ADVERTISEMENT

Do you remember when RB Matt Colburn committed to play for U of L

As i previously stated, ALL programs pull schollys at the last minute, just like players pull commitments at the last minute.

Its why programs take more than the alloted commits, to protect themselves when a kid flips on signing day.

I dont blame Petrino one bit for offering him a greyshirt.

Reactions: Louisvillian
When someone is nominated as the best football player in their state for that year. You better give them respect. Petrino did not.

Then why didnt Clemson or Scar sign him ?

Remember how the Cards got Mauldin ?
2 days before signing day, Spurrier pulls his offer.

Reactions: Louisvillian
Please...Let’s not act like this kid is some kind of great running back that we just couldn’t have passed on. He’s average at best. Him and his 3.5 yard per carry average.

Congrats to him for getting his revenge on us, now that we have the nation’s worst defense and a dead program.

This is the “it’s everyone’s turn to kick UofL in the nuts tour”. Go get Brohm and it’ll be the ‘Dave Clawsons’ and the like, that will be getting their asses stomped.

If we were supposed to have backs that were better then him then our coach screwed that up

As i previously stated, ALL programs pull schollys at the last minute, just like players pull commitments at the last minute.

Its why programs take more than the alloted commits, to protect themselves when a kid flips on signing day.

I dont blame Petrino one bit for offering him a greyshirt.

Actually they don’t, and getting your team banned from HS isn’t a good idea.

The ticker line on ESPN displayed it as

Colburn 234yds, 3TD Was LOU Commit (school pulled offer)

I don't care if other schools do it, it was a jerk move. And he is better than every back we have.

Actually they don’t, and getting your team banned from HS isn’t a good idea.

YES
They do.
ESPECIALLY before Social media was advent.

You Scat fans did it to basketball players Crapiperi first year at SuCkS, so he could bring in the ones he bought.

Last edited:
The ticker line on ESPN displayed it as

Colburn 234yds, 3TD Was LOU Commit (school pulled offer)

I don't care if other schools do it, it was a jerk move. And he is better than every back we have.

You think he would have 243 yds behind this line ?

Players flip ON SIGNING day. Its why coaches will accept 30 verbals when they only have 25 available scholarships.

This crybaby coburn has one more game against Louisville and theyre going to shut his bitch ass down. He threw LLs up yesterday. Guess he didnt get his revenge from last year out of his system.

Last edited:

You didnt duspute it.

If Bowen being ranked number 37 was going for 100K, how much were top 10 players like Cousins and Wall going for ?

Go ahead and spin it.

EVERYONE knows uofk fans are PRAYING that the FBI doesn't expose the bought players ny Nike at uofk.

I kinda felt bad for this Wake kid, but with his mocking the crowd with his TDs, he can take a giant leap. Why is Louisville singled out for something that happens all the time in big boy football? Because we let this kid be a crybaby about it. I’d had no problem with him throwing an L up in Petrino’s face, but throw it up in mine? Get lost crybaby...

You didnt duspute it.

If Bowen being ranked number 37 was going for 100K, how much were top 10 players like Cousins and Wall going for ?

Go ahead and spin it.

EVERYONE knows uofk fans are PRAYING that the FBI doesn't expose the bought players ny Nike at uofk.
When/IF Kentucky gets implicated i won’t be on message boards talking about how Louisville bought players lol

But I guess that’s all you have right now in the collegiate sports universe

I kinda felt bad for this Wake kid, but with his mocking the crowd with his TDs, he can take a giant leap. Why is Louisville singled out for something that happens all the time in big boy football? Because we let this kid be a crybaby about it. I’d had no problem with him throwing an L up in Petrino’s face, but throw it up in mine? Get lost crybaby...

We went through this last year.
The media celebrated Wake winning by mentioning this crybaby.

Now to run a scroll is ignorant.
UofL is just a convenient whipping boy by the media.

Next year will be a Louisville revenge tour on BC, wF NC state, VA , FSU, and Clemson led by Jeff Brohm .

Eff all the haters :mad:

I don't blame him for mocking us. We're the dumbasses.

He wins. We lose. And in more ways than just this game.

I have absolutely zero issues with Petrino pulling the kids scholarship. Goes on everywhere and this kid was a nobody. Literally only Louisville and Wake offered him from the P5....UT, USCjr, Clemson, Arkansas all saw him and never offered.

Other than the way it occured nobody cared that we weren't getting him. It is what it is. I would have done the same thing if I were Petrino and I would have done the exact same thing if I were Colburn.

For the record, here are Colburn’s rushing stats…

Freshman --- 245 yards, 3.7 per carry

Sophomore --- 626 yards, 4.1 per carry

Junior --- 904 yards, 5.4 per carry

Senior (through 8 games) --- 644 yards, 5.4 per carry

Probably the one and only Louisville player (outside of Lamar) who measured up to that during the past few years was Radcliff. It would have been nice to have him.

100% agree with KR in this thread, and wish I could give him a "like".

The Colburn kid was offered a grayshirt and refused it. He was getting too much advice from the people around him at that time. Glad things worked out for him at Wake, but he wouldn't have made much of a difference here. I just had surgery last week, and I could have rushed for positive yards against our defense yesterday...

Reactions: CommodoreCard
For the record, here are Colburn’s rushing stats…

Freshman --- 245 yards, 3.7 per carry

Sophomore --- 626 yards, 4.1 per carry

Junior --- 904 yards, 5.4 per carry

Senior (through 8 games) --- 644 yards, 5.4 per carry

Probably the one and only Louisville player (outside of Lamar) who measured up to that during the past few years was Radcliff. It would have been nice to have him.

He wouldn't be nowhere near those stats here, with the swiss cheese o-line, Lamar leading the team in rushing and Petrino playing mind games with the running backs this year.

It happened. He supposedly got his revenge last year, but the media keeps piling on the Cards. Eff everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT