ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan Mitchell Joins Jordan And Iverson

shadow force

Jun 8, 2010
Mitchell became just the third player in NBA history to have two 50-point games in the same series, joining Michael Jordan and Allen Iverson.

"I haven’t done anything yet to be honest. All we did was win Game 4,” Mitchell said during the walk-off interview with TNT. “Fifty’s 50, but we’re looking to close this series out. I’m honored to be in that category. I’m very humbled and blessed, but we still have one game left. That’s all that’s on my mind.”

I have to admit that I didn't think he would be quite this good in the NBA. But I like seeing his success.

I remember that game when it was UL UK at Rupp and Murray and Don played

If you would’ve asked me who would’ve ended up being a 50 point agame scorer in the NBA for us that Day, I would’ve told you guys Damion Lee.

On that team for us was Dame Lee, Trey Lewis, & Onuaku. The Blue Necks has Skal who was a #1 player in some rankings, Poythress was a projected #1 at one point, and the little Ulis guy was an All-American. Don out did them all

I remember thinking of Don in that group of other guys on that team like QSnider and Deng Adel, guys with huge upside. I would’ve never thought he was going to be an NBA superstar.

Reactions: shadow force
ADVERTISEMENT