ADVERTISEMENT

Dwayne Ledford to Louisville?

Chapman123

800+
Jan 20, 2018
Louisville
Reporting on another site that the OL coach from NCstate is coming to Louisville, he has had 4 ACC all Americans at NC State.

"Ledford was a Broyles Award nominee in 2017 and four of his offensive linemen were All-ACC performers. In 2018 his line gave up the third fewest sacks in the country with two option teams finishing better. Garrett Bradbury just won the Rimington Award for the nation’s top center this past week, also. Bradbury was a 240 pound tight end with no other power five offers when he got to NC State. He developed into the best center in the country with Ledford as his coach."

HUGE pick up if true...also apparently JJ Weaver is visiting Louisville. I don't think we land Weaver in the end but if we do...what another gut punch to Stoops .Satterfield will have city of Louisville on lock down soon enough.

Call it what you want, but I'm starting to think we got the better hire. Take away the "hometown boy " lable and this just may work out for the best.

Last edited:
I don't think Satterfiled is a better hire just because Brohm would have been a natural fit here plus recruiting would have been different. With that said I think Satterfield is equally as good a coach as Brohm. The thing I like is people want to work with him. Ledford didn't have to leave NC State, but he wanted to work with Satterfield.

The number 1 issue on offense----offensive line. He hires a terrific Oline coach. The Oline has talent, I believe that unit will be much improved in year 1.

Reactions: Cue Card
I don't think Satterfiled is a better hire just because Brohm would have been a natural fit here plus recruiting would have been different. With that said I think Satterfield is equally as good a coach as Brohm. The thing I like is people want to work with him. Ledford didn't have to leave NC State, but he wanted to work with Satterfield.

The number 1 issue on offense----offensive line. He hires a terrific Oline coach. The Oline has talent, I believe that unit will be much improved in year 1.

But dude, Jeff did not want to be here! Scott does!
bucket

Established recruiters are a desperate need for the program. No offense to Sat, but he's recruited at the APP state level. His name alone isn't going to get him into the door of higher profile recruits. That's a big part of the reason I want the Cards to make a run at Randy Shannon. He can get in the door to the 4 and 5 start recruits in Florida, and especially in the Miami area.

Ledford is a nice get and shows that CSS's budget is solid and a one of the benefits of getting an up and coming coach for 3.25m. Ledford was making 450k at NCst. There is already some buzz from the recruiting side on who he may land. Big weekend coming up!!!!

Established recruiters are a desperate need for the program. No offense to Sat, but he's recruited at the APP state level. His name alone isn't going to get him into the door of higher profile recruits. That's a big part of the reason I want the Cards to make a run at Randy Shannon. He can get in the door to the 4 and 5 start recruits in Florida, and especially in the Miami area.
You can never have enough good recruiters that goes without saying, but they have to want to be here and with Satterfield. The implied narrative is that he never recruited 4-5 star guys, that is false. The other narrative is he recruited 4-5 star guys never landed one because he was at App St. You know who the high school coaches want to be recruited it is their lower rated kids. Not only has Satterfiled done that he has developed them and by the sounds of it the kids loving playing for him. Those are the same coaches that have the 4-5 star kids. His pool of recruits just expanded by coming to Louisville. He and his staff will get into those houses.

I love the Kansas State hire for the same reason I love the Satterfield hire.....football is football it isn't some complicated process. Coaches that have proven to be able to build a program then win consistently at a their level or a high level will be successful as long as they have support. The only question is can they recruit at a high enough level consistently to compete with other great programs. We shall see.

Reactions: Mayoman
You can never have enough good recruiters that goes without saying, but they have to want to be here and with Satterfield. The implied narrative is that he never recruited 4-5 star guys, that is false. The other narrative is he recruited 4-5 star guys never landed one because he was at App St. You know who the high school coaches want to be recruited it is their lower rated kids. Not only has Satterfiled done that he has developed them and by the sounds of it the kids loving playing for him. Those are the same coaches that have the 4-5 star kids. His pool of recruits just expanded by coming to Louisville. He and his staff will get into those houses.

I love the Kansas State hire for the same reason I love the Satterfield hire.....football is football it isn't some complicated process. Coaches that have proven to be able to build a program then win consistently at a their level or a high level will be successful as long as they have support. The only question is can they recruit at a high enough level consistently to compete with other great programs. We shall see.

Sat specifically has said that he didn't recruit 4 and 5 star players because they weren't going to come to APP state.

I took what he said to be that he was in early on many players who, as they improved over their Junior and senior years and their star ratings improved to 4-5 stars, players they were recruiting at ASU would catch the eye of P5 schools and he and his recruiters would, essentially, be pushed aside. So yes, he did recruit 4-5 star prospects, he just could recruit them to ASU.

Reactions: Rollem Cards
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT