ADVERTISEMENT

Drew Brees is carving the the bird and Coach

Sounds like a upstanding guy who continues to work for the people that are currently paying his salary.

Until he changes employers.

I would respectfully refer you to the video and story on the front page of the Purdue Rivals page. The video was taken after this morning’s practice. Note the emphasis Coach Brohm places on being honest and telling recruits the truth. Like General McAuliffe, commander of the Fort Campbell based 101st Airborne said when asked by the German to surrender at The Battle of Bastogne, my response to those thinking Purdue has surrendered one inch of ground in defending our Head Football Coach is just what General McAuliffe told the German, “Nuts!”

sure doesn't sound like a coach who has already accepted deal from Louisville????? I think this is over and he is staying at PU....
What’s wrong with you guys? Aren’t you used to having a coach that others want? We are. Whoever our next coach is, he has a big job before him, but all the tools he needs to succeed.

Reactions: wilkie01
I would respectfully refer you to the video and story on the front page of the Purdue Rivals page. The video was taken after this morning’s practice. Note the emphasis Coach Brohm places on being honest and telling recruits the truth. Like General McAuliffe, commander of the Fort Campbell based 101st Airborne said when asked by the German to surrender at The Battle of Bastogne, my response to those thinking Purdue has surrendered one inch of ground in defending our Head Football Coach is just what General McAuliffe told the German, “Nuts!”
Then, why not come out and say definitely “I am not a candidate for the Louisville job?”

I actually think CJB doesn't think he needs to say that? If he was interested he would answer the question which has been asked numerous times with an honest "yes I am interested"....but he has not!

What’s wrong with you guys? Aren’t you used to having a coach that others want? We are. Whoever our next coach is, he has a big job before him, but all the tools he needs to succeed.
What's wrong is the large number of posters on this site, your board managers and Louisville media stating and/or insinuating that a deal is done. Coach Brohm has said that is false, he has said that Louisville is not his "Dream Job", (contrary to what's been posted here), recruits and current players have stated he told them he isn't leaving. He has given multiple interviews where he talks about the future at Purdue. He made the easy drive down I-65 for a Thanksgiving with his family in Louisville.
So, the bottom line is that all your "inside info" is based on the premise that Brohm is lying.
I'll leave it at that!

All I can say is you guys must be really insecure to come to our board in the first place and then come up with all kinds of reasons why Brohm will stay at PU. Maybe he will. Who knows? We’ll get a good coach, whether it’s Brohm or somebody else. But the constant defensiveness just makes you look bad.

I actually think CJB doesn't think he needs to say that? If he was interested he would answer the question which has been asked numerous times with an honest "yes I am interested"....but he has not!
Lol - that’s not the way these things work. Also, that’s not the way that he handled the situation when he accepted the job at purdoo - he said very similar things about WKU.

All I can say is you guys must be really insecure to come to our board in the first place and then come up with all kinds of reasons why Brohm will stay at PU. Maybe he will. Who knows? We’ll get a good coach, whether it’s Brohm or somebody else. But the constant defensiveness just makes you look bad.
Tit for tat! We've been deluged with posters and "reports" on our board about how this is a done deal, Brohm has been longing for this job, Purdue is a horrible place to work, etc.
If your fans hadn't come to our board to gloat and demean our school and football program, we wouldn't be here.
Trust me, when this is over we will leave AFTER we post our regards to all your "insiders" who have insisted here, and on our boards, that this was a done deal, because they are SO CONNECTED!

Brohm has not personally been approached by UofL at this point. Our AD will do the right thing and reach out to your AD on Sunday and ask permission to interview Jeff. With that said, his agent has already had discussions and through a friend that is close to Brohms agent, Another Card carrying member of the Trinity Mafia as is his agent, I can confidently say he’ll take the job if offered.

What's wrong is the large number of posters on this site, your board managers and Louisville media stating and/or insinuating that a deal is done. Coach Brohm has said that is false, he has said that Louisville is not his "Dream Job", (contrary to what's been posted here), recruits and current players have stated he told them he isn't leaving. He has given multiple interviews where he talks about the future at Purdue. He made the easy drive down I-65 for a Thanksgiving with his family in Louisville.
So, the bottom line is that all your "inside info" is based on the premise that Brohm is lying.
I'll leave it at that!

A guy who played at Louisville under legendary Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger, went to High school in Louisville
Dad went to Louisville
Both brothers went to Louisville.

Nah. Thats not his dream job.

Purdue is......LoL

You guys are going to be so butthurt when he is Louisville's coach.

Reactions: Cue Card
Wont be over till Purdue announces Brohm has a raise and/or extension. If/When that happens then we go to the next guy on the list.

Tit for tat! We've been deluged with posters and "reports" on our board about how this is a done deal, Brohm has been longing for this job, Purdue is a horrible place to work, etc.
If your fans hadn't come to our board to gloat and demean our school and football program, we wouldn't be here.
Trust me, when this is over we will leave AFTER we post our regards to all your "insiders" who have insisted here, and on our boards, that this was a done deal, because they are SO CONNECTED!
Are you sure they aren’t Hoser fans stirring up trouble?

Reactions: earsky and Cue Card
Purdue has all the tools for a coach to be successful as well.

A guy who played at Louisville under legendary Head Coach Howard Schnellenberger, went to High school in Louisville
Dad went to Louisville
Both brothers went to Louisville.

Nah. Thats not his dream job.

Purdue is......LoL

You guys are going to be so butthurt when he is Louisville's coach.
Noted!

Brohm is setting his Purdue recruiting schedule for next week!
I'm afraid you really don't understand how these things work in general or what's happening here in particular. Best to read more and post less and let the folks who do know something about this speak. I know you talk a good game, but you've shown you don't really get it.

sure doesn't sound like a coach who has already accepted deal from Louisville????? I think this is over and he is staying at PU....

There’s only one way this works for Jeff. He goes 100% for Purdue Boilermakers until the day he no longer is employed by Purdue.

I do enjoy reading the naive posts of Purdue fans.

Have you guys EVER followed or been part of a coaching search? Jeff has said or done nothing that every coach hasn’t done or said. Not saying he’s for sure leaving but I can assure you that if you’re reading into his statements you’re doing it wrong.

I'll leave it at that!
Do you think the Brohm will make his decision based on which board has the most posts about him?
People write stuff on message boards all of the time: sometimes it is informed; sometimes it isn't. What people write really tells us a lot about the writer. We can talk all we want, Brohm will make his decision based on his own criteria.
I come here for information about the cards. I also come for some entertainment that is usually at the expense of other team's fans.

Brohm has not personally been approached by UofL at this point. Our AD will do the right thing and reach out to your AD on Sunday and ask permission to interview Jeff. With that said, his agent has already had discussions and through a friend that is close to Brohms agent, Another Card carrying member of the Trinity Mafia as is his agent, I can confidently say he’ll take the job if offered.
Ask permission? Why? This isn't the NFL. There's no requirement that he do that, and what would you do if the response from Purdue's AD was a simple "No"? Would UofL walk away? Of course not.

I'll be glad when all the "my facility is bigger than your facility" crap is over.

The PU folks are here because they're scared. And rightfully so. We know the feeling well. They cannot wrap their Engineer brains around the notion that anyone in their right mind would leave PU for "Loouyville". They are so caught up in the "But, but,.... we're big 10".

They don't know if he's staying any more than we know if he's leaving.

Their problem is, JB does know "Loouyville". Much better than he knows PU. ;)

What I like is how Purdue fans describe Louisville fans as....

“Louisville fans are similar to things you throw in a waste receptacle”
(Actually the title of a popular thread on one of their boards)

If they were as smart as they think they are they would realize they are insulting the family and extended families of the majority of their coaching staff. Don’t understand the urge to paint an entire fan base as something less than human over college sports.
It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

I can understand why Jeff would want to leave a place with people like that.
CJ

Reactions: CardfbFanatic06
What I like is how Purdue fans describe Louisville fans as....

“Louisville fans are similar to things you throw in a waste receptacle”
(Actually the title of a popular thread on one of their boards)

If they were as smart as they think they are they would realize they are insulting the family and extended families of the majority of their coaching staff. Don’t understand the urge to paint an entire fan base as something less than human over college sports.
It doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

I can understand why Jeff would want to leave a place with people like that.
CJ
You're noted as well!

I am now 70/30 on brohm staying at Purdue. He would have a 2-3yr rebuild job here. He has big head start at Purdue with a top 25 class coming in. He is also close enough to home he can just drive down to see family.

Unless this really is a dream job, I think he stays. Hope I am wrong.

JL Smith wasn't going anywhere before he left in the middle of our bowl game fot Michigan St, Petrino wasn't going anywhere before he bolted for the Falcons, and Charlie Strong wasn't “cut like that” right before he took the job at Texas. So take what a coach says for what it's worth and then wait and see what he actually does. We've been there. The Boils haven't ever had a coach any other school wanted, so this is a new experience.

JL Smith wasn't going anywhere before he left in the middle of our bowl game fot Michigan St, Petrino wasn't going anywhere before he bolted for the Falcons, and Charlie Strong wasn't “cut like that” right before he took the job at Texas. So take what a coach says for what it's worth and then wait and see what he actually does. We've been there. The Boils haven't ever had a coach any other school wanted, so this is a new experience.

Each of them leaving what would be defined as a Group of Six Conference to go to a Power 5 Conference or the NFL. Smith and Strong fired less than five years later and Petrino is fired by school where he was the winningest coach in history after one losing season. FYI, in the last 70 years one Purdue football or basketball coach voluntarily left to take a job elsewhere. Lee Rose spent two years as Head basketball coach 38 years ago, went to a FInal Four and left for South Florida where he lasted six years and never was a head coach again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT