ADVERTISEMENT

Discipline

gocds

15000+
Gold Member
Jun 13, 2001
If you ever wondered if a head coach has ANY effect on his team’s discipline then just watch Stupes chase after the officials after the game yesterday to “get his words in”. He just told his players it’s ok to bitch, moan and cry over spilled milk.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless America!!!

That is all porky knows how to do. Scream at the officials. BTW, it’s probably a good thing for him to be chasing people around. The exercise would be beneficial. Looks like he gained the pandemic 15 plus another 20.

If you ever wondered if a head coach has ANY effect on his team’s discipline then just watch Stupes chase after the officials after the game yesterday to “get his words in”. He just told his players it’s ok to bitch, moan and cry over spilled milk.

Yes indeed. It starts at the top and filters down. Tell me who you run with and I'll tell you what your are. Cats of a feather stick together. :rolleyes: ;)

Can't argue with things UK fans are saying as well today.
Three 100 yard rushers in one game. Control TOP by nearly 10 minutes.
Lose.
Smh

Reactions: rh62531
Well said GOCDS ........ I am sure you and others could have predicted this behavior, as the Telecast spent a significant amount of time capturing Stoops arguing with the officials at every sideline opportunity possible. This has become such a predictable phenomena with the Stoops-led UK football program, that it was no coincidence the SEC TV broadcast team allowed this much exposure of Stoops screaming at the officials.

• Haha
Reactions: rh62531 and gocds
Well said GOCDS ........ I am sure you and others could have predicted this behavior, as the Telecast spent a significant amount of time capturing Stoops arguing with the officials at every sideline opportunity possible. This has become such a predictable phenomena with the Stoops-led UK football program, that it was no coincidence the SEC TV broadcast team allowed this much exposure of Stoops screaming at the officials.

And welcome back to you 233.

Well your coach cries about the opposing team throwing the L's down sign. Don't have a stupid sign if your going to get butt hurt when we use it against you.

Well your coach cries about the opposing team throwing the L's down sign. Don't have a stupid sign if your going to get butt hurt when we use it against you.

I find it particularly embarrassing for you when recruits flash the L's down at their signing party. Very odd.

Well, Stoops' discipline has caused a player of theirs to throw a trash can. There's another time their starting QB came out before a bowl game and tried to fight Va. Tech. There's this other time he had his entire team act like a bunch of jack asses during pre game to get under Louisville's skin, only for them to get whooped afterwards. So, yeah. The discipline is really paying off.

Reactions: rh62531
You should be embarrasses that you even have L's up in the first place. Then on top of that your crybaby coach whines about it when you get beat.

You should be embarrasses that you even have L's up in the first place. Then on top of that your crybaby coach whines about it when you get beat.

You're repeating yourself now. And, where in the hell have you been? L's up has been a thing for quite some time now. You're just now getting upset about it? I'm sure the officiating crew Stoops angrily chased down thought he was a perfect gentleman, and not a whiney, sore loser punk at all.

CardX, I do believe you are trying to communicate with a 15yr old.:)

Do you really think this person is actually that old? I’ve got some fingers to show this little idiot but since this is a family site . . . . .. . :cool:

Your childish behavior is typical for the fans of uahkay. Perhaps you should consider staying over on your BS sites.

GO CARDS - BEAT EVERYBODY!!! May God Bless Amerca!!!

Yeah Joe_da & T-Nole might want to join in. I wonder if they have a brain. Doubt it!

Unfortunately, besides the really bad loss the Cats had a bad injury. K.Smokes has a broken rib...so he will be down for a time. Stoops said he got horse collared...wasn't at the game so dunno.
Just a football thing.

It’s one thing to support your team with a sign, but another to insult the other team just because you can’t figure out a sign for your team.

It’s one thing to support your team with a sign, but another to insult the other team just because you can’t figure out a sign for your team.

Yeah, I think most of us have a sign for their team . . . . . . But this idiot doesn’t have enough sense to figure that one out.

Reactions: coachsales
As an old Kentucky fan...physically, mentally and emotionally....
The head coach admitting he lost his composure on the first show boat Sports center goof highlight and not getting it back as they game went on is ....Well...lessee.....
Frustrating, aggravating, embarrassing...and several other descriptive terms.
8 years in.
No excuses. Poor football.

The head coach admitting he lost his composure on the first show boat Sports center goof highlight and not getting it back as they game went on is ....Well...lessee.....
8 years in.

Billoliver40 I appreciate your thoughtful opinions and your honesty. Yeah, I understand who you root for and that’s ok. The respect you come here with is appreciated and respected from the vast majority of UofL fans. Thank you.

8 years in.
I don’t think as U of L fans we really appreciate the difficulty there is for UK football. Stoops has made some progress, he’s beaten his instate rival and was in contention a couple of times for the SEC East. Not trying to insult but you have a coach with a pedigree football name, I just don’t know if there’s someone else ou there that can recruit against the good old boys in the SEC. You almost have to stay with him and hopes he has a miraculous season.

I’m afraid some of our younger fans are going to feel Bills pain over time.

I recall during our Fiesta, Orange, and Sugar Bowl runs, uk fans would say that IF we had to play their schedule we wouldn’t have been in those bowls.

I hope that is not the case, but after a 36 year climb It’s beginning to appear that is true.

While we could poach enough quality from the hotbeds of recruiting to build strong records in G5, its not going to be enough to consistently push for the ACC championship. A Teddy Bridgewater could make a lot of teams great

We are slowly learning what uk, and about 45 other P5 schools have known/accepted for years.. You just can’t CONSISTENTLY get enough players away from the perineal top 20 to become a perineal top 20.

It’s subjective of course, but if possible, I would make a substantial wager that Satt would win a NC at Bama before Saban would at Louisville. Satt will get more “stars”

When it comes down to winning CHAMPIONSHIPS vs being a “good” 8-9 win team is Geography and history.

Always has been.

That’s why 20 +/- schools have won the last 50 NC’s with several winning multiple.

8 years in.
Bad losses hurt everyone. It does show the coach hates losing and cares. That's one reason his guys play well in the Governor's cup, because he gets them mean and fired up. I miss that Bobby 1.0 fire we had for those games. The whole athletic department had a fire because of Tom's mindset and it rubbed off on every player, coach, & fan.

Bobby 1.0 was in faces and letting the players, officials, and fans know he cared. We won big and let everyone know. Our guys would fight, there wasn't any discipline. He let Rich Brooks know game 1 he wasn't there to play.

Rick was the best coach of all time and it was all because he had that fire. He'd go after players and his assistants. He'd give a fan a middle finger and let a reporter know if he was full of BS. He practiced and scouted as hard as every player. They played hard for Rick.

Bobby 2.0 was calm. UK came in and pushed our guys. Yeah, Bobby grabbed a little no name assistant, but then kissed up to Stoops right after. We almost lost and their guys had the momentum. The next year they were hyped up to beat us and on their way to a blowout before Lamar saved Bobby's butt. Bobby wasn't fired up after that Clemson loss. He wasn't too emotional after the Houston or UK losses. Getting blown out by Georgia Tech, he didn't care. He didn't have that fire.

Scott has that fire. He's a kind guy, but he has his players believing in him to go run through a wall.

Reactions: billoliver40
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT