ADVERTISEMENT

DOWN GOES BAMA !

Anyone expect a quick TD by Bama?

rolleyes.r191677.gif

Its going to be hard for the sec to win titles in a playoff system. Next year I'm sure they will give them 2 spots to help them out.

Originally posted by ColdCard:
Its going to be hard for the sec to win titles in a playoff system. Next year I'm sure they will give them 2 spots to help them out.

The delusion has been shattered--something that needed to happen so badly.

A minor injustice of our era has been corrected for the moment.

Gets 2015 sports off to a real nice start for this Cardinal fan just wish we could've done our part.

Originally posted by tkdcoach:

Gets 2015 sports off to a real nice start for this Cardinal fan just wish we could've done our part.
UGA kicked our collective butts but I still feel coach Petrino started the butt kicking by disrupting the offensive rhythm by changing out QB's. Bolin was holding his own then the switch and that started a chain of events that we couldn't stop. Chubbs was a beast and the Bulldogs rolled to an easy win after that QB change. I'm not hating on CBP, but I do feel he made a serious coaching error by doing that.

Still, it's nice to see the SEC hype get smacked down a notch by the rest of the college football world. Nobody and I do mean NOBODY was giving OSU any chance at all of knocking off Alabama. Kind of reminds me of when the Cards knocked off Florida but the biggest difference is OSU is being heralded for having a great game while the Cards were just lucky that a disinterested Florida team showed up to play in the Sugar Bowl. That's what the perception was anyway.

Best I can figure the SEC is 5-5 now with Tennessee and Florida still to play in their respective bowl games. That means 12 SEC teams out of 14 got bowl bids which is absurd in itself.

The SEC is good. .500 good in bowl games.

I hate OSU. I'm so sick of them being in a BCS game every year for the last 15 years. I was rooting for Alabama to kill OSU and THEN for Oregon to take out bama. Oregon better win.

This post was edited on 1/3 11:43 AM by DerVille

Originally posted by tkdcoach:

As UCLA and K-State are playing now, the SEC is 6-5 in the bowls. Only CUSA (4-1) and the Pac 12 (5-1) have better records. Meanwhile, the ACC is 4-7. Only the Big 12 (1-4) is worse. Whoever said the SEC getting 12 bowls was a bad thing, I would say maybe not so bad as the ACC getting 11.

Tammy and Phyllis are the stars of the Finebaum show. I love it when one or the other (usually Tammy) makes reference to his 'scrawny little neck'.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT