ADVERTISEMENT

Early 2020 preseason Rankings

I really think we’re gonna beat Notre Dame on the road next season. Book is back but they never looked super impressive this season.

Reactions: PHCARD
Ahhh, I see...and Kentucky is unranked. THAT must be what Matt Jones is whining about on Twitter today. :rolleyes:

Reactions: PHCARD
Ahhh, I see...and Kentucky is unranked. THAT must be what Matt Jones is whining about on Twitter today. :rolleyes:

It pains me to say it but I was surprised U.K. wasn’t listed. They return like 18 starters. They have 3 out of conference games that are absolute layups. They do have Auburn as their rotating West Division opponent.

Lynn Bowden gone. Terry Wilson and Nick Scalzo rehabbing. Sawyer Smith ineffective. Walker Wood in the transfer portal. Amani Gilmore a long term project. and Joey Gatewood redshirting.

UK could be really good next year, but it’s tough to rank them in the top 25 unless Terry Wilson is healthy.

Stoops and Marrow paid em to do that. The staff has made a living out of 'no respect'.its worked pretty good. Then again, my Cats gotta EARN it. Gotta find a way to beat the gators more than once every 31 years and some way to get over that Tennessee baggage. Georgia is still a mountain that seems to get higher. Time will tell. Preseason rankings mean juuuuuust almost as much as the paper they're written on.

It pains me to say it but I was surprised U.K. wasn’t listed. They return like 18 starters. They have 3 out of conference games that are absolute layups. They do have Auburn as their rotating West Division opponent.

8 home games and still losing conference.
Theyre trash.

Mr Oliver, it gives us something to talk about in January pertaining to CFB. I believe we Cardinals switch to NFL talk soon. For the next 4 weeks, we hope!

Love seeing this but you have to chuckle at rankings by an 8th grader who has a geometry test on Monday.

“Sporting News”..... when there is literally no other sports website to visit...We ruled in 1974 along with “Sport” Magazine!

Mr Oliver, it gives us something to talk about in January pertaining to CFB. I believe we Cardinals switch to NFL talk soon. For the next 4 weeks, we hope!
I would imagine. The kid from Louisville has become the most explosive talent in the league and got one tough team around him. Cats best remaining chance is with the packers....but looks like a possible Ravens/ 9ers Super bowl....which h is sweet.
Personally, I'm an old St Louis Cardinal fan (look up Hart, Metcalfe, Coryell, Dierdorff and Dobler). Which means as long as Dallas suffers its a fairly good NFL season.

The only teams they beat that had a winning record I believe.
Lol....fair enough. The normal line is 'but it ain't SEC'....but truth is Kentucky didn't find their rhythm until late on trying to figure out how do you run an offense with a receiver at quarterback. ONCE they did, they got more solid. The old ' if he had been at about from the start' line won't work cause Bowden was the best receiving threat.
Just worked as it did. Shocked me, actually...but it worked. Like you said....best wins were at the end. Pretty much where they need to be.

Obviously preseason predictions are worthless but I find it interesting how Louisville is perceived nationally compare to UK. The question is when will Louisville’s success translate in the recruiting world?

While I understand the recruiting challenges at Louisville I am still surprised how difficult it has been to capitalize on the success.

Heisman trophy
Bowl wins against top SEC teams
Sugar, Fiesta and Orange bowl wins
Plenty of NFL players and really good ones

The only thing I can point to is the coaching carousel at Louisville. As soon as coaches got the program to a high level they left or the hire was a complete miss.

We kind of have become accustomed to losing coaches but I think keeping Satterfield is the key to future.

Reactions: Mayoman
Lol....fair enough. The normal line is 'but it ain't SEC'....but truth is Kentucky didn't find their rhythm until late on trying to figure out how do you run an offense with a receiver at quarterback. ONCE they did, they got more solid. The old ' if he had been at about from the start' line won't work cause Bowden was the best receiving threat.
Just worked as it did. Shocked me, actually...but it worked. Like you said....best wins were at the end. Pretty much where they need to be.

The issue with the uahkay game is that you guys had a very gifted kid playing QB and we had 20+ kids that were sick “with something”. Let us remember that this was a 4 point game at the half. But far too many of my fellow THE UofL fans are still wanting to blame our lack of recruiting and are saying that uahkay is truly that much better than we are. I don’t buy it as I saw us beat a team that beat the cayuts by 2 TDs in our bowl game and it wasn’t even close. And we HAVE been the better team since 1994 (the MODERN era). Any denying of that on any uahkay fan’s part is pure folly and BS. And, by the way, you were life and death to beat VATech. So much so that it actually could be defined as an upset. But you guys butter your bread a little differently than most. Count me as being one Card fan that is looking forward to next season’s game.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! God Bless America!!!

Porky and his team unranked. Hahahaha. Let me guess they only have 7 home games this year instead of 8. In all reality their fans are upset about the Cards being ranked and not them. Hahaha. The national media does not give them a second thought and this is just another example. Love it.

I think they looked more solid because they played a bunch of crappy defenses. Any defense with a pulse shut that one dimensional offense down.

The issue with the uahkay game is that you guys had a very gifted kid playing QB and we had 20+ kids that were sick “with something”. Let us remember that this was a 4 point game at the half. But far too many of my fellow THE UofL fans are still wanting to blame our lack of recruiting and are saying that uahkay is truly that much better than we are. I don’t buy it as I saw us beat a team that beat the cayuts by 2 TDs in our bowl game and it wasn’t even close. And we HAVE been the better team since 1994 (the MODERN era). Any denying of that on any uahkay fan’s part is pure folly and BS. And, by the way, you were life and death to beat VATech. So much so that it actually could be defined as an upset. But you guys butter your bread a little differently than most. Count me as being one Card fan that is looking forward to next season’s game.

I look forward to it next year myself. Come fall practice Cats fans see who the quarterback is, and that's gonna be a big tell.
Both lines come back mostly in tact, all running backs, entire secondary.

Lololololol...which could be the world or not.

Yes a losing SEC. But beat two ACC teams with winning conference records. We all can’t play in average conferences like the ACC.

Uh you mean like the very, very average East division of the mighty $ec. A division that the mighty uahkay cayuts can’t beat any of the top three teams. I’d weigh my words partner before I went spouting off. And, by the way, this is a THE UofL board and I’d mind my manners if I were you.

Yes a losing SEC. But beat two ACC teams with winning conference records. We all can’t play in average conferences like the ACC.
They should use UK as an example on how to schedule your way to a bowl game. Play 3 non Power 5 teams. Then play Arkansas, Vandy and Missori. 6 wins right there. All the time acting like you accomplished something by beating 2 rebuilding ACC teams. You didnt beat anyone decent and lost to Tennessee, S. Carolina and Miss. State yet you want to act like you arrived

Last edited:
Back at you but in BB. After all isn’t that your chest thumper.
Nahhhh....not me, anyway. I always hated it when the Cats got their tails kicked in football and some folks were yelling 'wait till basketball season...' never made much sense to me.
Personally, I wish Kentucky had jumped when the conference realignment was on and joined the ACC. Better chance to develop a football program...which whether I like it or not the Cardinals have done a good job of...and the basketball would have been off the chain with Duke, NC, Louisville and a half dozen others rolling around.
Too much money from the SEC to think about moving.

They should use UK as an example on how to schedule your way to a bowl game. Play 3 non Power 5 teams. Then play Arkansas, Vandy and Missori. 6 wins right there. All the time acting like you accomplished something by beating 2 rebuilding ACC teams. You didnt beat anyone decent and lost to Tennessee, S. Carolina and Miss. State yet you want to act like you arrived

Lessee....lost the all time leading rusher. Lost a first round defensive end. Lost a whole secondary. Lost two more returning secondary to injury. Lost the starting QB. Lost the second string QB. Played a wide receiver that every body every where knew was gonna run and guess what??????He and others ran. When everybody was sneering at a one dimensional team. Oh, yeah....lost the Defensive Coordinator and had a first year guy in there.
And whattaya know????? Still won.

Not arrived. Gettin better. Step at a time.
Looking forward to next year to see what happens.

Lessee....lost the all time leading rusher. Lost a first round defensive end. Lost a whole secondary. Lost two more returning secondary to injury. Lost the starting QB. Lost the second string QB. Played a wide receiver that every body every where knew was gonna run and guess what??????He and others ran. When everybody was sneering at a one dimensional team. Oh, yeah....lost the Defensive Coordinator and had a first year guy in there.
And whattaya know????? Still won.

Not arrived. Gettin better. Step at a time.
Looking forward to next year to see what happens.
Like I said they beat a bunch of bad teams . i guess that is an improvement for UK . Not being Vandy's bitch anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT