all credit card companies. The best policy (no condescending tone implied) is to never use a credit card.

Point taken.

While it may be true that other credit card companies would have behaved the same way, Capital One is the only one that did. When faced with a very similar situation, Chase Bank chose to treat me much more fairly. I also know that a good friend had a similar experience with Capital One.

Capital One will certainly never be in my wallet again!

Point taken.

While it may be true that other credit card companies would have behaved the same way, Capital One is the only one that did. When faced with a very similar situation, Chase Bank chose to treat me much more fairly. I also know that a good friend had a similar experience with Capital One.

Sorry to hear about your ordeal Pushupman.

Reactions: PushupMan
Point taken.

I’ve had a Capital One Card for years and years and I’ve never had a problem. I guess it’s just the way it is. Now I had an American Express Card and I’ll never have another one, period. Similar problem that you had with Capital One. I also know folks that have CitiBank cards and they are not pleased with those either.

This is why the NCAA should never say its goal is a level playing field. It isn’t even close and never will be a level playing field.

The University Presidents and AD’s better start redesigning their model. The competitive balance especially in football has shifted way too much toward a select group.

The only savior in the other sports is true tournaments decide the champion.
The P5 need to follow an NFL model and sign a national contract(s) then split the dough among the programs. Of course, the conferences and the blue bloods would never agree to that, but that would level the money. The other thing is a scholarship matching program, in which players rank the universities by order if preference, and universities rank recruits similarly. The last thing is a true playoff with no committee deciding participation, but objective measures known to all before the season starts. Also, everyone plays 9 conference games.
There- I fixed everything.

Which the SEC cares about as much as baseball and softball...

That is exactly correct. There is only ONE sport that the $ec (both schools and conference administrators with the exception of uahkay) cares about and if someone doesn’t know which sport that is/was then you have a serious reading comprehension problem. Football is king, period. Nobody, but nobody in the $ec other than uahkay gives a large rat’s @$$ about basketball or rifle teams or any other sport, period.

No doubt football rules, but there’s been quite a few new arenas built that they fill regularly (see Auburn).
They have to spend the money--they're nonprofits.

As far as basketball in the SEC, there's LPT and there's everyone else. No sense trying to compare them on that basis...

Reactions: gocds
They have to spend the money--they're nonprofits.

As far as basketball in the SEC, there's LPT and there's everyone else. No sense trying to compare them on that basis...
Yeah. Billy Donovan did nothing at Florida!

Yeah. Billy Donovan did nothing at Florida!

And you can see that Florida really, really cared about basketball as they rolled out the Brinks Truck to keep Donovan there. OH WAIT - that didn’t happen, EVER. Please don’t bring up UF and Donovan as that school has a 12,000 seat basketball arena that is 30 to 40 years old and right next door is a 90,000 seat football stadium that is virtually full every time the gates are open. UF is the perfect example of an $ec school that doesn’t give a big rat’s @$$/chit about basketball OR any other sport that isn’t football. At the end of the day they prove that by packing their arena for basketball games - oh no, they don’t. We average more for our women’s games (and charge more) than UF does for their men’s team. Think about that.

Reactions: zipp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT